The Hornet Release Day Anticipation Thread

FZG_Immel

that's my cat, the OP cat in this thread reminded me of her a bit. She's the most loving cat I have had, more loyal than my rescue dog, she sits/sleeps on me almost every night, and is jealus when my girlfriend comes to stay, sticks to me like glue. We physically have to shut her out *at times*

Lovely!

Specs: Intel Core i7 8700k @5.0ghz | Asus Maximus X Hero | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb | Cooler Master ML240L RGB | Zotac 2060 Super AMP | Samsung 960 evo | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Modules: F/A-18C Hornet | A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier | BS2 | FC3 | NTTR

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talk to me goose..

check spin recovery is not set to bypass :P

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

Calm down son.

This is both a) the documented procedure and b) worked perfectly in the past. Bignewy's vague caution came after several of us had apparent success with the official update procedure.

Are you suggesting that the official updater regressing us to a previous version is expected behaviour?

You're aware of course that DCS does this behind the scenes the first time you launch it each day?

they had success downloading something...But What did they load? Probably a Gameversion that was already installed or somethings else, but surely not the required data.

I recommend to close this thread now, cats are derailing the thread and we all know now (thanks to people apart from ED) that download will be available soon.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Calm down son.

This is both a) the documented procedure and b) worked perfectly in the past. Bignewy's vague caution came after several of us had apparent success with the official update procedure.

Are you suggesting that the official updater regressing us to a previous version is expected behaviour?

You're aware of course that DCS does this behind the scenes the first time you launch it each day?

I am calm snowflake.

The documented procedure using the @openbeta was to switch between stable and open beta and not update open beta. If you had success, then you wouldn't have reverted your install - no?

You are aware that when it checks every day it does not add @openbeta on to it - no?

Why don't you simply acknowledge that you tried to get ahead by forcing the updater to update to a version that did not exist thus it is your fault.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I love how this turned from a raging mess into a cat thread :)

Specs: Intel Core i7 8700k @5.0ghz | Asus Maximus X Hero | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb | Cooler Master ML240L RGB | Zotac 2060 Super AMP | Samsung 960 evo | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Modules: F/A-18C Hornet | A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier | BS2 | FC3 | NTTR

they had success downloading something...But What did they load? Probably a Gameversion that was already installed or somethings else, but surely not the required data.

I recommend to close this thread now, cats are derailing the thread and we all know now (thanks to people apart from ED) that download will be available soon.

We detest your attempt at sanity.

Intel Core i7­6700K, 32GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD + 2TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Pimax 5k+

RIP to those in the UK and Europe that took the day off work to play with the Hornet.

Yeah. That was us lot. Had 40 odd.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gumbo's Flying Circus - Visit Twitch to Watch!

PC Specs: 2700x @ 4Ghz, 32Gb 3200 DDR4, 8GB Palit RTX 2080, Intel SSD7 NvMe, Samsung 860 Evo SSD, AOC G2460PF 144hz 1ms 1080p Freesync monitor, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackHat :pilotfly:

Snowflake!!!! LOOOOOOOOOL :megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

Sorry, I could not resist.

You shouldnt talk like that to people, seriously.

If he is going to call me son, then he is a snowflake. I give the same level of respect that I receive.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

And waht about the quick start guide, that could calm many people down. :)

DCS Flaming Cliffs 3, DCS Combined Arms, DCS F-5E Tiger II, DCS Ka-50, DCS F/A 18C Hornet,DCS A-10C Warthog,DCS AV-8B Harrier

Wishlist: DCS F-16 Falcon

Intel Core I7-6700K OC 4.7GHZ, Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198294329153/

Well...Came home for lunch to start the DL...all I got was lunch...and Cats? Geeeze...

Last Cat I had was in a Taco on the Strand in Venice Beach. Tasted really bad...I knew something was wrong when I looked at the striations in the meat. So I gave it to my Basenji who was walking with me.

He would not eat it either.

Basenji (barkless) is very cat-like...close as I'll ever get to one. I'd rather hear a yodel...than a Meee...Owww.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Another Cat

156876.jpg

A catamaran

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...