Missing bombing symbology and release cue

toilet2000

In both Plan and Dyk mode, I’m unable to get the normal bombing symbology. I do get the designation point and waypoint indicator (the circle, although it is off by quite a bit) and the "release range" vertical bars, but no actual distance (the horizontal line) nor any release cue or flight director...

This was working fine on 2.5.1.

I’m on Persian Gulf, if that matters. Didn’t have the time to test this on Caucasus.

It sounds like at least the barometric altitude is wrong. The target-ring is relative your barometric altitude and it might float above the ground if your barometric altitude is too low or appear under the ground if your barometric altitude is too high. You can adjust to the local pressure by switching the LD/RHM switch on the right side of the front panel to LD and then adjust the pressure on the altimeter so that the radar-altimeter markings (two horizontal lines on the HUD by the outermost vertical lines in NAV-mode) just touches the vertical lines.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Well, the target-ring following barometric altitudes make sense, thanks for the info. I've had this "floating above/below" error before, but this time though, it's off to the side and always to the same side, not depending on heading. For example, coming from north, I see the target-ring about 500m/1000m right of the target (east of the actual target). Coming from south, it's the same distance, but right again (west of the actual target this time).

But that's honestly not the biggest problem. I'm quite familiar with the Viggen's bombing modes and I've used them extensively before (I understand how designation happens with the aiming dot). The "basic symbology" is present (aiming dot, the two parallel vertical lines on the sides of the dot), but on designation, all the other symbology is absent (no horizontal range line, no "release" cue with flashing range line and wings appearing, no flight director circle, nothing). All of this was present before 2.5.2. But all the "basic" symbology is still there (not under the HUD).

I'll try to save a track of this when I'll get home, I think it'll be a lot easier to see.

Thanks! :)

Alright, so I've got more info.

The bombing modes do not work in the Through The Inferno mission, for some reason (this mission : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300558/). They do work in a quick missions created in the ME editor...

One other thing: the AKAN gunpods symbology is not working either. The sight jumps up and down constantly (this happens in any mission, not just Through The Inferno).