Coastline Flickering Revisited

Invisibull

Hi All,

I've posted about this before but have yet to get any sort of help or additional understanding of the problem.

In all maps with water, both stable and open beta versions, I'm consistently getting a shadow flicker along the shoreline for most every body of water. In the smaller lakes, the entire body of water flickers for me. I've asked around and others have noticed this as well, but also haven't been able to sort it out.

I've tried deleting the metashader and fxo folders and letting them rebuild, and have tried just about every combination of video settings i can think of. I'm at the point where I'd be appreciative if someone could just explain that it's a known issue that's being worked on.

thx,

Bull

Update: Seems the effect goes away if i lower the water setting to medium and turn off cockpit illumination. Any additional info about this would be appreciated. I'd very much like to have water set high as CVW-22 begins full carrier ops.

Edited by Invisibull
update

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

I have noticed the same - also, flying in the Ka-50 today, I noticed something similar, so just a thought:

in Caucasus, flying over lightly colored fields the cockpit goes lighter, over darker colored fields, the cockpit is rendered slightly darker.

When flying from the lightly colored beach over the dark water, that effect becomes quite pronounced - and if the program can't quite decide which to choose as you go along the coast, you get the flicker.

No hard data, just my thoughts when observing this...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Re-reading your post, I think you mean something different from what I noticed so never mind...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

When using the high water setting, there are flashing artifacts all along the shoreline, but a medium water setting removes any sense that I'm flying over water in most cases (no whitecaps and inky black color). I'd really appreciate any ideas to remedy this.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

• 2 months later...

I’ve noticed when by the sea, that the terrain flashes to reveal a momentary desert terrain. Not sure if it happens on all maps but definitely on normandy

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,