Wings behavior effect when pulling G'S, couldn't believe my eyes.

Doum76

Awesome module so far, been waiting to have a Hornet in DSC ever since i was flying in FSX and discovered DCS, back then when Black Shark and A-10C were two stand alones then not too far after, they came up with the possibility to have both aircrafts on same server... and i can tell all that dreaming wishing someday DCs would have a Hornet up to the wait time, was worth it, jsut awesome.

Then here i was today flying it for the first time, cuz yeah, each time a module comes out, i have a small ritual, i got to create the skins first then start flying it. :) All that said, here i am, flying, pulling G's to see the Vapor effect, so there i am puling G's while looking over my should in sweet VR, and, what i didn't expect to see (got to say i wasn't able to watch mch movies about the Hornet, causing me being too impatient) well i was so surprise to see the behavior of the wing under G's, it sorta move, fold or i can'T say exactly, but, as real arfricfs does, it's the first one i see doing this in DCS, again, Bravo to all the teams who worked on this projet and much appreciated, brining alive in this sim, my best ever aircraft in RL.

Thanks!

Yeap the wing flex and the vapors and the shaking.. its a thing of beauty indeed! the Hornet more (if at all posible) than any other module is beautiful! and it flys like a dream too

Not to mention the fact they had this going with Boeing and got all the sounds and Betty and some other stuff from them also adds a huge thing, just the spooling on each engine, the roar, bring me shivers and flash bakc the first time i heard this sound in an Airshow :) Brilliant Module so far.

... well i was so surprise to see the behavior of the wing under G's, it sorta move, fold or i can'T say exactly, but, as real arfricfs does, it's the first one i see doing this in DCS, again, Bravo to all the teams who worked on this projet and much appreciated, brining alive in this sim, my best ever aircraft in RL.

Thanks!

Well if your'e stunned about the beautiful wing flex effect; I'd suggest you to also try to pull some Gs in one of the availabe DCS Mig29's .. :thumbup:

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

I hate to be "that guy" but.....

It's not vapor you're seeing behind the Hornet. Water vapor is the gaseous form of water and is invisible to human eyes.

What you're seeing is tiny droplets of liquid water, (just like clouds) condensing out of the air.

This happens because the wings cause a large drop in pressure. If pressure drops, temperature also drops and if the temperature drops below the current dew point... condensation will occur.

This happens because the wings cause a large drop in pressure. If pressure drops, temperature also drops and if the temperature drops below the current dew point... condensation will occur.

True, which is commonly referred to, and known in the aviation world, as "vapour".

Well if your'e stunned about the beautiful wing flex effect; I'd suggest you to also try to pull some Gs in one of the availabe DCS Mig29's .. :thumbup:

To be honest, i am not interested in any FC3 aircrafts, i want clickable cockpit aircrafts with lots of detailed system implemented, specialy in VR, this makes me realise i'm in DCS and not Battlefield and second, got to say i am not interested in most Eropeen or Russian aircrafts as, i grown with north american aicraft so as a child in the 80's my passion for aircrafts started seing most of those. :( So yeah i might had missed quite a few effect applied to those since i only flew the FCS3 when i bought the module about 4 years ago and a week after i felt in love with helicopters after buying the UH-1H and never flew FC3 aircrafts afterward since i bought the M2K cuz it was the first fast mover with clickable cockpit. :(

True, which is commonly referred to, and known in the aviation world, as "vapour".

Not in the aviation world I know.

I work for a large flight training academy, (over 80 cfi's) teaching the next generation of airline pilots. They should know the difference between vapour and liquid water after their first week of ground school!

Not in the aviation world I know.

I work for a large flight training academy, (over 80 cfi's) teaching the next generation of airline pilots. They should know the difference between vapour and liquid water after their first week of ground school!

So just curious, and not trying to be coy, but what is it called in your training guides?

Bit heavy for landing so I thought I would dump some fuel.

Has there always been an effect for aircraft in DCS? I cannot remember ever seeing it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=186172&stc=1&d=1527903292

FuelDump.thumb.jpg.4f44d27cd46e584eafb35f67723234c9.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I have seen the vapor on the leading edges but I haven't seen any contrails on the wing tips even after trying several times. Is everyone else getting the contrails on the tips?

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

I have seen the vapor on the leading edges but I haven't seen any contrails on the wing tips even after trying several times. Is everyone else getting the contrails on the tips?

No. It's a known bug.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Has there always been an effect for aircraft in DCS? I cannot remember ever seeing it.

Hum i personaly never seen fuel trade while dumping before, thanks for sharing :)

I'm thinking thats just contrails. How high are you?

EDIT: No, you're correct. That is the fuel dump.

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

So just curious, and not trying to be coy, but what is it called in your training guides?

Condensation or contrails.

The example many teachers use is a boiling kettle. Just above the opening of the kettle, nothing is visible, (water vapour) but a little bit higher..... steam is seen rising, (vapour has cooled and condensed into a visible cloud of steam).

Wing flex is amazing great work incredibly realistic.

Anyone else noticed the wingtip vortices are missing?

I havnt seen any either in sim or watching streams since release..

I did notice it also, only thing i see so far is the LEX vortices. Haven'T flown yet passed passed 24,000 to see if i get contrails though.

I'm curious, what kind of parameters are you guys needing to get the vapor effects? For me I only seem to get them when I pull max stick deflection under 350kts. At higher speeds they won't show.

Over wing condensation is only produced at very high alpha as it is caused by a very low pressure area over the upper wing surface. You are only likely to achieve high enough alpha at slower speeds with sudden pitch increases. At higher speeds you're likely to reach your G-limit way before you achieve sufficient alpha to trigger the effect...

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System