kneeboard for specific missions?

Tricky11

I changed the 1146x1600 one to 1200x1600, tested on my VR rig and it worked!

Not sure if it's solved because I corrected the kneeboard ratio, or because on my mission editing laptop (where I previously tested it) I didn't install the latest OB update yet. But hey, it works 🙂

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

All of my mission kneeboards work in both Stable and Open Beta without any changes, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. 

I'm curious why in your screenshot your mission is showing as a .zip file. That's not the way it should be, I don't think, but I use 7-Zip.

Edited by Bunny Clark
words

4 minutes ago, Bunny Clark said:

All of my mission kneeboards work in both Stable and Open Beta without any changes, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. 

I'm curious why in your screenshot your mission is showing as a .zip file. That's not the way it should be, I don't think, but I use 7-Zip.

I got used to to renaming it to .zip when I manually want to change/add something. I suppose I could also just right click the .miz and select open with 7-zip 😋

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Has anyone had issues with adding kneeboard files to .miz recently? it was working couple of weeks ago but now every time I add kneeboards DCS will load the mission in editor but will crash when trying to fly (right when the load bar gets to second lot of pooled tasks). I have tried with winRar and 7Zip

17 minutes ago, djdc13 said:

Has anyone had issues with adding kneeboard files to .miz recently? 

Just tested .. it still works fine for me:

9lrN4F7.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 year later...

Out of interest, if adding a kneeboard to a miz file for a server, are folks logging into that server able to access those kneeboards, and only when in that server...

Then if not, is there a way for me to put a kneeboard in a directory when I go on a specific server/mission on that server...?

On 1/29/2022 at 12:35 AM, ollk22 said:

Out of interest, if adding a kneeboard to a miz file for a server, are folks logging into that server able to access those kneeboards, and only when in that server...

Then if not, is there a way for me to put a kneeboard in a directory when I go on a specific server/mission on that server...?

1) Yes. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313144/
2) No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
6 minutes ago, evilnate said:

Is it possible to make a set of mission specific knee boards for red and blue, or does it HAVE to be by air frame?

No, it can only be a global mission kneeboard or an airframe-by-airframe one.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

12 minutes ago, evilnate said:

That’s a bummer, but thanks. I’ll add to the wish list.

In the meantime, you could implement a Coalition Briefing using individual images shown with PICTURE TO COALITION triggers.

• 3 months later...

Is there anyway of showing the kneeboard to a specific flight only in a MP mission?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

1 hour ago, Focha said:

Is there anyway of showing the kneeboard to a specific flight only in a MP mission?

No, unless that specific flight is the only unit flying that aircraft type, say it's the only unit flying a Mirage F1ce.

4 hours ago, Focha said:

Thank you.

Kind regards.

If that flight is of a type no one else is flying then yes. Add the kneeboard images into the kneeboard folder in the .miz file. 

(I believe that's the structure you need  => plus of course the aircraft type spelt correctly)

Thank you guys.

So you can only create a general kneeboard or an aircraft specific one, but you can’t create a specific flight.

The ideia was to create specific navigation kneeboard to a flight element.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits