Overclocked Video Card

Toto

Hello.

I have a 1080 TI and the default clock on the card is around 1560 to 1750 turbo boost. Well using P3Dv4 I OVERCLOCK my card to 1760 default and the card turbos at 2000 something. not sure what the actual turbo speed is but its in the low 2000's

Well have is my problem. DCS, in all its glory does not run at all when you run your system with the video card overclocked. It just will not start. After hitting the start button the game just freezes then says its collecting data to send to support so that the error can be fixed. Tells you where the log file is for personal viewing.

My question!!! Why would it matter to DCS what the clock speed is on my video card. Quite frankly I think its none of there business and the game coding should not act negatively to a overclocking. So if I buy a Nvidia 1180 which is far faster than a 1080 ti will the same thing happen. I have a sort of negative taste in my mouth about this and feel like it sort of like spying on us.

I can somewhat understand this when going into a MP server to fly and the coding thinking this is a cheat but you cant get into the game to begin with, not even to fly single missions. As soon as set my video card to default setting I was able to enter the game and fly. Like I said earlier I think this is sort of like spying on us. Toto...………..:mad:

Overclocked Video Card

You are so far off the mark here Toto it's unreal. You are not being spied on because of your graphics card being overclocked. I have a 1080 and overclocked it a few days ago and no errors or crashes. Now, I have overclocked before and other titles don't run, hang or crash so I know when I have pushed the card too far out of its comfort zone but this is not a software issue.

Edited by Dav IRL

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

That's not how that works. Also, I suggest reading on overclocking, because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, no offense.

Just when you think you've seen it all...

On the off chance the two are connected somehow, it would be a driver conflict, unstable overclock, or something like that. There is no such thing as a game that monitors your clockspeed, though @@

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Ok thank! you all for your views and thoughts.

Since my first post I have tried with a moderate overclock on my 1080ti and still no entry into the game. Same as before says!!! Error, blah blah, blah, and the game compiles a log report to send on to support.

Ok!!! So what is going on here???? You all say you can overclock your video cards and enter the game!!! So why cant I play DCS with a GPU overclock when I can enter other games with my video card overclocked.

Please don't say user error and I don't know what I am doing!! I am doing just fine to be able to use a GPU overclock that works in other games. Its not me its the game...…..or Windows.

I am not bagging on DCS either I have been a supporter since the Flanker 2.0 2.5 days. Some of you were not even born when that was around. I own just about every product DCS has put out to buy including Normandy and WW2 planes and soon to buy the F18.

My point is this. If the game does not allow a GPU OVERCLOCK why buy the next generation of video cards coming out which benchmark at least 30% faster then the current ones, when DCS will just neuter them down to comply with the lower standards set in the game, or what the game allows. We buy these things and do these things to have an advantage over the next person Sort of sounds like cry baby SOCALISM. Make everything fair

If I am right and the game is doing this they should take that coding out and let the multiplayer servers set up the parameters, and not do this across the board.

If I want to play my single mission in a enhanced graphical state, and fly around the beautiful Caucasus in my spity just enjoying the scenery i should be able to. I am very disappointed by this. Those of you that claim you can overclock your VIDEO CARDS and play the game please show me how and utube it. Thanks...………. Toto ……………..out

I overclock my 1080TI and have no issues with DCS nor any other game.

What I suggest you do is read up on how to properly overclock your videocard. Games do not care what clock speed your videocard is running at, games don't care if you are or are not overclocked. If you are crashing in DCS when overclocked then your overclock isn't stable and you need to either allow more voltage (up to 120% for Pascal) or dial back either your GPU or MEM clock offset.

I am sorry to say but you have no idea what you are talking about to the point of almost sounding crazy, I don't say this to be insulting....

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

An overclock will not matter to any game

THe only thing that can cause a problem with a game is IF the overclock is too high or your graphics card is starting to go faulty

Do any other games you try and run have problems ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests