Sharing an X52 Profile for F/A-18C

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my X52 profile for the Hornet.

Note that this has been configured directly for DCS (ie. no SST SW profile included/needed, but you will need the SST SW to enable the PINKIE switch as a button in DCS as explained below).

I haven't had to transfer DCS profiles between PCs before, but I believe the below should work. If it doesn't, hopefully someone with a better understanding will assist.

Prerequisites :

- for DCS to recognize the PINKIE as a button, we need to remove the shift states in the SST SW:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=83215

- for DCS to recognize the clutch buttion ("i" button), we have to enable as a actual button, and not as a shift state as follows :

Control Panel->Devices and Printers-> Right-click X52-> Game controller settings->select X52 and click Preferences->MFD Tab->Remove the tick at ENABLE CLUTCH MODE->click Ok-

- you will also need to add the Pinkie Switch as a modifier in DCS, as follows (please name the modifier as "PINKIE" in order for my profile to recognize it):

DCS Controls > Click the "Modifiers" button at the bottom left > Click the "Add" box

> Under "Device Name" choose the X52 HOTAS

> Click the Pinkie for it to be recognized as a modifier

> Change the "Modifier Button Name" to "PINKIE"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3183147

Hope this works :doh:

564865918_DCSFA-18CX52Profile.thumb.gif.7088d1e89980c89c20788b45ec89f0b7.gif

DCS FA-18C X52 Profile.diff.lua

Thanks so much for sharing.

I would try this on my Hotas

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Where exactly do you put the file .lua? Will it work with an X52 Pro?

I'm not sure if it will work with an X52 Pro but this is where the .lua file needs to go:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick

I have the strong feeling that the lau file which is the key binding generated file should work but definitely not the profile pr0 from the Logitech software.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

One more quick question, I think...... Does a single lua file contain all the bindings for all the aircraft you have installed, or are there multiple lua files, one for each aircraft. Thanks....

Every aircraft has its own keybindng lau file

Does your LUA file allow for the TDC cursor to be used? I still cant get it to work for me. I cannot move the TDC to lock on to anything at the moment.
Yes, PoV hat 3 is configured as the throttle designator, and the scroll wheel depress to lock.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yes, PoV hat 3 is configured as the throttle designator, and the scroll wheel depress to lock.

Hello Jaxx_za

I used your setup as base to customize my x52 and is working very well. I find key binding setup a daunting process, for that reason, Plan is to get Hotas that has close resemblance to the real life Hotas in functionality and design. So thanks for that effort and saving me all that trouble.

I am trying to get precision slide and the rotary dials to work but no luck. Even when you bind them in the STT software, they do get recognize in dcs control.

Should one forget about the possibility of this and make do with what we have now.

Thanks once again.

Hello Jaxx_za

I used your setup as base to customize my x52 and is working very well. I find key binding setup a daunting process, for that reason, Plan is to get Hotas that has close resemblance to the real life Hotas in functionality and design. So thanks for that effort and saving me all that trouble.

I am trying to get precision slide and the rotary dials to work but no luck. Even when you bind them in the STT software, they do get recognize in dcs control.

Should one forget about the possibility of this and make do with what we have now.

Thanks once again.

Hi,

I'm no expert, but it depends on what you are trying to bind the axes as...

If you are trying to assign as an axis in DCs, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't work ( that is, you click on assign axis, and then move the slider or rotary to assign).

If on the other hand you are trying to assign to a button, then you would need the SST SW to output a keypress based on the slider / rotary position, and then assign that keypress in DCS.

Perhaps share what you are trying to assign to the axes ?

Hi,

I'm no expert, but it depends on what you are trying to bind the axes as...

If you are trying to assign as an axis in DCs, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't work ( that is, you click on assign axis, and then move the slider or rotary to assign).

If on the other hand you are trying to assign to a button, then you would need the SST SW to output a keypress based on the slider / rotary position, and then assign that keypress in DCS.

Perhaps share what you are trying to assign to the axes ?

Okay. I will give it a shot. Thanks again

[...]

[...]

Thanks for sharing to both of you, I´ve added your Profiles to the ED Wiki

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Ty for sharing! Nice profile!

But i cannot get the mouse wheel scroll to work? Only if I create a profile for the Saitek x52 in the saitek programming software. But when the mouse whell work, the pinkie doesnt work.

Can anyone tell the reason for this?

Acually I can get both the pinkie and the mouse wheel to work if I have the saitek profile applied and i go to "Control Panel->Devices and Printers-> Right-click X52-> Game controller settings->select X52 and click Preferences" i just have to keep the window that pops up open in the background while ingame then everything works??

There must be an explanation for this?

Thanks jaxx. I used this as a base. I restored the POV because I like to look around without moving my hand, and it was strange that the diagonal POV presses were still set. I will use keyboard or DDI to switch between weapons. But awesome for sharing, saved us all some time.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to get the Mode selector knob to act as a modifier?

I'm trying to create a profile that does takeoff and landing for mode 1 (green) waypoint navigation and refuelling mode 2 (orange) and ACM mode 3 (red) and even though I set the modes as modifiers it didn't work.

I tried binding them in DCS but they bind as modifier in the way that rotating into mode 1 just triggers mode 1 as a modifier but doesn't, for lack of a better description, hold it in place or hold it down like you would hold down ALT as a modifier to the "F" key.... This really sucks because it pretty much renders this mode knob useless.

Not interested in using the Saitek or Logitech software to accomplish this because all it does is screw everything up. Been there, tried it and I play other games so not interested in going through the hassle of using it. Trust me I have tried so spare me the "you just don't know how to use it" comments lol.

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

• 1 month later...

x52 file has no effect - no mappings?

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my X52 profile for the Hornet.

Note that this has been configured directly for DCS (ie. no SST SW profile included/needed, but you will need the SST SW to enable the PINKIE switch as a button in DCS as explained below).

I haven't had to transfer DCS profiles between PCs before, but I believe the below should work. If it doesn't, hopefully someone with a better understanding will assist.

Prerequisites :

- for DCS to recognize the PINKIE as a button, we need to remove the shift states in the SST SW:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=83215

- for DCS to recognize the clutch buttion ("i" button), we have to enable as a actual button, and not as a shift state as follows :

Control Panel->Devices and Printers-> Right-click X52-> Game controller settings->select X52 and click Preferences->MFD Tab->Remove the tick at ENABLE CLUTCH MODE->click Ok-

- you will also need to add the Pinkie Switch as a modifier in DCS, as follows (please name the modifier as "PINKIE" in order for my profile to recognize it):

DCS Controls > Click the "Modifiers" button at the bottom left > Click the "Add" box

> Under "Device Name" choose the X52 HOTAS

> Click the Pinkie for it to be recognized as a modifier

> Change the "Modifier Button Name" to "PINKIE"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3183147

Hope this works :doh:

Hi,

I've tried using the above lua.diff file, and it doesn't seem to have any effect. It loads without errors, but no mappings? I've checked I'm in sim mode, not game mode. I've got the latest s/w version, but nothing.

Using an X-52 (not pro). I have the Logitech software installed, but assume with the lua.diff I don't need a profile installed?

Help!

Orac

Hi,

I've tried using the above lua.diff file, and it doesn't seem to have any effect. It loads without errors, but no mappings? I've checked I'm in sim mode, not game mode. I've got the latest s/w version, but nothing.

Using an X-52 (not pro). I have the Logitech software installed, but assume with the lua.diff I don't need a profile installed?

Help!

Orac

You need to use the saitek software side by side with the keyfile mapping. I am using this profile with some modification though to the original.

Did you follow the procedure laid out by Jaxx?

If you follow the instruction, it should work.

You need to use the saitek software side by side with the keyfile mapping. I am using this profile with some modification though to the original.

Did you follow the procedure laid out by Jaxx?

If you follow the instruction, it should work.

I have now followed the SST "wipe the profile" instruction as well, and still nothing. I go into Load Profile in DCS-World, and select the file, and nothing changes in the X-52 mapping column