F/A-18C Kneeboard

Devrim

Just to add to my post above. I've added 'Kneeboard\FA-18C_hornet' folders to my old DCS folder and now kneeboard shows custom images. Go figure... Still missing any kind of kneeboard images on pilot's body.

Not it's not. Did you update your DCS from a different branch to OpenBeta using the updater? This won't change the name of the folder. In that case you probably need to use the same name than your DCS installation uses. Note that a clean install of OpenBeta will install to "DCS World OpenBeta" and as such "DCS.openbeta" is the correct folder for "Saved Games".

Also note that the images should be in a format recognized by DCS. I'm not sure of the restrictions. I am using 768x1024 PNG files without transparency, works like a charm.

TNYhhNO.png

Hmmm. So when 2.5 was coming out, I chose the upgrade path - ie upgrade 1.5 to 2.5 (ED was saying it will save on a large download). After that, at some point (and I do not remember now why), I've 'upgraded' to open beta using DCS installer... I wonder if this mix up of folders will be causing a problem for me down the road.

How does kneeboard looks like on pilot body for you? Here is mine showing missing textures.

Screen_180603_111504.thumb.png.2e38935c00fe6b983bbffc8c7f8a4824.png

Edited by mx22

Where are these files available?

Thanks

One of the first hits when googling "DCS F-18 checklist":

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300643/

I edited them a bit though:

F-18 checklist.zip

Still a lot to do. In particular the order of some items and the numbers for the carrier pattern. And I need to further narrow down whats really necessary from a cold start (red brackets). But it's a nice base to start with.

Edited by Zabuza

Definitely I do not work, I tried all the options already mentioned in the post and I can not see the image on the pilot's leg

It doesn't display on the pilots leg. The information is displayed when you bind a key to "kneeboard" in the controls. Very handy tool.

If you need more info I will be more than happy to help.

Some help please?

I can not make it work

Adrian_gc,

Check the update 1.1 of the Quickchecklist. The instructions were improved and it is easier to set it up.

Count on me to help you.

All the best,

Sydy

so it is possible to put the checklist onto the pilot's leg?

I had seen that image that Adrian_gc had linked, but wasn't able to ask the original poster, as it was in a no discussion thread. i had assumed that it was probably a piece of clever photoshoppery, but you now have me wondering

Adrian_gc,

Check the update 1.1 of the Quickchecklist. The instructions were improved and it is easier to set it up.

Count on me to help you.

All the best,

Sydy

Hi Sydy, thanks for the Help...i followed the instructions and in principle I do not see that they work in the pilot's body. it only works on the kneeboard by pressing RShift + K.

Do you see the Check list of the F-18 in the Kneeboard in the body pilot?

Instructions:

Extract this inside of "C:\Users"your name"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta"...........OK

Check if the files are in the "C:\Users"your name"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\FA-18C_hornet" folder.............OK

so it is possible to put the checklist onto the pilot's leg?

I had seen that image that Adrian_gc had linked, but wasn't able to ask the original poster, as it was in a no discussion thread. i had assumed that it was probably a piece of clever photoshoppery, but you now have me wondering

In truth I would tell you that it would be great for VR, but I am starting to believe that it is Photoshop!

Hi Sydy, thanks for the Help...i followed the instructions and in principle I do not see that they work in the pilot's body. it only works on the kneeboard by pressing RShift + K.

Do you see the Check list of the F-18 in the Kneeboard in the body pilot?

Instructions:

Extract this inside of "C:\Users"your name"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta"...........OK

Check if the files are in the "C:\Users"your name"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\FA-18C_hornet" folder.............OK

Hi Adrian,

It was supposed to work both in the kneeboard and in the pilot’s leg. I will check tomorrow and come back to tell you.

All the best,

Sydy

i would also like to know how one gets custom images on the pilots actual leg, and if its not an option and this picture is some sort of Photoshop wizardry, it would be nice if EA added such an option for us.

attachment.php?attachmentid=186416&d=1528027106

Edited by Growling Sidewinder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

In all honestly, I don't think this particular page will work very well in VR. Given the resolution and size of kneepad, I don't think it will be readable at a glance. And if I have to zoom on it, I might as well bring the keyboard up...

So I'm scratching my head... I've created the following folder:

C:\Users\USER_NAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\FA-18C_hornet

But still do not see custom kneeboard pages with Shift+k; only default maps. It also looks like pilot body kneeboard is not working at all.

Same here! I've created the same folder structure to put the files in, but it hasn't worked.

Edited by elchacal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]