Iranian assets

Kayos

While creating news assets will take some time and work, I don't understand why there are no F-4s and F-14s available for the Iranian side already as these aircraft are already in the game?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

doesnt make sense to me to go to the effort to make skins that fit the very dated meshes when they are slated to be replaced.

But the replacement will probably still take some time (at least for the F-4 I guess).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

There's a few people working on editing the db_countries.lua for exactly this reason, it's woefully short, but again, an IC breaking mod shouldn't be required. However, if ED wanted to use it once submitted, I'd actually put more effort in to do it?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

doesnt make sense to me to go to the effort to make skins that fit the very dated meshes when they are slated to be replaced.

I just noticed there are other airplanes available for the iranian side already, that have no iranian liveries (e.g. the Su-24M). So why is this not the case for the F-14 or F-4? This would not require any extra work except a small entry in the database.

Tornado3 small.jpg

While creating news assets will take some time and work, I don't understand why there are no F-4s and F-14s available for the Iranian side already as these aircraft are already in the game?

Current IA F-14 would be a waste of time to skin with a full module incoming. F-4 version IIRC isn't the correct one, either current IA nor F-4E module. A skin would be only a placeholder for the wrong version in an outdated model, I guess it makes no sense wasting time in those when ED is busy with lots of new stuff plenty of bugs in the need of fleshing out.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Current IA F-14 would be a waste of time to skin with a full module incoming. F-4 version IIRC isn't the correct one, either current IA nor F-4E module. A skin would be only a placeholder for the wrong version in an outdated model, I guess it makes no sense wasting time in those when ED is busy with lots of new stuff plenty of bugs in the need of fleshing out.

As i said above: There are other aircraft already available for Iran without any iranian liveries (e.g. the Su-24M). I don't understand why this is not the case with the F-14 and F-4.

Tornado3 small.jpg

As i said above: There are other aircraft already available for Iran without any iranian liveries (e.g. the Su-24M). I don't understand why this is not the case with the F-14 and F-4.
Obviously those are needed. But it's true with regards to most representative fighters Tomcat and F-4 are needed as well. Just, only a skin wouldn't make it IMO without a new 3D model.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Obviously those are needed. But it's true with regards to most representative fighters Tomcat and F-4 are needed as well. Just, only a skin wouldn't make it IMO without a new 3D model.

It doesn't even need a skin (although it would be nice to have one). They should just be made available for the iranian side as they are, just like the Su-24M.

Tornado3 small.jpg

And it's only two lines in a file I think ;)

Exactly. I don't understand why this hasn't happened yet :huh:

Tornado3 small.jpg

That will be nice to see Hussainb72. Any word from ED on getting systems like the SA-5 or Rapier?

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...

So, since the development of F-4 has been put on hold, we really need the current AI F-4 to be made available for the Iranian side!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

• F-14A added to Iran.
  • Added units to Oman and UAE.
  • Added to Iran missed earlier SA-10 CP 54K6.

Finally, thank you ED!!! :thumbup:

Now please do the same with the F-4 and I'm happy smile.gif

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Finally, thank you ED!!! :thumbup:

Now please do the same with the F-4 and I'm happy smile.gif

Personally waiting for the SA-15//Tor system to be added to the Iranian air defences. Shipments have been delivered to them from 2005-onwards.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

please check this !

Iranian Fleet Skins :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216906

Edited by sadjad-vosoul

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

• 1 month later...

And thanks once again ED!!! :thumbup:

DCS World

• ME. Added C-130 and F-4E to Iran.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yessss very awesome! :worthy:Would be grand to also get the Tor system in there

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Your art work is worth DCS

@sadjad-vosoul

Did you ever consider getting in touch with ED to include these within core game for Iran units?

NineLine said:

"There has been and some still requested user skins added to the sim. By all means, if an artist feels their skins are worthy of being in the sim, they should send a PM to the likes of Chizh on the forums and point them out."

I think your work is worth putting in the game core files.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta