How does mission scoring work?

I completed mission 1 and 2 so far and am liking this campaign. I do have a question though on how the mission scoring works at the end.

On mission 1 we blew up the target bridge and performed the recce but didn't destroy any other targets as I was still getting used to things. When we landed and completed the mission I got 100% success but a score of 0.

For the second mission we blew up the primary target and all of the artillery in the field. Then on the recce we killed three whole columns of utility vehicles on the roads before returning to base. When we landed my final score was 3. Did I get a 3 because we killed three groups of units besides the primary?

The scoring seems different than the A10C Georgian Hammer campaign I am also playing now where the scores are usually in the 150-250 range.

Yeah, I saw that in the documentation which is why I didn't think much of it on mission 1 when I got a score of zero. But then on mission two I got a score of 3 so it seems like it is adding something.

I do have a question though on how the mission scoring works at the end.

Best I can explain it, is the SCORING is an intrinsic reward for shooting any plane or unit in the mission that is determined by the DCS game engine itself (You don't specificallly set it on a mission by mission basis). The RESULT is more of a how much of the mission plan you actually followed and achieved (Primary and Secondary targets) as designed by the mission creator.

ie: Mission priorities are:

1. PRIMARY - Take out a flight of (4) planes and bomb a bridge
  2. SECONDARY - Strafe any ground targets (5) that present themselves

RESULTS POINTS set by author:

1. 50 for joining the fight.
  2. 20 for taking out flight of 4 planes
  3. 20 for destruction of bridge
  4. 10 for damaging some ground vehicles.
  5. Total RESULT of 100 for completion of missions designed priorities.

DCS default SCORE for killing units (Not sure on actual):

1. Taking out flight of 4 planes (4 x 5 points) = 20
  2. Bombing bridge (None as not classed as a unit) = 0
  3. Strafing ground targets (1 or 2 points each) = 5 to 10
  4. Total SCORE of 25 to 30

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.