The Hornet Release Day Anticipation Thread

FZG_Immel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee I dont know? Maybe the past 30 pages of this thread????

:megalol: 15 posts since Sep 2015.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Honestly, reading the comments here might just be more entertaining than actually flying the hornet.

It'll be here soon™.

I think one thing to realize while some of you rapid fire post is that ED is most likely working hard to get it out the door (so to speak) and doesn't have time to answer every single impatient customer.

The change log has been posted, you know it is imminent. Just relax and wait for it to be ready.

I've found that, even on release day for an update or a couple of days after, running DCS through "DCS Updater.exe" still will assume that I'm running the latest version when I'm on the version behind latest, I usually only found out when I flew with my old squadron, couldn't find their server and the first question was usually "what version are you on?" Because of that, I nomally run my updates through Command Prompt now, and that always updates whenever there is one

I agree, I use the CLI as well and it always picks up the update when it is available.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

it will be ready soon.

00000%2B3EW1unxetso1_500.gif

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

It's scary how poorly some of you are handling what you perceive as a delay!

Hahaha +1

:megalol:

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

it will be ready soon.

Not ready yet.

:thumbup:

Thanks for the info, patiently awaiting.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

No. He's referring to people who are updating to @openbeta or changing file details to try and force an update.

This is only an issue due to user error, so if you borked your install then you only have yourself to blame.

Actually, this is complete bollocks.

The updater did not pick up an update with '@openbeta' for at least half a dozen times.. then, for whatever reason... err.. or should I say 'user error' on the part of the customer, the updater finally started to download a 7.7 gb update.

So, someone at ED, made the error, and released and old version under the '@openbeta' update.

Just logged in here to what looks like a large cohort of hysterical hornet fans who have been waiting all day for the release! I'll have to log in and see if she is ready for me!

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

My Hornet is busy installing. No update, just go to module manager and it's there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This will not work. It shows up in the modules ready to install but you need the update first.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can already see people crying on here and blaming ED because they broke their DCS and forced the download with the autoupdater.cfg modification.

So true...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You're wrong, it has been posted many times your post is useless and uninformed.

dcs_updater.exe is the tool supplied by ED for that very purpose. Here's the official thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

One of us is misinformed, I'm not certain it's me.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

• ED Team

ED are just finishing preparing all of the servers, there is no delay.

It is still the 30th last time I checked

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

dcs_updater.exe is the tool supplied by ED for that very purpose. Here's the official thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

One of us is misinformed, I'm not certain it's me.

You are misinformed. As has been said MANY TIMES, running the dcs updater is not the problem and is fine. It is when you are forcing it to open beta or changing file details to force an update to a version that doesn’t exist.

Try to keep up.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT