ELINT Map Information Sharing?

Esper

Hi,

Are their any tools to make use of the data gathered during a recon flight both in-game and out of game?

Also, more for the devs :

Are there plans in the future to facilitate the use of the ELINT data we can gather?

Something like the ability to get the information on the F10 maps (with the zone marked between SW/NE coordinates), so you can share it with your team in MP for exemple.

Right now you are suppose to get the information in the kneepad map, but it is really hard to read properly and thus gets quite useless (in my opinion) in this format,

and manually maping the entire box formed with the information on the F10 map by hand is tedious.

Edited by Esper

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A

ELINT Map Information Sharing?

The ELINT-data is saved to your Saved Games-folder under DCS_AJS37\ELINTData.info. From this you could either manually or through some app copy the coordinates to \DCS_AJS37\CustomCartridge.ini for loading in the mission.

See

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=74365&share_tid=199206&share_pid=3346749&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Fp%3D3346749&share_type=t

Edit: Missing in the description is the instruction to select cartridge number 7 to load the one in saved games.

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Thanks for the answer about the ''out of game'' ELINT-data... The F-10 map would allow us to use way more efficiently the ELINT capabilities of the Viggen. Is there a possibility to implement such a functionality ?

Thanks

Sounds a bit like cheating...

Thanks for the answer about the ''out of game'' ELINT-data... The F-10 map would allow us to use way more efficiently the ELINT capabilities of the Viggen. Is there a possibility to implement such a functionality ?

Thanks

I don’t think so

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

I think the most realistic way is to only update ELINK data when:

* Standing still on ground, preferably in close vicinity to friendly service station

* Canopy is open

* Casette has been taken out

Though I am not sure how data is extracted, maybe it is possible to get the data on the fly while in air...

• 2 weeks later...
I don’t think so

Ragnar, are you sure about this?

Even as a player you can place marks on the F10 map. I would be surprised if you could not with the SDK. And since DCS 2.5.1 there are new events triggered when a mark has been added, changed or removed.

This sounds like a small feature at first glance but it opens a lot of doors for dynamic mission design. In particular for reconnaissance missions.

Here is just one example of what is possible now

I used the Viggen for a reason in the video ;)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I would prefer they fix the remaining bugs first before thinking about new features.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I would prefer they fix the remaining bugs first before thinking about new features.

I'm sure HB have a reasonable way to prioritize things. And no one asked that this should be on top of the list. So this comment is quite unnecessary.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

As far as I can tell you could add four mark points and enter the frequency of the emitter on F10. I believe the accuracy changes over time though so it's a lot of deleting and recreating and would look pretty messy but easily possible.

Probably outside of scope for RagnarDa now.

I think I'd opt for an external app though, myself so you could get a drawing over lay. The ideal cheap external app would be Google Earth and kmz file output, pretty much how the Combat Flite dev is aiming to do, so just needs a parse the points on the saved games output and interface with the Google API for it (which I've never looked at but is widely popular).

Now if ED gave us more drawing tools for F10 and expanded it, it might be a completely different story for seeing it in game and drawn.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Btw, emitter positions are already supposed to be marked on the kneeboard map:

If you scroll back on the kneeboard you'll see that the emitters estimated positions are marked on the map.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Btw, emitter positions are already supposed to be marked on the kneeboard map:

Yes, that's right. But this is a graphic and the information displayed is not usable for post processing unfortunately.