Gazelle Minigun

check your weapon loading options while in game? i havent tried yet but maybe you just have to load them on like you would a rocket pod. thats how it is for the huey...

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

You need to be in the open beta, it became available in a previous update of OB

It's worth it just to get the Minigun version,..:music_whistling:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

You need to be in the open beta, it became available in a previous update of OB

It's worth it just to get the Minigun version,..:music_whistling:

Coupled with TrackIR for aiming, it makes for a rather unique experience, really quite jolly.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Coupled with TrackIR for aiming, it makes for a rather unique experience, really quite jolly.

No way it's VR for me. :D

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I have a mission with all Variants of the Gazelle in it.

I have just checked it in the ME where everything LOOKS proper for the Minigun version.

And yet I spawn into a usual "L" variant with the regular cannon and missile tubes (Empty).

There is NO Minigun Model in the current Update of DCS.

Furthermore Polychop ... PLEASE FIX the freaking SnapView Saves.

I am so sick and tired of modifying/customizing my Default View/Head Position/Seat Position (whatever you want to call it) every single time I jump into a cockpit. It is super frustrating.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I don't know what's up with that ?

This mission which includes the Minigun variant used to work fine.

I double checked that everything wanted is selected including the correct loadout, I have the "named aircraft" in the list of slots, but when I jump in the cockpit, I'm in an L model.

I guess I need to create a fresh mission with this model by itself.

If that works as it should, then my mission got corrupted somehow since just a few days ago. If I can get it to work as described, I'll first try to delete the model from my original mission and re-create the slot to see if that corrects the issue for me.

Thanks for the reply SUNTSAG

PS> I just remembered that I have been flying in the Stable Version of DCS, and only "Updated" to OpenBeta yesterday using the Updater to overwrite the stable version (due to SSD size restrictions).

So as mentioned above, but without starting a new mission, I just Deleted the original Minigun version and planted a new one and set it up.

That worked great.

So the Minigun version is working. It was just My Mission that somehow got corrupted ... but is now fixed and working properly again. Woohoo !

Now if only we could get Mouse Aiming for the minigun position. OR did I miss that in an update too ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everybody

First I want to thanks all of you for your answer

Next, I want to apologize for checking answer this late I was busy at work.

I have contacted polychop and as FragBum said, minigun is for now only available on dcs open beta.

But in order to consolate me I had the chance of seeing one real gazelle minigun :l trust me she's really badass! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like the Gaz Minigun and enjoy flying around in it but I do wish for two things:

1. Make aiming similar to the door guns in the Huey, where the gun shoots in the middle of the screen so you can zoom in and still hit stuff (especially when pressing right_shift-t). In the Gaz, it shoots anywhere but where I look so I always have to walk in targets. Unlike the Huey it actually has a sight installed but I can't use it.

2. AI for the minigun like in the Huey but I doubt that will come, unfortunately...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

2. AI for the minigun like in the Huey but I doubt that will come, unfortunately...

Yeah, that would be awesome! Luckily this module has a better autopilot than the Huey so putting the AP into the alt hold mode, switching to the gunner position and shooting while steering the helicopter with the cyclic and pedals works reasonably. Luckily this is just a game so I don't kill myself and two more guys upsetting their now-orphans while winning the Darwin award :music_whistling: .

What I miss more is the fact I don't know how much ammo is left for the minigun.

Sorry you don't get nominated for a Darwin Award if you take out others it's only if you successfully remove your self form the gene pool. :P :thumbup:

Rules are rules,.. :D

:thumbup: :D

Yeah, that would be awesome! Luckily this module has a better autopilot than the Huey so putting the AP into the alt hold mode, switching to the gunner position and shooting while steering the helicopter with the cyclic and pedals works reasonably. Luckily this is just a game so I don't kill myself and two more guys upsetting their now-orphans while winning the Darwin award :music_whistling: .

What I miss more is the fact I don't know how much ammo is left for the minigun.

For what it's worth, having gunned on a M134 in real life, you don't know on the rap deal either! It's sort of an educated guess based on how long you've held the boom switch...

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Someone posted back up earlier - use the mouse. Is this an option for minigun aim, as headtracking aim sucks?
When going to minigun seat [3] disable headtracking (i.e. TrackIR) and hit [LALT + C].

When leaving, enable headtracking.

The [LALT + C] can be activated in beforehand and only ones without issues I believe. I have a button on the mouse for TrackIR disabel/enable.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5