Carrier Launch after trapping?

GlidingWolf

So I just started flying the F/A-18C...

I did my first carrier landings...

But how do I take off again after landing?

I taxied to the catapult, lowered the launchbar, but how do I couple the launchbar to the catapult and raise the blast deflectors?

Do I need to press a key or something? :smartass:

So to understand the cat procedure you land taxi to the cat and drop launch bar then press U to fire the cat?

You can leave launch bar switch in retracted position. Pressing U will extend it automatically without affecting the switch. Not sure if IRL procedure can be the same.

With it trimmed correctly, you will not need to touch the stick at all during launch, it'll have nose up bias, take the stick again once the nose has settled.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

If I drove too far in the pitch, is there any possibility to go back, hence I did the mistake and forgot to press U and checking that the protection walls where up, so I did full afterburner a couple of meters. Turning around did not goe so well. :D

Nope just drive up and hit U. Flaps half, full throttle and grab both handles top of canopy (hands off stick).

Don't be zoomed in on the HUD...a wider FOV gives a more impressive perceptual speed on launch :)

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

I also have been having trouble with this... but got it working... I still cant place why sometimes it works and some times it doesn´t... I believe the "palce" to be to engage the trap is very small and precise.

Also, is everybody else floating and skidding all over the deck?

Good fun triying to tame the beast....

me and my mates playing MP last night have connected within at least 1 meter of the trap easily, it seems to have a good capture arc, you do need to be straight to it though, also make sure you are in HI NSW steer mode as it helps turning on the deck.

Hi

I can’t hook the plane to the cat after landing and rearming on the carrier, I Think it started after the last update. Aldo pressning U dose nothing now, anyone else with the same problem.

Hi

I can’t hook the plane to the cat after landing and rearming on the carrier, I Think it started after the last update. Aldo pressning U dose nothing now, anyone else with the same problem.

Have you remembered to lower the launch bar?

My technique is way simpler.

After cable catch, I will aim couple of degrees right, full AB, and it's enough to get back in the air with full flaps :D

Probably not a valid NATO procedure (:D), but if you wanna catch catch catch, that's way quicker :)

Move to one of the catapults 1,2 or 3 (4 seems not to work, at least for me). Use NWS HI to align properly with the catapult.

Since we have no marshallers, use F2 view or have a buddy talk you near and in FRONT of the launcher (overshooting means you have to turn around and position again).

Now in position, lower the launch bar (green light shows) and then press 'U' to have you hooked up. (Plane rocks a bit and moves in position).

Do before start checklist (launch bar switch to retract, flaps set, AoA set to 16° etc. (on first launch this is done by the FCS, subsequent launches you may need to set it manually).

Now you are ready to go. Set throttle forward lift the fingerlifts (should be '0' on the keyboard as default, or map 'fingerlifts (both)' to the HOTAS, to enable afterburner on deck!

Depending on weight you may end up in the pond without afterburner at launch.

That should be everything to get a proper re-launch after landing.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Move to one of the catapults 1,2 or 3 (4 seems not to work, at least for me). Use NWS HI to align properly with the catapult.

Since we have no marshallers, use F2 view or have a buddy talk you near and in FRONT of the launcher (overshooting means you have to turn around and position again).

Now in position, lower the launch bar (green light shows) and then press 'U' to have you hooked up. (Plane rocks a bit and moves in position).

Do before start checklist (launch bar switch to retract, flaps set, AoA set to 16° etc. (on first launch this is done by the FCS, subsequent launches you may need to set it manually).

Now you are ready to go. Set throttle forward lift the fingerlifts (should be '0' on the keyboard as default, or map 'fingerlifts (both)' to the HOTAS, to enable afterburner on deck!

Depending on weight you may end up in the pond without afterburner at launch.

That should be everything to get a proper re-launch after landing.

Aha ok, I thougt pressing U lowerd the lunch bar. Did it change in the last update?

Anyways it works now so thank u all

Aha ok, I thougt pressing U lowerd the lunch bar. Did it change in the last update?

Anyways it works now so thank u all

No, the Launch bar is separate. 'U' advises the crew to connect the launch bar to the shuttle.

What I forgot at the beginning, after the launch bar is connected to the shuttle, you should put the switch into the 'retract' position.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

It did indeed change with the last update. Real world procedures require the launch bar switch to be placed back in the up position after you have been engaged in the shuttle.

If you don't remember, it is reset anyway.

Yep, but I noticed a red warning light flashing shortly when retracting the gear, so I had a look what is behind that, figured you should set the launch bar back.

I am not sure how the damage modeling will advance, so I decided to stick to the checklist, just in case there will be trouble modeled in the future. :)

Shagrat