UHF radio question

Vantskruv

Hmm, as I understand it AM and FM is just the type of method to transmit/recieve data (hence, AM is using higher and lower amplitude of the wave to represent data, while FM is using higher and lower frequency to represent data).

AM and FM is not bound to any frequency-bands.

Hmm, I think I have been fooled by the UHF radio of the A10C. It seems that is not using the UHF-band, even when the radio is called UHF.

I am quite confused right now about the definitions here.....

Ignore Spealunker

Each AN/ARC-210 radio is capable of multiple bands

UHF AM/FM frequency range is 225.000-399.975 MHz (AM in this band is used for voice/ FM is for DATA which isn't simulated)

Also...

VHF FM 30-88 MHz (mostly Close Air Support)

VHF AM 118-137 MHz (Air Traffic Control and other Air to Air communication)

VHF FM 156-174 MHz (Maritime)

The actual radio has a wider usable frequency spectrum and almost 15 other modulations besides AM and FM, but we won't ever use them here. To answer your original question, AM is what you want to use to speak to others in UHF.

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

Sorry for the bad info on the first post, I made sure to remove it to not missinform.

[

Ignore Spealunker

Each AN/ARC-210 radio is capable of multiple bands

UHF AM/FM frequency range is 225.000-399.975 MHz (AM in this band is used for voice/ FM is for DATA which isn't simulated)

Also...

VHF FM 30-88 MHz (mostly Close Air Support)

VHF AM 118-137 MHz (Air Traffic Control and other Air to Air communication)

VHF FM 156-174 MHz (Maritime)

The actual radio has a wider usable frequency spectrum and almost 15 other modulations besides AM and FM, but we won't ever use them here. To answer your original question, AM is what you want to use to speak to others in UHF.

Hmm, as I understand it AM and FM is just the type of method to transmit/recieve data (hence, AM is using higher and lower amplitude of the wave to represent data, while FM is using higher and lower frequency to represent data).

AM and FM is not bound to any frequency-bands.

Hmm, I think I have been fooled by the UHF radio of the A10C. It seems that is not using the UHF-band, even when the radio is called UHF.

I am quite confused right now about the definitions here.....

You perfectly express my feelings about what i thought i knew... :pilotfly: