Initial Hornet Impressions w/ Bugs Reports

neofightr

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol...then the flight manual is wrong too then yes? Read the rest of the thread...then comment on what's correct and what's not.

Let's go this route....I now have 1200 hrs as a fighter pilot. That's apparently all it takes to qualify yourself around here and the only thing that needs to be said to qualify as a real pilot. If you repeat it enough, it must be true. There...done. :ermm:

So NeoFighter was a 18 pilot until about 2000. The manual that your using is from 2008. I can tell you that there were tons of changes during those years. It is quite possible that in earlier hornets the speedbrake worked exactly how Neo states. I’m inclined to believe him actually due to the fact that I got a question wrong about how to get MMP codes from the NWDDi on my PC test that was no longer a procedure due to a Pub change in the PCM. It happens. As for Betty, I had one jet when I was at 97 that had the old voice. It was weird every time I did a LPT on it. But the rest had the new Betty.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So NeoFighter was a 18 pilot until about 2000. The manual that your using is from 2008. I can tell you that there were tons of changes during those years. It is quite possible that in earlier hornets the speedbrake worked exactly how Neo states. I’m inclined to believe him actually due to the fact that I got a question wrong about how to get MMP codes from the NWDDi on my PC test that was no longer a procedure due to a Pub change in the PCM. It happens. As for Betty, I had one jet when I was at 97 that had the old voice. It was weird every time I did a LPT on it. But the rest had the new Betty.

Posted a link to a legacy pub as well. There are others that are older than that. No change. Same way the -15 works and many others, same basic switchology. It's all in the thread already and I'm feeling like a bit of a record player.

I am just not as easy to please as many others. ;) Seen plenty of folks come and go over 20 years of internet flight simming...

Mind that this is a 2005 Lot 20. Boeing most probably updated Betty's voice, after all, she isn't there for a one time job! IIRC it was an engineer at Boeing who's voice was used, so it would make sense that it is with every lot that they update the voice, and even if she wasn't an engineer, I'd presume they update the voice every time as well.

Here is bitching betty

I work with fighter guys every day of my life and have done so for the last 19 years...
]

So I know this fighter pilot that knows a fight pilot and his cousin who happens to be a fighter pilot said the other fighter pilot he works with said that his friend who flies a fighter jet, it shouldn't be like that.

It's awesome to see that some pilots don't know some mini-features of their birds, shows that you guys can overlook stuff just like normal guys like us :D.

BTW, is it normal to struggle with power with gears & flaps full, to the point of using Mil power almost through the whole approach? (with clean bird, no stores, less than 4k lb of fuel no less). Or maybe I've messed up my throttle axis or something.

It's not normal, the hornet's aerodynamics was more responsive that what is currently in the flight model. I have faith belsimtek will get this nailed in due time.

Although, I will say that I am noticing the throttle movement range is pretty damn good when on glideslope.

With the right turbulence in close to touchdown you would sometimes have to go to mil in real life.

Watch my next video to see more about this topic.

Here's another where she talks about the history of her doing different recordings for Boeing:

Can someone point to me the video where she talks about when she was recording the voice lines back in the late 70s and early 1980 for the F-18A when she was how old???

Got news for you folks there was a betty before her.

It's not normal, the hornet's aerodynamics was more responsive that what is currently in the flight model. I have faith belsimtek will get this nailed in due time.

Although, I will say that I am noticing the throttle movement range is pretty damn good when on glideslope.

With the right turbulence in close to touchdown you would sometimes have to go to mil in real life.

Watch my next video to see more about this topic.

Can't thank you enough for your input buddy. I'll stay tuned for your next video & already subscribed. :thumbup:

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

THANK you regarding the flaps... JEEZ

I was in an article yesterday saying how planes they've flown pitch down when they deploy flaps... Even though I haven't flown any fighter jets, I've flown planes sized from C150 to Kingair 200. all the planes I've flown wanted to pitch up when I lowered flaps. and you know how I remember this? I remember I'd get immediate pressure on the yoke and I'd have to push it in and trim for it right away. I even shared a video of my flying a plane on youtube from over a decade ago.

that being said, I've noticed there are SO many chair pilots here. Including maintenance crew people. Sorry guys... It's not the same. I didn't ask my A&P how to fly my plane. your work is appreciated, but flight dynamics is not something you're going to know unless you fly yourself.

I got my flame suit on, bring it on.

Thank you for your video.

The BB we have in the module is that same as the super hornets. Maybe the old BB was McDonnell Douglas's Betty and the new one we have now is Boeing's Betty. Just a thought.

Now this makes sense since Boeing would have moved staff around after consolidating MD's workforce.

THANK you regarding the flaps... JEEZ

that being said, I've noticed there are SO many chair pilots here. Including maintenance crew people. Sorry guys... It's not the same. I didn't ask my A&P how to fly my plane. your work is appreciated, but flight dynamics is not something you're going to know unless you fly yourself.

Perhaps you need to go back and review this thread and what I commented on. ;) You’ll find the maintenace guy, was in fact, right in this case. K, thanks.

That's been my experience as well. Nothing like getting a little too slow at the threshold and putting in some more flap and power just to end up off glide-slope and floating over the runway while wrestling with trim lol..

YESSSSS. It's been a while for me too, but I remember this! LOL

I would just think with a FBW type of plane where you're not in direct control of the control surfaces... a boeing engineer would go... "hmph" this thing points to earth when the pilot deploys flaps. Let's modify the FCS so when flaps come down, the plane pitches up 5 degrees to counter it... OR SOMETHING. I would shit my pants if a plane did that in real life lol

yeah yeah yeah, I read the whole thing now. lol

I don’t use feel and think in most cases, I will usually have some form of black or white print to fall back on if I challenge things...in most cases at least. ;)

In terms of actual FM physics, I do believe that NASA did the same as with the F-16 and have a ton of data papers and EM charts out there as they also fly one of those for research. IIRC that is and could be wrong.

You just wait until the engineers turn up....:D

"but flight dynamics is not something you're going to know unless you fly yourself."

What ever you do don't use that line above around an engineer. You guy's wouldn't be flying at all if it wasn't for..Blah:D

-

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Thanks for the Video great feedback. On Alpha approach feels like you are flying at min drag speed, so any speed loss puts you on the wrong side of the drag curve . In the current flight models case the back side of the drag curve feels very steep tho maybe that’s the lack of momentum mentioned in the vid accentuating the problem.

Look forward to the next video.

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

The flaps bug was know before that pilot who doesn't know how airbrake works came into the picture.

I have 1300 hours on my bike, therefore I know.

I am former Swiss Airforce Radar officer and I have flown the F18 sim, the "old" one in Payerne. I am pretty sure that the new 4 sims which have interlink with NATO are different beast.

Apart from this I would not claim that I could operate the PSR and FCR today any longer. Still I got more than 300 days experience on it. These are countless house.

Don't blame a former pilot, not remembering every single detail after 18 years plus being out of business.

Honestly, he deserve some appreciation for being in these forums making the DCS Hornet better, more realistic overtime. Don't scare them pilots off by doubting and questioning every word they say.

Thanks you!

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Yay another video covering case 1 recovery.

https://youtu.be/XiVdwkuCrwg

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Don't blame a former pilot, not remembering every single detail after 18 years plus being out of business.

Honestly, he deserve some appreciation for being in these forums making the DCS Hornet better, more realistic overtime. Don't scare them pilots off by doubting and questioning every word they say.

This.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

Thanks you!

I wholeheartedly agree.

Man people are really bitchy here.

Does your pride really hurt that much that you're squabbling over so many things?

Cudos to the "neofightr" for pointing out flaws and striving for perfection.

Also Rainmaker please chill out dude, Constructive criticism is probably the first thing that you were supposed to learn.

If you're gonna fight with every Internet chair pilot wanna be here you're gonna be messed up in a while.

Can't we just take a second and enjoy the moment we're in right now?.

The Characteristics of the Flight Model are way better than I initially thought it was going to be for a Early Access.

You can see ED and Belsimteck really worked their butt off to give us this lovely bird.

I have no doubts in my mind that in a couple of months if not weeks we'll see some major improvement in cleaning up the Flight model and adding little tweaks here and there along with the awesome new features that this bird will give us.

So just enjoy the present people ...

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit