Is it possible to do a hot ramp start on the carrier?

atsmith6

First

Thank you ED! I have been doing repeated carrier landings in the Hornet all night and haven't enjoyed a flight sim this much in a long time. Everything you guys have been doing is paying off and even in this early state the experience is just exceptional.

To the question. At the moment I only get to take-off from the carrier if I set my aircraft to "start on the runway" on the carrier. If I start on the "ramp" then I can't seem to connect my launch bar to the catapult. I this just how it is at the moment or is there a method to go from chilling on the deck to getting the aircraft on the trap and the screens to come up?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

A

UPDATE: In case anyone else is interested, just put the front wheel at the catapult with the launch bar down, press U, and it will hook you up and raise the shield. Thanks Mugenjin for the answer :)

Edited by atsmith6

You can do a cold start from the Stennis. Just set up a mission, set your F18 Lot 20 and select Player as the user. But after I started her up she would not move and seemed to be stuck. Could not taxi to the catapult. Will try deleting the mission and creating a new one.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Did you turn off the parking brake?

I just did a cold start and taxi to the cat on the Stennis 20 mins ago.

Yup parking break was off. Emerge was visible. Someone on Reddit experienced the same thing and said he had to restart dcs and then it was fine.

Tried it tonight and it worked fine. Although I can't see where to select the parking spot furthest from the catapult. Lining up with the launch bar was a bit tricky but once you get close enough pressing U will align you correctly. Glad it worked this time and managed to also come back and land twice despite fighting the issue with the nose diving when setting full flaps.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 1 year later...
Yup parking break was off. Emerge was visible. Someone on Reddit experienced the same thing and said he had to restart dcs and then it was fine.

Tried it tonight and it worked fine. Although I can't see where to select the parking spot furthest from the catapult. Lining up with the launch bar was a bit tricky but once you get close enough pressing U will align you correctly. Glad it worked this time and managed to also come back and land twice despite fighting the issue with the nose diving when setting full flaps.

You need to ask the ground crew to remove wheel chocks ;)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

From the spot you were stopped after catching the wire,

one can do a very unofficial 'afterburner-full-brakes-full flaps' take off, and make it over the water.

For when you're in a reaaaaallllll need and do countless go-arounds practicing lots of landings.

It's nowhere near real of course.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |