Suggestions for TDC SLEW

I realize the TDC slew is WIP. I have a Saitek X-55 and wonder what a good work around would be to slew the TDC with HOTAS. Or if there isn't one, what other options there is? Anyone use this stick or have other options?

I realize the TDC slew is WIP. I have a Saitek X-55 and wonder what a good work around would be to slew the TDC with HOTAS. Or if there isn't one, what other options there is? Anyone use this stick or have other options?

DUDE check my userfiles in the SIG. You will love me long time

**EDIT: here for easy access

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3288785/

And I am VS-33 Doc, so these are my files, not someone elses

P.S. this allows you to use mouse nipple on x55 throttle as tdc axis instead of using up one of your hat switches.

I might just do a full out F-18C profile for all with picture references to bound controls and placement...I'll think about that one

Edited by CHRISXTR3M3

What is TDC slew called in the controls screen? I can't find it in there. There's nothing that says TDC slew, or I'm just blind.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Throttle Designator Contoller up, down, left, right, depress. It's in the Throttle Grip Catagory.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Ok thanks. I saw those, but thought they had something to do with the throttle settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Ok I’m at work so Il do my best to explain in semi shorthand without just being confusing. I used the the target GUI and created an advanced profile. You move along to the controller profile and see an up/down & left/right arrows over the tdc axis on the stick. Click on those. A arrow will show up under where you input the key. I moved the slider in that arrow to within 1% of the edges of the axis (this keeps the TDc from wondering when not touching the axis). You have to do this for all 4 corresponding tdc key inputs. Works just like an axis as far as I can tell. That’s as much as I can think to break it down through a wall of text. Gl

I downloaded the file but have never used the RHINO software. I always used the SIM options to assign controls. How do I make your file work?

DUDE check my userfiles in the SIG. You will love me long time

**EDIT: here for easy access

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3288785/

And I am VS-33 Doc, so these are my files, not someone elses

P.S. this allows you to use mouse nipple on x55 throttle as tdc axis instead of using up one of your hat switches.

I might just do a full out F-18C profile for all with picture references to bound controls and placement...I'll think about that one

Ok Thanks, I have the profile activated and I can see it working on the screen. Now for the dumb question, How do I make it work in the sim? I tried to assign an axis but cant.

You don't assign an axis for the TDC in the SIM with this profile. This profile uses the default keyboard bindings for TDC slewing. If you check the assign controls page while the profile is active and move the nipple around you will see the controls being engaged. Have to be under the "all" subcategory, not axis assign

Hi,

i have been trying to do this but have no clue how. I want to use the mouse nipple on my warthog throttle for TDC slew, is that possible?

Any help appreciated!

Alex

Open the software

Go to programming

Select throttle

Select Mode (I Do it for all 3 as I use all 3)

Scroll down to Mouse Y/X axis

Right click and select bands

Now "Edit Bands" appears (edit accordingly I us 0%/45%-45%/55%-55%/100%)

Now left click and add your key bind and hit the green check

Name it if you care, i do, trust me it helps and hit enter

Now save your profile and press the profile button and you're set.

Hope this helps

Edited by Dronin87

Ok I’m at work so Il do my best to explain in semi shorthand without just being confusing. I used the the target GUI and created an advanced profile. You move along to the controller profile and see an up/down & left/right arrows over the tdc axis on the stick. Click on those. A arrow will show up under where you input the key. I moved the slider in that arrow to within 1% of the edges of the axis (this keeps the TDc from wondering when not touching the axis). You have to do this for all 4 corresponding tdc key inputs. Works just like an axis as far as I can tell. That’s as much as I can think to break it down through a wall of text. Gl

Thanks a lot, I’ll give it a shot and let you know if it worked!

Alex

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out my channel

• 2 weeks later...

Cant seem to make the slew work, hopefully someone can help.

Using Target GUI I have made the profile to set the SCX to Mouse X and Y axis.

Saved ok and run configuration and it gives me a "Virtual Mouse"

However in DCS it is not shown as a mouse and cannot be used for the F18.

Any Ideas anyone please.

Thanks in advance.

If you download the regfix ministick from this site, it will add your mouse nipple as a 2 axis controller you can bind to your TDC. This means you don't have to use the Saitek software to create bands or anything and you get some good analog input.

https://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/showthread.php?24506-X55-keyfile-Full-DX-Programmed&highlight=snelle

I like using the mode switch as Master Arm. It is bindable just like any other button provided you select "Clear" after right-clicking on the Rhino profiler icon in the notification center.

I still haven't figured out how to bind the push button next to the mouse or the scroll wheel on the throttle.

Hi,

i have been trying to do this but have no clue how. I want to use the mouse nipple on my warthog throttle for TDC slew, is that possible?

Any help appreciated!

Alex

Yes but it isn't TDC as has been stated quite a few times. It's throttle designator up, down, left, right. You don't need to use TARGET, it's awful anyway.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals