2.5 and open Beta KA-50 issues

TJTAS

It's been a while since I was messing around with the KA-50 but I am having a couple of issues with 2.5 and Open Beta:-

1) Buttons no longer light up. The cluster of buttons dealing with flight modes and the ones dealing with Targeting (auto turn on target, Ground moving target) No longer seem to light up when they are pressed. This makes it dificult to tell whether they are engaged or not.

2) Hover hold doesn't seem worth a damn. I get the velocity down into single digits and engage hover hold and it does not seem to do a lot. In fact it seems to accelerate it from when I enter it.

Is there something i'm missing or are these bugs?.

It's been a while since I was messing around with the KA-50 but I am having a couple of issues with 2.5 and Open Beta:-

1) Buttons no longer light up. The cluster of buttons dealing with flight modes and the ones dealing with Targeting (auto turn on target, Ground moving target) No longer seem to light up when they are pressed. This makes it dificult to tell whether they are engaged or not.

2) Hover hold doesn't seem worth a damn. I get the velocity down into single digits and engage hover hold and it does not seem to do a lot. In fact it seems to accelerate it from when I enter it.

Is there something i'm missing or are these bugs?.

Data link is broken - Reported and Devs are aware.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

1. datalink is broken but It is already reported

2. buttons lighting malfunction is due to deferred shading and depends on a wider lighting problem affecting other modules too. 2.5.2 is still open beta branch. Use 2.5.0 release and turn off deferred shadings, buttons light Will work.

3. Hover hold mode works flawlessly in 2.5.2, check again What you are doing.

Last DCS update resets settings, maybe your hover hold is affected by trim mode being reset for Ka50.

For cockpit buttons' lights you can use Devrim's Ka50 cockpit that fix this issue with deferred shading - I don't have downsides in using this mod.

I like what you are saying but we shouldn’t need a mod for this, it’s a bad joke at this stage waiting for interior lighting to work on such a wonderful module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

I accidentally switched the cockpit back to russian and button lights were working. So yeah, we just have to wait ED get in the mood to fix this incredibly complex issue that's at the edge of the limits of today's computer simulation technology.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

OK the hover hold was partly me. I kept thinking that Director Mode was on by default as it was lit up. So I was turning it off. Bad move as I was really turning it on due to the way the lights are working wrong. The Turn on target does not seem to be functioning well if at all.

I do not find issues in auto turn on target. It is difficult to say if it's on or off, but when it's on It works: if you move the shkval outside your hud field of view, the chopper automatically yaws towards the shkval point of view. No issues to me with this behaviour.

irt hover hold. I am doing everything I used to do, getting the velocity as low as possible and < 20, but it doesn't seem to work like it used to.

Same problem here. I have just decided to pick the shark up again after many years and re-teaching myself the systems. Looks like I picked a great time to do that since 2.5 broke stuff. No matter what I did lastnight I was unable to enter hover hold and a lot of times my controls would freeze up and only clicking on the collective unfroze them. Thought it was something I was doing wrong. The whole module seems very buggy now. Perhaps I will need to fire up an old copy of DCS in order to play with her again. Things like this should never be allowed to be broken before a new core engine is released. They knew these easily fixable bugs were there and released it anyway. :thumbdown:

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Check your controls settings and hotas assigned buttons. I use default trimmer method and I Can easily enter hover and then keep It with hover hold Button. Some bugs are there (buttons lighting is inverted for ap channels and do not work for some others) but the ap methods work as they should.

I can see that the autohover anunciator light is on but it does nothing. It may be the reversed lights on the AP though since I turned them on manually because the lights were off when with the bug I think I may have turned them off instead. I'll try it later tonight and see if that is what is causing me grief.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

I think it was the reversed lights causing it. I was turning on the AP because I didn’t see the lights and it was in fact turning it off instead. Sigh. Auto hover seems to be working again from the brief flight that I took. Bugs bugs bugs.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

I can't get the point of switching the AP off anyway. I always switch all channels on (except Alt Hold of course) before taking off and I don't touch them anymore. I use a mod (IC ok) which displays those blue buttons state (except FD) on the HUD. But anyway, even if it was more obvious before the lightning issue, it's not so hard to see the difference between the 2 states and quickly get used to it.

if you go to low on hover or not sure why but they do switch off by themselves, as for seeing easily I can never see a different state from mine, sometimes a bit lighter or whatever.

but if you have landed and switched off its very easy to not know what state they are in, the point is the shark is getting worse and worse, and there never seems to be any news on updating or fixing the many problems that a lot of us have.

I have said before but it feels like the shark is dead.

I do not agree. Lighting bug is something related to deferred shading and not esclusive of ka-50 but existent for other modules too. It Can Be frustrating at the beginning, but you Can easily get used to. AP Channels state is clearly different, other Button lights are less distinguishable, but you Can manage It. There's a datalink bug that is already reported and devs have worked on It, but it's not fully solved. I've read ED plans for a new cockpit, if this is true I think we have to wait cause they have higher priorities, but soon or later we'll have One. I don't think we Can call the ka-50 "dead".

Edited by nessuno0505

Here:

Ka-50 is scheduled to have the cockpit updated for the new graphics engine.

And here the original topic:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=201623&page=6

I add this post too:

That is the plan, it just takes time to get everything updated for the new lighting and deferred shading.

So maybe an updated cockpit for when deferred shading always turned on will move on 2.5 release?

these are not the only problems

Could you please briefely summarize the bugs list already reported?

Edited by nessuno0505