Any CH Product profiles for F18 yet?

If you wait until this weekend(probably sunday) i could send you my ch profile.

Wel i will clarify, i use a very simple profile within ch manager, and then everything is actually mapped within dcs, so what i could send you is a ch profile+dcs.diff.lua file. You understand? If not i will explain myself...

I will let you know!

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

One thing i need to think about is if i should be mapping everything to mimic the layout of the real hornet's Hotas or if i prefer to keep some harmonization betwen my different modules...

For example, i'm so used to have the CMS Management (ECM and chaff/flare) in the stick as in the A10C, FC3 and F16 that i'm not sure it would be wise to put there the weapon selector as in the real hornet... At the end i will be fliying with a F16 stick...

I share here my first intent on the profile. Some comments:

-I always use a Modifier acting as a switch so i have double functions, so you need to creat a "Mode" Modifier(and it has to be switch) and assign it to Button 4 of the CH Throttle.

-The TDC cannot be assigned currently to the mouse slew of the CH throttle, once this is possible i will change it.

-My profile is assigned inside DCS (diff.lua files) but you need to use my CH Manager profile so everythings matches perfectly.

F18C.PNG.04b4bae4ed076c25061d1a93773f0bec.PNG

F18C Profile.rar

I share here my first intent on the profile. Some comments:

-I always use a Modifier acting as a switch so i have double functions, so you need to creat a "Mode" Modifier(and it has to be switch) and assign it to Button 4 of the CH Throttle.

-The TDC cannot be assigned currently to the mouse slew of the CH throttle, once this is possible i will change it.

-My profile is assigned inside DCS (diff.lua files) but you need to use my CH Manager profile so everythings matches perfectly.

Hi,

I use the CH Control Manager always, all my aircraft and I have most of the inventory.

Have you contacted Revvin to stash your profile ? http://www.ch-hangar.com

Thank you!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You mean so its posted on ch hangar?

The things is, the profile is a DCS profile... the .cms and .map are just assigning a dx function to each button, so it has no value without the DCS .diff.lua profile attached...

Though if that is not a problem i will.

Hi,

I use the CH Control Manager always, all my aircraft and I have most of the inventory.

Have you contacted Revvin to stash your profile ? http://www.ch-hangar.com

Thank you!!

My Ka-50 BS2 .map profile I got there from Capt Crunch I still use since BS1.

Just saying.

Do what's best for you.

Thanks

I'm not totally sure i understand what you meant xd.

I'm totally fine with sharing my profile! :). is that what you meant right?

Regards,

Yes.

This is where the Helicopters' profiles are stashed and not just for DCS :

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?/files/category/8-helicopter-sim-profiles/

and the downloads index :

=================

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?/files/

You just keeping your shared file to this DCS Forums thread is just fine.

$hit happens, nice to stash stuff to other sources.

Revvin keeps his stash still going though the CH Products controllers have kind of lost their luster after later "improvements" have appeared to the controllers market. My controllers are 7 years old and almost like new out of the box.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes.

This is where the Helicopters' profiles are stashed and not just for DCS :

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?/files/category/8-helicopter-sim-profiles/

and the downloads index :

=================

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?/files/

Ok! I will. Though i want to wait to the next patch when hopefully i will be able to asign the tdc axes to the ch mouse thumb hat or whatever is called

I graduated high school 1970. I don't think we even had hand-held calculators, yet, for math and physics. I remember using the engineer's slide rule.

I did not learn any computer PC stuff in school. I am self taught.

The advanced programming by Bob Church that is available for the CH Control Manager is a bit over my head. I never took the initiative to dive in and figure it out, yet. Nice you guys offer your stuff.

Another guy that seems to be super-smart to CH Hangar is the user Ken King (531_Ghost); checkout his A-10C Warthog profiles.

And this how-to tutorial (Ken has others) : http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3124081/Control_Manager_-_How_Do_I

My profiles I make for myself are not very advanced but they work for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noticed an interesting feature (bug).

My F-18 is flying straight, but then the 'pilot' moves the stick left, then forward. Throttle is constantly 'shaking'.

I am using malibu43's map. Before I calibrated all CH devices, then downloaded the map, then turned on the Mapped Mode. I mean the a/c follows my pitch/roll commands, but then all of a sudden moves the stick left and forward!

Anyone has faced the same?

mighty pilot, so it seems

· Intel i7 8700K 3.7GHz · Asus 1080 Ti · HP Reverb · Virpil T-50CM2 base + stick · Virpil MT-50 Throttle · TM TPR Pedals

Much improved version guys and gals! :)

Finally you can use the mouse hat to slew the TDC which is much much nicer. And since

the index hat of the throttle was now empty, i've assigned to this all the important Radar functions (as of now at least), so you can change Range, BAR scan elevation and scan azimuth degrees without taking your hands off the stick.

Enjoy!

F18C Profile.rar

F18C.thumb.PNG.fae37fe483a457bcb9ba813d1f00184b.PNG

Edited by falcon_120

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

To "falcon 120" or anybody that can confirm my question...referring to Message #23 above.

Your 3 (.diff.lua) files are placed here, correct ??

C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\[aircraft]\joystick

If this is not correct, where do the ( F18C Joy, Rudder, Throttle ).diff.lua files reside ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi!

To "falcon 120" or anybody that can confirm my question...referring to Message #23 above.

Your 3 (.diff.lua) files are placed here, correct ??

C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\[aircraft]\joystick

If this is not correct, where do the ( F18C Joy, Rudder, Throttle ).diff.lua files reside ?

Hi DieHard,

You should put them under C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\ just like that. You can see in the image where are mine.

Capture.thumb.PNG.519e8f453b77fa7aa307dd970f662fc7.PNG