[NOT A BUG] ADF Radio Static

HawkeyeHHDF

So I have tried this a couple of times and have had one of the guys in my squadron try it as well, After using setting the ADF freq and using the ADF to navigate, it works fine by the way, but when I go to change that radio to a comm frequency the radio is nothing but static, I can still hear comms over the static but it is still straight radio static. Tried it in the caucuses and PG. My rig is Ryzen 3 1200 OC to 3.8, GTX 1070, 16 GB of DDR4 3066, Track IR, Warthog.

Hawkeye

VF-213 CO

VCVW-11

http://www.vcvw-11.com

Heatblur F-14 SME

You'll have to manually turn the squelch back on for the radio you used for the ADF. Not sure if it's intended behavior or not that it stays off after the ADF is powered off.

• Thanks 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Indeed, ADF1 disables squelch on COMM1 and ADF2 on COMM2.

NATOPS FLIGHT MANUAL

NAVY MODEL F/A-18A/B/C/D 161353 AND UP

AIRCRAFT

23.2.1.1.4 ADF Function Select Switch. The ADF function select switch has positions labeled 1, 2,

and OFF. Placing the switch to the 1 position turns on power to the ADF set and indicates ADF bearing

to the station selected on the comm 1 receiver-transmitter. Placing the switch to the 2 position turns

on power to the ADF set and indicates ADF bearing to the station selected on the comm 2

receiver-transmitter. With the switch set to OFF, power to the ADF is removed. The ADF bearing

symbol is a small circle displayed on the HSI display and indicates the ADF bearing to the station

selected. Squelch is deselected when the ADF is selected. After the ADF is turned on, the SQUELCH

has to be reselected.

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

RTM!

C:\Programg Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Doc\DCS FA-18C Early Access Guide EN.pdf

Search for 'squelch'.

Basically, select/activate a radio and the squelch is right there on the UFC.

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Thank you, i was able to disable some of the static sound, but I cannot turn off both radio 1 and radio 2 at the same time with the button SQCH button since there is a bug.

How to reproduce.

1). Tune any radio channel so you can see the FRQ on the screen

( pull in radio preset channel selector dial ).

2). switch ADF1 on and then click the button SQCH, now the static sound turn off.

3). switch ADF to off.

4). now turn on radio 2 so you see the FRQ on the screen.

5). Switch the ADF to 2 possition and you hear the static sound again.

6). Now the SQCH button do no longer work, and you will never be able to turn off your both radio 1 or 2 at the same time, and the SQCH button stop to work for radio 2.

( you can technical speaking turn down the volume of one of them. as work arround. Technical speaking just use radio 1 with ADF 1 and avoid using ADF2 then problem will not happen.).

Additionally, the ADF doesn't switch off when the ADF function select switch is set back to off (which also answers Tholozor's question - see below for expected behaviour).

23.2.1.1.4 ADF Function Select Switch. The ADF function select switch has positions labeled 1, 2,

and OFF. Placing the switch to the 1 position turns on power to the ADF set and indicates ADF bearing

to the station selected on the comm 1 receiver-transmitter. Placing the switch to the 2 position turns

on power to the ADF set and indicates ADF bearing to the station selected on the comm 2

receiver-transmitter. With the switch set to OFF, power to the ADF is removed. The ADF bearing

symbol is a small circle displayed on the HSI display and indicates the ADF bearing to the station

selected. Squelch is deselected when the ADF is selected. After the ADF is turned on, the SQUELCH

has to be reselected.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking at the previous posts on this thread, it looks like the squelch can be RESELECTED after turning on ADF, which is not the same as "no squelch available while using ADF"...Is it possible this actually is a bug?

Edited by Chevydriver
Edited for grammar error