HMS Hermes R12 Released V2.5

Should be able to do 12... there might be a problem with the code... can you show the screenshot of the bug.

Had the chance to clean the fans and  2 tonnes of dust...

• Like 2

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Hey @joey45! Nice job on the mod. Myself and @Chipwich are trying to bring this vessel to life (DCS 2.7xxx, latest version as of right now) in a series of missions. When I try to create the following, for MP (all Clients):

- 1 Group with 4 client AV8's - flight of 4.

- Takeoff from parking, hot

Only 2 show up in the ME - the other 2 just disappear from the ME. In the lobby you can still select 1 - 4.

With "Takeoff from Runway" all but the first client (and I believe 2nd) seem to work, but when selecting slots 3/4 you get dropped through the deck. 

Just curious but, do they need to be single-aircraft groups? 

Thanks for the good work.

Edited by jross194
Clarity

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly, superb modelling and really look forward to the Ark- if she's still on the slip-way, of course?

Two questions:

I'm getting what look like 2 gigantic untextured missiles facing forward where the seacats (?) are positioned.  Is this a 2.7 'thing'?

I don't seem to be able to select the variants Centaur, Bulwark, Albion or Virrant in the Mission Editor yet the Hudson Bay is selectable.  I have the livery package in user\saved games\DCS\Liveries - so am I missing something?

Many thanks

Can I see a screenshot of the texture bug please.

Due to health issues and not having a PC over the past couple of months i haven't had the chance to do anything. 

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

737 driver - This is probably being caused by one of the  Illustrious class ships, both of these ships have seacats on them but one of the mods is of a much larger scaling  and if that shiop mod appears first in your tech mods then every seacat will be of the larger size.  One of the mods will have to change the allocated name for the seacat edm so that they do not conflict.  

Edited by crazyeddie

Joey, sorry to hear about your health issues - hope they get resolved ASAP.

crazyeddie - got it in one!  Many thanks  but what precisely has to be done to 

'change the allocated name for the seacat edm so that they do not conflict'

I renamed seacat.edm in Hermes to seacat1.edm, reintroduced Illustrious to the folder and the 'big, green' missiles reappeared.

Edited by 737Driver
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 1:18 PM, 737Driver said:

I don't seem to be able to select the variants Centaur, Bulwark, Albion or Virrant in the Mission Editor yet the Hudson Bay is selectable.  I have the livery package in user\saved games\DCS\Liveries - so am I missing something?

Hi,

Most of the liveries are only available if you select United Kingdom as country.

I'm doing one with the catchers called elephant because that is what was going to be the original name... 

EoKgHnf.jpg

yfmSZ6Q.jpg

nXNt360.jpg

6mXxvA2.jpg

mrytuPj.jpg

qd0EQ1X.jpg

Download link to the RC1 on first page...

Textures are still a work in progress

Edited by joey45
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• joey45 changed the title to HMS Hermes R12 Released V2

Hi there,

I'm using the Hermes 1981 version, and I've noticed a bit of a "bump before the jump" on the deck:

image.png

When I hit this during take-off it causes the front wheel to jump and actually flips the Harrier into the air, but not enough to clear the ski jump, and I pretty much always smash my landing gear into it as I barely clear it. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

PS Amazing mod, thanks for this!

• Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

Nice Job on the 1969 Version, A4’s launching splendidly 👍🏻,  I did put some crew on board, Is there a defined area where they can’t go ? I’ve had some that seem to block the first jet from parking onto the Cat’s, unless I move them starboard almost to the scuppers,  other than that, it’s a cracking ship 😁

Edited by nickmow

4 hours ago, nickmow said:

Nice Job on the 1969 Version, A4’s launching splendidly 👍🏻,  I did put some crew on board, Is there a defined area where they can’t go ? I’ve had some that seem to block the first jet from parking onto the Cat’s, unless I move them starboard almost to the scuppers,  other than that, it’s a cracking ship 😁

You can put them in the walkways and on top of the island/bridge/flyco .... The AI wont land if there is anything on the starboard side before wire 4, Port side is fine and some other random places.

12 hours ago, Sandmonkee said:

Hi there,

I'm using the Hermes 1981 version, and I've noticed a bit of a "bump before the jump" on the deck:

When I hit this during take-off it causes the front wheel to jump and actually flips the Harrier into the air, but not enough to clear the ski jump, and I pretty much always smash my landing gear into it as I barely clear it. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

PS Amazing mod, thanks for this!

It's very different for the LHA 

It depends on weight > speed > take off distance...
I normally have nozzles at 25 degrees. You don't need to move the nozzles to 65 because you have the ramp. But it all depends on weight.

If you are light then start more forward and you don't need full throttle.

22 hours ago, joey45 said:

It's very different for the LHA 

It depends on weight > speed > take off distance...
I normally have nozzles at 25 degrees. You don't need to move the nozzles to 65 because you have the ramp. But it all depends on weight.

If you are light then start more forward and you don't need full throttle.

Thanks for the reply, however I'm not sure it addresses my comment. There seems to be a bug with the deck on the Hermes. There's a bump on the deck before the ski jump, which launches my plane into the air before the actual ski jump (see my photo). Is that bump supposed to be there? If so, why? 

Thanks! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

That bump or lip does/did exist on the ship, it was in the area where they replaced the cats and blast screens equipment from the deck when she was converted to the LPH role.  It was actually the thickness of about a 1/4 inch steel plate, a very visible join one plate on top of the other, not quite the rounded look I see in your image but it was definitely there. 

I tripped over it once or thrice !!!

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sandmonkee said:

Thanks for the reply, however I'm not sure it addresses my comment. There seems to be a bug with the deck on the Hermes. There's a bump on the deck before the ski jump, which launches my plane into the air before the actual ski jump (see my photo). Is that bump supposed to be there? If so, why? 

Thanks! 

How heavy are you and where are you starting from?