The Hornet Release Day Anticipation Thread

FZG_Immel

To update DCS remove those lines from autoupdate.cfg in DCS folder:

"version": "2.5.2.17559.377",

"timestamp": "20180522-124622",

Then repair you DCS(Start->Eagle Dynamics->Repair OpenBeta)

You are my hero!

update.JPG.52eef898b4a2b0afa68129264480e24e.JPG

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how are you guys updating? says i'm up to date

I think we just pressed the button in a very narrow window. I'm down to 30k/s so it's definitely not playing nice yet.

bignewy I'm happy to cancel if it's causing a problem but I have to go to bed so I'd rather leave it up if possible.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Can someone post the Updater-Link where you can see the current versions please?

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

No official word from ED about the update problems and confusions and this is the release day of their biggest module? Nothing said while 100s of people are freaking out about the screwed up updater and module manager? Wow! Really makes me think! Great job ED!

I´d rather would like to know why there isnt just one official word from the developers or even Matt. I´m sure that these guys are watching the forums and seeing us running mad. Why is there no word on

A) when exactly the update will roll out and

B) what exactly will we have to do. It is the MOST anticipated release so a bit more Tact would be nice.

Cracking up some files in order to force the updater to work cant be the right way

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

While in the US Navy, I was stationed in an EA-6B Sqd. VAQ-131 Lancers. The new Smithsonian channel CARRIERS AT WAR shows my old sqd flying the new FA-18 Growler. I wonder if someone will make a version of the Growler. That would be cool.

It seems forcing the update installs 2.5.1. I'd advise waiting for the official update.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

See the number of connected users logged in it has surpassed NTTR release date :thumbup:

Off to the shops while waiting for the update to release. Think peaceful thoughts while we pass the time;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I´d rather would like to know why there isnt just one official word from the developers or even Matt. I´m sure that these guys are watching the forums and seeing us running mad. Why is there no word on

A) when exactly the update will roll out and

B) what exactly will we have to do. It is the MOST anticipated release so a bit more flair would be nice.

Cracking up some files in order to force the updater to work cant be the right way

Yeah they are leaving us completely in the dark right now. Really professional considering its their most anticipated launch.

It seems forcing the update installs 2.5.1. I'd advise waiting for the official update.

Source?

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

I’ve been DVR’ing that series the last 2 weeks - good stuff and a modern documentary

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64