Update problem need help

N19

Hi all

After finishing D/L and unpaking, dcs wont start because dcs.exe and all the files in the same directory exept for dcs_updater.exe where deleted. So I ran repair and when it was finish it took me back to version 2.5.0

All my modules where gone and only caucasus and Nevada where there but not the persian gulf map.

If I force repair the same files well be deleted and dcs cannot run, and after repair I get version 2.5.0

Thanks for the help

• ED Team

Hi it sounds like the repair has taken you back to release version but to be sure attach your dcs.log and autoupdate_log.txt

ensure you are running the open beta

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

00000.023 INFO : No config file.

Did you delete the Auto_Update.cfg file in an attempt to download the Open Beta this morning?

Doing so has reset DCS Back to a Vanilla state, the Updater see's no CFG File to Tell it your Install is supposed to be OpenBeta, so it deletes everything and downloads the latest release version.

You Need to Change your install back to Open Beta and download the Latest Version.

Run from CMD Prompt:

DCS_Updater.exe update 2.5.2@openbeta

DCS.LOG is in the /Saved Games/<DCS INSTALL>/Logs/

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Did you delete the Auto_Update.cfg file in an attempt to download the Open Beta this morning?

Yes I did.

I ran the command and it is downloading now. I well wait and see.

Many thanks for the quick reply

I installed the update and now the game opens up in a smaller window (ie not full screen) i see the DCS logo with 2.5.2. but then the screen goes dark

I tried: DCS_Updater.exe update 2.5.2@openbeta but no beuano! i found the dcs.exe in the bin folder.

Edited by rfboyle3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh there are no fighter pilots down in hell,

The place is full of queers, navigators, bombardiers,

but there are no fighter pilots down in hell!