System Failures

IceFire

Yes, you can. It's set in the mission editor when creating the mission. Click through the tabs, you'll find it. About 20-30 check boxes for setting invulnerability, fuel/ammo, available views, and syatem failures among other things

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Cant do it in multiplayer, have had multiple people try. Both the triggers and the individual planes.

If you set the jet to Player, works fine, Set it to Client, options disappear.

I don't mean set random failures. I'm talking about specific failures. I.E. I want an engine to quit at such and such a time on x-aircraft in multiplayer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to make a coop mission where one of the players gets a system failure on the way back home, only to notice that this isn't possible in DCS multiplayer...

Why not???

Please make it happen!

+1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Cant do it in multiplayer, have had multiple people try. Both the triggers and the individual planes.

If you set the jet to Player, works fine, Set it to Client, options disappear.

I don't mean set random failures. I'm talking about specific failures. I.E. I want an engine to quit at such and such a time on x-aircraft in multiplayer.

yeah, that seems to be status quo.

has anyone tried to implement triggered failures on a multiplayer/client aircraft using a LUA script? maybe this could be a workaround till the problem gets fixed.

i sincerely hope ED will fix this soon, as it would open a whole world of new scenarios in mission design.

cheers

HiLok

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd also love this! Making faliures a bit more common (although keeping them rare) would make checklists in general way more useful and increase tension when flying, even in peaceful parts of a flight.

• Like 1

This would add another layer to the sim, but they would need to be really rare to make it realistic on some arbitrary level selected by the developer, not chosen manually everytime by the mission creator. To make it a nice additional thing to consider, not a hindrance.

• 5 months later...
On 4/16/2019 at 3:58 AM, HILOK said:

yeah, that seems to be status quo.

has anyone tried to implement triggered failures on a multiplayer/client aircraft using a LUA script? maybe this could be a workaround till the problem gets fixed.

i sincerely hope ED will fix this soon, as it would open a whole world of new scenarios in mission design.

cheers

HiLok

The FC-1 (JF-17) has random system failures option in the special settings

3 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

The FC-1 (JF-17) has random system failures option in the special settings

Only on "player" aircraft, not on "client" ones.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 year later...

System failures in MP would indeed be lovely.  Having more parts of the systems/damage models hooked up would be nice too.   Things like broken rudders, flaps, ailerons, airbrakes, etc.  There are lots of things you can break with bad flying or from weapon hits that the failures system doesn't capture.

• Like 1

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.