[FIXED FOR NEXT UPDATE] Radar and tracking

DarksydeRob

Similar issue just now on the 104th, low level high closure rate the WACQ mode was showing the target 30 degrees left and down when actually the Flanker was sat right on my nose, and even turning into where the symbology showed the Flanker to be (which was actually beneath the ground) the symbology was still showing ~30 degrees regardless of turn rate.
Havent seen that myself. Could it be a MP related issue caused by high ping?

For the moment i see AI targets where they are, its just that radar lock is broken for some seconds and the radar tries to reacquire the target.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Similar issue just now on the 104th, low level high closure rate the WACQ mode was showing the target 30 degrees left and down when actually the Flanker was sat right on my nose, and even turning into where the symbology showed the Flanker to be (which was actually beneath the ground) the symbology was still showing ~30 degrees regardless of turn rate.

Just curious: how close was the Flanker when it showed 30 off on your scope?

Just curious: how close was the Flanker when it showed 30 off on your scope?

Around 3nm, running hot about on my 1 o'clock

edit: could well have been a ping issue, 104th for my rural UK internet sits about 200ms

Edited by Rammit

"If the MWS didn't see it, it didn't happen"

Radar too easily losing contacts - fixed.

Tried to lock a Hawkeye, all OK. At ~5nm and slightly above (he was well between the 0° and -5° pitch lines), I banked from 0° to ~60ish to the side he was going to, lock lost instantly... and he wasn't 90° to me, in that case I would have said he just notched me. I guess it's not "that" fixed yet, STT still is unstable pinkiepieexcited.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I see improvements with ACM modes including Vertical scan. It will pick up a target above your HUD.

I also noticed STT holding steady when I set my RWS can to 6 bar/80deg. Every time I locked a non-maneuvering or mildly maneuvering target 10 ~ 20 nm away regardless of aspect the lock didn't break. I was doing rolls and pirouettes and still maintained lock. I still need some more time to play around (today I'm drunk :/ j/k) but it looks like there is a method to this madness. :)

My STT is hopping between targets much more than before patch. Lock time and retention while maneuvering are much improved, however... so IMO, that's a net improvement, bu stt hopping is a major issue in a furball.

Gun pipper jumps around a TON (especially in multiplayer)... so much so, i don't even bother locking up targets... the funnel is much better. Not sure if working as intended, or WIP as well... or both?

Edited by Banzaiib

[ATTACH]189279[/ATTACH]

Please also note that the STT velocity 'pole' and velocity closure are contradictory. The HUD Vc indicates that the bandit is coming towards me (which it was), however, the STT target pole indicates that it is going away, as does the arrow at 11 o'clock on the bore-sight circle.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

• 2 months later...

Spend two days testing.

- Radar have HUGE difficulty to see aircraft crancking and dont see aircraft notching. No matter if you're using the HI or MED pulse frequency. Only way to try to barely see it is to have a quick scan refresh, so no more than 40° azimuth and 2B. Whats mean that you already know where is the targett, in other term, impossible to scan the sky.

- If you're on STT on a target that go in a cranck or notch, contact will drop then required non stop, impossible to do a proper FOX1 and difficult to FOX3 if you shoot before the pibull. If you're tracking an aircraft with some others flying arround, as the radar try to reacquire around the last position it will jump between all the contact in this zone.

- In ACM, Vertical, WACQ are completly blind, boresight is almost blind. Been following aircraft maneuvring during minutes, placing them inside the HUD symbol, impossible to lock anything.

- For RWS, STT and ACM, seems that asap the contact is moving maneuvring, lock is impossible and or very difficult.

- Im not sure yet, need to test more to compare, but looks like the RADAR have huge to lock Su and Mig. Much more than locking other FA18C and F15C.

No way to do Pvp with it, and even PvE is really difficult.

Edited by Pâte

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]