Random switch inputs - X56 Rhino + DCS 2.5+

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have the Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS, and ever since I upgraded and downloaded the F18 module, I will now randomly have controls fire. For example, I was just doing air to air refueling, and my landing gear starting going down without me hitting the switch that I have bound for gear. Talk about FRUSTRATING!

I'm kinda at my wits' end on this one, I've switched USB ports, re-installed drivers, etc.

This is a known and annoying issue with those sticks. What is normally suggested is a USB hub (since those have their own power supply). On my X55 that helps but I would still get "ghost presses" now and then. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWF5U0M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There isn't a way to totally stop it that I am aware of.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I had the ghost keys on mine intermittently, too. I resolved it by installing a PCI USB extension.It's my belief many stock USB ports are insufficiently powered.

High power draw equipment + poor quality components prone to interference + poorly wired usb ports = ghost keys

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

give you an advice

sell this garbage on ebay and get a T.16000M FCS Flight Pack from Thrustmasters, it's half the price of a Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS + Pedals and has twice the quality.

did run into same problem as you guys few weeks ago, now I am really happy that I decided to buy me a high quality Thrustmasters Controller.

Edited by maquez

i9 11900K, ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, ROG STRIX RTX 3060 TI, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Thrustmaster T1600 Flight Pack, TrackIR 5

Hardware Benchmark

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F-86F, F/A-18C, FC3, JF-17, Ka-50, M-2000C, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, SA342, UH-1H, Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Combined Arms

Steam Profile, Twitch, Youtube

• 1 month later...

For me , Worked by switching the ilumination to off....no more blue color on my joys, but solved the problem forever...hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

• 3 years later...

What about disassembling and dusting the wiring and electronic circuit board using a brush or similar? I have not tried this yet, but the ghosting input did not occur in the early days of my purchase. The stick promptly died, though. It was a failure as far as Logitech product quality.

CPU:Core i7-2700K 4.8GHz

Mother Board:Asrock Z77Extreme6

Memory:G.SKILL DDR3-2133 16GB

Graphic Card:AMD HD7970 1125/1575MHz

Display:Eyefinity / Square x3

My X56 stick became unresponsive after being left untouched for a while. This is a symptom generally attributed to inferior liquid capacitors used in cheap consumer electronics products.
Up until around X52, electronic components were made in Japan as a continuation of the Cold War period, but X56 may have been designed at the wrong time.

Because something is made in Japan, it does not necessarily mean that everything is safe.

The Omron and Alps tact switches used in Saitek devices are not durable enough for gaming devices. When they become unresponsive, you have to check the model number and replace parts regularly.

Edited by JAPman

CPU:Core i7-2700K 4.8GHz

Mother Board:Asrock Z77Extreme6

Memory:G.SKILL DDR3-2133 16GB

Graphic Card:AMD HD7970 1125/1575MHz

Display:Eyefinity / Square x3