The Hornet Release Day Anticipation Thread

FZG_Immel

Updating right now. Torrent has 7344.9 MB :pilotfly:

Edit: You just need to run the updater as administrator.

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A| Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W| Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS @5 GHz | CPU-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler | RAM: 32GB G.Skill F4-4133C17-8GTZR | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090 OC 24GB |SSD: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 1TB | Keyboard: Logitech G110 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Gaming Devices: Hotas WW Orion 2 Stick&Throttle, Thrustmaster MFD, Pimax Crystal, Stream Deck XL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol this is a first for me, I have never seen such demand for an early access module for a flight sim.

It's just a friggin module for pete's sake!

This is so ironic for ED, on the one hand the demand is through the roof and maximum profits will be made but on the other, a ton of ticked off users screaming mad that they can't download it yet because the servers are getting slammed as we speak.

My copy of the game is taunting me with this error.

"00000.011 STATUS: Connecting to update servers...

00000.868 INFO : Got reply from http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

00001.150 INFO : Got reply from srv9update.digitalcombatsimulator.com

00001.154 STATUS: Verifying cached version info...

00001.451 STATUS: Preparing to install FA-18C ...

00001.702 ERROR: Unknown module FA-18C

00003.878 === Log closed."

No, you are wrong. You are trying to install the Hornet in the previous version of the Open Beta. We are all awaiting the Open Beta update to install the Hornet.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

ITS HERE

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

My updater just started working. Preparing to torrent. Aaaand torrenting. 7.5GB. See you in the morning. o7

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Updating right now. Torrent has 7344.9 MB :pilotfly:

Edit: You just need to run the updater as administrator.

Same here, hope it's not slow 7301,3 MB maybe because i don't have some modules you have...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They only unlocked the Hornet in the Module Manager. Needs Open Beta update for DCS to recognize it, hence the error.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• ED Team

Don not try to update manually

this is a bad idea currently.

wait for official release.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Mine is updating via torrent, but slowly. Should I cancel?

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Mine still says it’s up to date

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Mine still says it’s up to date

Same here

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Dont you think we waited a loong time now? my pc runs now 20 hours wythout a brake.. do you think we suffered enough?

Why dont you all go cut the grass or make the wife a nice breakfast LOL,,, relax people

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

No, you are wrong. You are trying to install the Hornet in the previous version of the Open Beta. We are all awaiting the Open Beta update to install the Hornet.

Uh, I was wrong for loading up the client and following the instructions to include clicking on an ok box to install the hornet module from the module list?

Listen bud, I know full well the shortcomings ED's scripting routine. They should not allow the game client to mislead their user base by offering up an OK box that gives the impression that the hornet module is ready to install and is just a click away. This would be confusing to anyone that doesn't understand programming and scripting.

So no, I am not "Wrong" for highlighting their scripting errors.

Uh, I was wrong for loading up the client and following the instructions to include clicking on an ok box to install the hornet module from the module list?

Listen bud, I know full well the shortcomings ED's scripting routine. They should not allow the game client to mislead their user base by offering up an OK box that gives the impression that the hornet module is ready to install and is just a click away. This would be confusing to anyone that doesn't understand programming and scripting.

So no, I am not "Wrong" for highlighting their scripting errors.

people like you that ruins the experience for all of us.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]