The Hornet Release Day Anticipation Thread

FZG_Immel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Some of these comments are proof of why im not a people person. Yall need to calm down. You're the same people that showed appreciation to ED 2 days ago. Show some patience, damn. smh
My thoughts exactly. ED must have high tolerance for babies.

What are they supposed to say though? All they can really tell us is that they're working on it and it'll be there when its ready.

ehh...sorry, dont you see what happens here right now? There hasnt been an official announcement yet that we have access to the server and people are running mad and probably destroy their installation what might end up in a complete reinstall of the entire package and not just the 7GB. ED should have stated that in the update 1, but they remain silent even though people are uplaoding their downloadspeeds...that is so rediculous...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

This is actually getting stupid now. Loads of posts with the module showing up and then people wondering why they cant get it, other people waiting for the update to the open beta and not getting it even though change logs have been posted and yet zero information from the producers? People being told not to manually force the update yet this is often required because the updater doesn't actually pick up the updates anyway......Its all a bit unprofessional really.

It's not really....

Lots of posts exist telling people they need the update before installing the Hornet. Lots of posts exists saying that you need to wait for the release of the update.

The "manually force" that people were referring to are people trying to change file details to force an update to a version that doesn't exist yet.

Running the dcs updater.exe is not going to cause any problems and will pick up the update when it is ready.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Wow. Some of these comments are proof of why im not a people person. Yall need to calm down. You're the same people that showed appreciation to ED 2 days ago. Show some patience, damn. smh

Yup. You're right.

These nay-sayers are probably the same people who manage to get onto a respectable server and go crazy team killing until kicked.

I'm just happy that today is the day. ED will get it all sorted out in a bit.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Is that not what the changelog is supposed to tell us BigNewy, that the update is ready and what’s in it? If not then why release it before the update is ready. Doesn’t make sense in my head.

It has always been like that. Changelog first, then the update. Nothing new here.

Just be patient guys, it's not that hard. Everything will be fine in at the end of the day.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

trying to force an update before officially getting word it is ready is never a good idea.

When ED are ready they will let us know

By forcing an update do you mean using the supplied updater .exe after the release notes were posted and the module was alerted on the ingame store?

You guys knew full well people were F5ing the updater, and this warning only came after some of us had apparent success with the updater. Which as it turns out seems to be regressing our installs to a previous version.

I understand that release day issues happen, but blaming users for the problems that seem to be clearly related to an error in the release management process is a bit of a kick in the balls.

If the regression busted my install it's going to be Friday before I'm in the Hornet. Try and imagine how that feels.

Edited by ruprecht

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

I think ED should look at some kind of staggered release to avoid these massive server jam-ups. These are not good for anyone. Stagger release by date of purchase, country, time zone, or something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Pleas DO NOT use the update to openbeta function of THAT unofficial updater. It will return to 2.5.1 and overload the updater server!

Maybe a sticky thread, or making it huge and bold so it doesn't get lost in this thread might work a bit better.

My thoughts exactly. ED must have high tolerance for babies.

you mean paying customers ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

• ED Team

not blaming anyone.

Use the normal updater, don't try to force it using command prompt.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think ED should look at some kind of staggered release to avoid these massive server jam-ups. These are not good for anyone. Stagger release by date of purchase, country, time zone, or something.

Only if it's not America first ;)

No seriously, the Hornet is pretty special in this regard. Most other releases are much less anticipated and don't make such problems.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

By forcing an update do you mean using the supplied updater .exe after the release notes were posted?
No. He's referring to people who are updating to @openbeta or changing file details to try and force an update.

You guys knew full well people were F5ing the updater, and this warning only came after some of us had apparent success with the updater. Which as it turns out seems to be regressing our installs to a previous version.
You're wrong, it has been posted many times your post is useless and uninformed.

If the regression busted my install it's going to be Friday before I'm in the Hornet. Try and imagine how that feels.
This is only an issue due to user error, so if you borked your install then you only have yourself to blame.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

It's not really....

Lots of posts exist telling people they need the update before installing the Hornet. Lots of posts exists saying that you need to wait for the release of the update.

The "manually force" that people were referring to are people trying to change file details to force an update to a version that doesn't exist yet.

Running the dcs updater.exe is not going to cause any problems and will pick up the update when it is ready.

I've found that, even on release day for an update or a couple of days after, running DCS through "DCS Updater.exe" still will assume that I'm running the latest version when I'm on the version behind latest, I usually only found out when I flew with my old squadron, couldn't find their server and the first question was usually "what version are you on?" Because of that, I nomally run my updates through Command Prompt now, and that always updates whenever there is one, althought I've never needed to add "@openbeta" to it...

Edited by Crew Dog

FENRIR

No KC-10 in DCS? Thank goodness for small miracles!

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip

I get it guys. Blue Angels have become an epidemic. But if you're patient, and sweet, soon your Blue Angels will be flying right over your head. Being pushy is not the way my friends. Never is.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Well, its 1.18am here. And waiting for the update.

As it is, it'll probably be an 8gb download which will take me a good 10 hrs to download, let alone the actual hornet update.

So I'm here until the update arrives, or I fall asleep at the PC.