Apllying textures on new models

A friend of mine (i'm writing here for him since he doesn't speak english) is working on a 3d model for lock on, the MB339 and he needs some hints.

The work is still not close to completition, anyway he wanted to try to put it in lock on and see how it looks like ingame. He managed to show the model ingame, even with some animation (overwritten the Su-33 model for testing) but now he's having a problem in applying the BMP textures on the model. We tried yesterday night to mess up with .skin file but probably there's something missing in the model. There'se somewhere a tutorial/reference on how apply textures for the models?

Thanks in advance. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Strike got it sorted out some day ago. Now we're facing another problem, getting to work more than one skin on the model.

We've created two different bitmaps, placed them in temptexture and created a skin file. Everything seems to be ok but it still loads only the first skin, the one that has the bmp defined in the .lom file.

The first entry that must be pointed out in the .skins file is the material that is assigned in 3ds or i am missing something?

Argument 70 is defined in the .skins file but also should something be defined in 3ds about it?

Really, i'm not figuring what we are missing now... :doh:

Thanks in advance. :)