The Hornet Release Day Anticipation Thread

FZG_Immel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If DCS has taught me anything, it is patience. Though I should really be getting to sleep in an hour I may need to stay up a bit longer and hopefully get a few minutes to fly it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

UH-1H - Mi-8 - SA342 - KA-50

F/A-18C - F-15C - F-5E - SU-27 - SU-33 - Hawk - M2000C - A-10C - A-10A - P-51 - NTTR - Normandy - Persian Gulf

i7 7700k 4.7Ghz - 32GBs G.Skills RGB 3200Mhz - ASUS STRIX Z270F -

ASUS GTX970 STRIX - LG 34UM64-P 34" 21:9 - Track IR - X55 & Saitek Pedals - CHPL training

I BUY planes because I don't know how to make them. I also know nothing about what it takes to offer one to the public. Therefore I wait patiently while they do the work. Picking apart ED now for anything is useless. Especially when one doesn't work there. (My 0.02)

Source?

A buddy started downloading, then canceled the download when he saw BIGNEWY's post. Then checked the downloads folder and it showed a 2.5.1 version number. But who knows, he might just be really incompetent..... :D

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

BigNewy says so :)

I've only seen one post from bignewy and it didn't say anything about 2.5.1?

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

I think hype is slowly changing to frustration and anger... :noexpression:

Yep, some words from the Dev´s would really be nice...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

A buddy started downloading, then canceled the download when he saw BIGNEWY's post. Then checked the downloads folder and it showed a 2.5.1 version number. But who knows, he might just be really incompetent..... :D

Checked on my own d/l and I have the same 2.5.1. Cancelled.

Guess I'm going to bed and will have to start the d/l again in the morning. Maybe I'll get to fly it Thursday night. sigh

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

keep kalm guys. obviously something went wrong

i am sure it will be fixed soon

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Please tell us, when it's finished, if you end up with THE BIRD or with 2.5.1 and a huge redownload.

check the autoupdate.cfg after you have started the manual process you will see that it shows version 2.5.1 so you can check yourself and dont have to take anyones word on it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Yep forcing definitely shows 2.5.1 in the logs, I'm waiting.

00024.892 STATUS: Preparing to torrent...

00024.893 INFO : 24 parts to fetch

00025.322 INFO : Added DCS-2.5.1.16978.363-A-10C.arch_x86_64-update-0.torrent: 13.2 MB

Please tell us, when it's finished, if you end up with THE BIRD or with 2.5.1 and a huge redownload.

My torrent folder showed 2.5.1 so I cancelled and I'm going to bed a little pissed off.

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Yep, some words from the Dev´s would really be nice...

Not sure about you, but I'd rather the devs be working on fixing whatever is wrong than answering questions about what is wrong.

What are they supposed to say though? All they can really tell us is that they're working on it and it'll be there when its ready.

Thats literally all I want to hear. The fact that there is a complete shitshow unfolding and they are not saying anything is completely retarded. Even just saying that would make me think "ok, at least they recognize the problem and are trying to fix it." But right now no one knows what the hell is going on at ED headquarters and they clearly are not making the effort to contact or console any of us so screw it. I'm off to NC later today and will return in a few days; hopefully when this shitstorm has blown over.

Btw, go ahead and make fun of me, bootlickers.

• ED Team

trying to force an update before officially getting word it is ready is never a good idea.

When ED are ready they will let us know

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is actually getting stupid now. Loads of posts with the module showing up and then people wondering why they cant get it, other people waiting for the update to the open beta and not getting it even though change logs have been posted and yet zero information from the producers? People being told not to manually force the update yet this is often required because the updater doesn't actually pick up the updates anyway......Its all a bit unprofessional really.

Wow. Some of these comments are proof of why im not a people person. Yall need to calm down. You're the same people that showed appreciation to ED 2 days ago. Show some patience, damn. smh

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

trying to force an update before officially getting word it is ready is never a good idea.

When ED are ready they will let us know

And for those of us that had the update find and start downloading an update, should we stop it? I didn't delete any files or anything, just ran the updater - some guidance would be much appreciated.

Thats literally all I want to hear. The fact that there is a complete shitshow unfolding and they are not saying anything is completely retarded. Even just saying that would make me think "ok, at least they recognize the problem and are trying to fix it." But right now no one knows what the hell is going on at ED headquarters and they clearly are not making the effort to contact or console any of us so screw it. I'm off to NC later today and will return in a few days; hopefully when this shitstorm has blown over.

Btw, go ahead and make fun of me, bootlickers.

Detecting high levels of entitlement.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now