AI harrier DO NOT takeoff from Tarawa

Magot

In 2.5.2 beta DCS , simple mission in editor:

Persian Gulf, put anywhere LHA Tarawa and AI AV8BII in takeoff position (start from runaway).

The wheels spin, but plane do NOT takeoff.

This is critical bug.

Still stay in this position and a bit levitate as you can see on screen

Screen_180527_014046.png

Included mission file.

Persian Gulf Tarawa AI AV8BII.miz

Edited by Magot

Confirmed this bug.

Same mission, same situation in stable version DCS 2.5.0 do it corret takeoff on map Causcaus.

And Harrier DO NOT levitate like in beta 2.5.1. but whole plane is correct on the deck and wheel touch the deck.

Please fix it.

NTTR - Nellis, AI Harrier taxi to the runway and stay there forever.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Confirmed this bug.

Same mission, same situation in stable version DCS 2.5.0 do it corret takeoff on map Causcaus.

And Harrier DO NOT levitate like in beta 2.5.1. but whole plane is correct on the deck and wheel touch the deck.

Please fix it.

Can confirm this. This was a problem at the begining of the AV8B.

Seems it is back.... :cry:

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

• 2 weeks later...

It does not make sense to fix the carrier related stuff, especially, as long as ED is updating and adding new features. Take off for AI is likely intertwined with land/carrier/hover general AI.

Here is a quick note from prowler, where he pointed that out:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3514757&postcount=3

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi Magot,

AI aircraft behaviour falls under the remit of ED to resolve and there are a number of problems with the AV-8B at the moment (from an AI perspective). Hence my post here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207222

which is now not just related to ground starts but ship based ones too.

Also an AI AV-8B will now take off from the TARAWA (latest Open Beta version) if you set it in the Mission Editor to a "Takeoff from ramp".

All ship based spawns result in a hot start and even if you wanted to make it a cold start by setting it as "UNCONTROLLED" and then using the AI Push Task trigger....... I have found it results in some weird behaviour so thats not presently an option.

I hope this helps. Cheers :thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Magot,

Also an AI AV-8B will now take off from the TARAWA (latest Open Beta version) if you set it in the Mission Editor to a "Takeoff from ramp".

Do NOT work at latest beta version.

I set Persian Gulf map, floating LHA Tarawa and harrier Takeoff from ramp.

And nothing. Same problem, harrier levitate and stay, no move anyway.

Btw and start UH-1 from LHA cause crash to desktop ..

But from ground airfield is all ok. Takeoff correct.

Edited by Magot

Just Tested it out on the PG map and I was able to have a AI Harrier take off from the Tarawa. No weapons and 60% fuel. So it was about 19000 lbs. Track is attached.

One of the things to check is to make sure your AI Harriers are below the max VSTOL weights. If I remember correctly from Zeus or CptSmiley, that if the AI is above that weight it won't take off. It's not like human player who can fudge the weight.

AV-8B AI Takeoff LHA-1.trk

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just Tested it out on the PG map and I was able to have a AI Harrier take off from the Tarawa. No weapons and 60% fuel. So it was about 19000 lbs. Track is attached.

One of the things to check is to make sure your AI Harriers are below the max VSTOL weights. If I remember correctly from Zeus or CptSmiley, that if the AI is above that weight it won't take off. It's not like human player who can fudge the weight.

I tried same harrier on same configuration on ground airfield.

There takeoff no problem all is ok. VTOL.

When is in same configuration - empty, 50% fuel do not takeoff from Tarawa. And have any incorrect position that a bit levitate in air. Wheels are not on deck. - Included track. (empty harrier + 25% fuel)

And same configuration harrier on LHA Tarawa on Causcaus map - STABLE DCS 2.5.0 - harrier do it takeoff on Tarawa. All is ok.

Problem is only in this beta 2.5.2. - its bugged.

@Norsegunar

In your track is all correct and wheels have on the deck. Problem on my side is propably in strange thing that harrier levitate. Something is wrong.

Please can you send me miz file?

I tried too repair this beta version and still same problem ..

wrong takeoff AI harrier from LHA Tarawa.trk

Edited by Magot

Wait for ED to finish the Carrier Ops implementation, then Razabma to integrate it into the Tarawa, then we should be fine.

It's a beta for a reason. Things like these are to be expected during early access.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 3 years later...

Same here... AI Harriers would not take off frome the Tarawa.  They taxi from Parking to the Runway. Then they just sit there.  And I can see they have wheel chocks on.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All,

I am using the latest version as of this time 2.7.9.18080, I have placed 4 Harriers on a Tarawa, set to take off from Runway. When the mission launches, the lead aircraft, looks like he is going to go vertical, then 30 seconds or so in, Wheel Chocks get placed, and he switches to rolling start take off, and you can see that he is throttling up, and for about 5 to 10s he sits there not moving, the chocks disappear and he is off

Then the other, tried only 1, 2 & 3 units, just sit there and do nothing. I have tried no weapons, fuel levels from 100 down to 50%, no matter what, when the mission launches, everything in paragraph 1 occurs

Thanks 

Edited by Toni Carrera

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors