[REPORTED] MP:DeSync, Server Bomb Craters don't apply to new Clients

Drexx

Project: DeSync, Server Bomb Craters don't apply to new Clients if they relog

Type: Major gameplay element reset by relogging

Reported: not sure

Priority: High

Summary: DeSync, Server Bomb Craters don't apply to new Clients if they relog

Description: Bombing runways is a big thing in this game, it can make a runway useless. There are even specific tasks for the AI bombers to bomb a runway. The problem is on a server/client system. If you disconnect and reconnect to the server all the bombs disappear and don't show up again, so a side can work really hard putting a runway out of commission only to be undone by someone re-logging. This information needs to be part of the synchronization of a server when you log into it!

To reproduce you need TWO MACHINES, 1 to host and 1 to act as a client. you'll notice the host PC will always have the craters, initially the client PC will also have the craters, but log out of the mp server and join again and all those craters are gone....

Edited by Drexx

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

+1

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 3 weeks later...

+1 to this. Runway strikes are a major part of offensive counter air and it's missing.

edit: It's actually putting me off the f-18 and sticking with BMS for now until I see some improvements in these kinds of areas. It's like having the toys, but no where to play with them.

Edited by maths314

• ED Team

I see lots of +1, and 0 tracks. Please try and give us tracks of the issues whenever possible. Makes it much hard to report bugs if we have to set up an recreate for the Team. Seems a server operator and a buddy could have made a track very easily.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Seems to apply to multiple things that are happening on a server. Historical actions are not loaded to clients. Dynamic weather is another example. When a client loads in fresh, he gets the dynamic weather as seen at the start of the mission, instead of where/how it may have changed for however long the server was up.

How is this related? In the same way that damaged items like runways are not loaded to a client connecting in after the fact.

Hey Nineline, out of interest, can you perhaps explain to us, how one is meant to take a TRACK of a multiplayer join sync issue?

Like seriously, lets think about this

Do you want a track from the Bombers point of view? Because he sees it, and if he leaves, well he won't see it again. But thats TWO tracks, its a track of the gameplay, not of the loading screen? What exactly does this tell you? The important bit is the bit INBETWEEN the tracks.

Do you want it to from a 3rd parties point of view who joins after the event? I mean he NEVER saw it and joins AFTER so who is say the bomb ever landed? He didn't witness it to track record it, so I don't see what that tells you.

Or do you want it from the servers point of view? Also interesting because nothing is synced between a server restart?

So what exactly do you want a track of? Seriously.

This is not a case where a track file is applicable.

Here are the steps to reproduce, Host a server(Are ED aware this a supported feature?), Have Client X drop a bomb on runway, have Client Y join the server, Client X will see and experience the crater, Client Y will not.

I get asking for tracks of intermittent, or otherwise hard to reproduce issues of actual gameplay, but this is a 100% occurrence issue of a SERVER system, hidden from the player's system, and a track isn't going to show that. Someone is going to need to physically test to resolve or at least verify a fix for this, just host the damn server yourself and do it, we pay you, you don't pay us. Stop asking paying customers to jump through hoops for simple to reproduce problems, ask for the steps to reproduce, if it sounds subjective or rare, then ask, POLITELY for the track, don't start your reply with a snarky demanding comment towards paying customers. Saying please halfway through a sentence doesn't forgive the snark at the beginning.

Edited by GhostB

its real simple, login, bomb a base runway as a client, exit and login again

All of the bomb craters are gone, searching a track isn't going to help. I have a bunch of bugs like this, it really does require 2 computers to test and see it. running the mission as a server host, and playing on the same box is not the same(the server will have the right data, its the clients logged into it that are missing the info on where to put the craters when they login)

Edited by Drexx

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

its real simple, login, bomb a base runway as a client, exit and login again

there gone, searching a track isn't going to help. I have a bunch of bugs like this

Hasn't this issue always been there ? I remember it even back from the 1.2 days and before...There are also other plenty stuff not visible in MP, like chutes, hooks position wrongly displayed etc. etc..

[100☭] holimoli #13, 100-й КИАП

I see lots of +1, and 0 tracks. Please try and give us tracks of the issues whenever possible. Makes it much hard to report bugs if we have to set up an recreate for the Team. Seems a server operator and a buddy could have made a track very easily.

If only Tracks wouldn't be Desync in 2.5.2 Open Beta.. though if we all provide tracks it might help the research about Tracks desync issue and finaly get fix so i can watch my replays doing carrier landings with my shinny Hornet ;)

• ED Team

Like seriously, lets think about this

You could have a track from the server showing the craters, and a track from a client not showing any. Just a short track if possible, with not a lot going on. Its reported internally, but we require certain information for bug reports, +1s certainly dont help.

I get asking for tracks of intermittent, or otherwise hard to reproduce issues of actual gameplay, but this is a 100% occurrence issue of a SERVER system, hidden from the player's system, and a track isn't going to show that. Someone is going to need to physically test to resolve or at least verify a fix for this, just host the damn server yourself and do it, we pay you, you don't pay us. Stop asking paying customers to jump through hoops for simple to reproduce problems, ask for the steps to reproduce, if it sounds subjective or rare, then ask, POLITELY for the track, don't start your reply with a snarky demanding comment towards paying customers. Saying please halfway through a sentence doesn't forgive the snark at the beginning.

If you don't want to supply us with the required information PLEASE don't report bugs or take part in Open Beta. We have asked for certain information to make it quicker and easier for us to diagnose, ED is a small team, if we have to recreate every scenario, it would add to an already large workload. so PLEASE try to supply us with the things we need to better help you.

Calling me snarky, or whatever might make you feel better, but its not helping get bugs reported. AND AGAIN, I said its already reported, but I am reminding you guys PLEASE submit the required info when reporting.

If you cant submit a track or video, explain why. Yes, 3 hour tracks from a multiplayer session usually are a mess, but you can make a short test track and they generally don't have issues, tracks are also much more stable if you don't jump around and change views a lot.

Also PLEASE see my link that I have included in my signature. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147710 It has some tips on what we need to report bugs if you didn't know already.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 2 weeks later...