2.5.2 hangs on loading screen

Noksi

Solved, you can skip this.

I was already flying on the new Persian Gulf map for a couple of days when suddenly DCS won't load anymore. It hangs after 55%, even an hour later it's still stuck at 55% at the loading screen.

I would say I haven't changed anything. No new graphic drivers, no Windows update, nothing.

Even disabling firewall/antivirus etc. doesn't help. Repair/updatedoes nothing, only reporting game is up to date.

The log files reports some missing serial numbers but as I said, I was already flying with the Harrier at Dubai and checking the serials reports they are still valid.

Deleting the options.lua didn't help either. Now I'm out of ideas.

Logfile attached.

dcs.zip

Edited by Noksi

I was already flying on the new Persian Gulf map for a couple of days when suddenly DCS won't load anymore. It hangs after 55%, even an hour later it's still stuck at 55% at the loading screen.

I would say I haven't changed anything. No new graphic drivers, no Windows update, nothing.

Even disabling firewall/antivirus etc. doesn't help. Repair/updatedoes nothing, only reporting game is up to date.

The log files reports some missing serial numbers but as I said, I was already flying with the Harrier at Dubai and checking the serials reports they are still valid.

Deleting the options.lua didn't help either. Now I'm out of ideas.

Logfile attached.

I had the same, stuck loading at 55%.

Support said: "Please rename the folder MissionEditor located here

C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor to any Temp name, then run DCS again"

FAQ to this

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/980/

I didn't rename this mission editor folder, I just deleted it. It will be built again by DCS.

Hope, it helps.

I didn't rename this mission editor folder, I just deleted it. It will be built again by DCS.

Note: the Mission Editor folder contains your log book; so includes your flight hours and any SP campaign progress.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Note: the Mission Editor folder contains your log book; so includes your flight hours and any SP campaign progress.

Yes, thanks, I know, but so far I had not much progress in performing any SP campaign. And I don't want to save this disaster . . .