Idle Detent and starting engines solution

Hey guys. For those that are wondering the solution to doing this for who are using the TM here is the script you wanna use.

MapKey(&Throttle, IDLELON, PULSE+R_ALT+END);//CUT LEFT ENGINE

MapKeyR(&Throttle, IDLELON, PULSE+R_ALT+HOME);//IDLE LEFT ENGINE

MapKey(&Throttle, IDLERON, PULSE+R_SHIFT+END);//CUT RIGHT ENGINE

MapKeyR(&Throttle, IDLERON, PULSE+R_SHIFT+HOME);//IDLE RIGHT ENGINE

• 1 month later...
You can bind the engine idle/cut off in game without any scripts with the TM Warthog...

The options are called "Throttle (Right)(Left) - OFF/IDLE".

Interesting... Doesn't work like this for me, though I thought it would. I can choose to do either Throttle OFF (Right or Left) or Throttle IDLE (Right or Left) but when I use Throttle (Right or Left) OFF/IDLE, I get neither OFF nor IDLE. I seem to get no action at all. It seems like it wants to be 4 independent mappings for me but I just want it to work, as I imagine the real airplane does, when the APU cranks to 20%, and I lift the appropriate power lever into the idle detent, the engine would spool up to idle. Can't seem to make it do that for now unless the OP describes how to use his "scripts".

Interesting... Doesn't work like this for me, though I thought it would. I can choose to do either Throttle OFF (Right or Left) or Throttle IDLE (Right or Left) but when I use Throttle (Right or Left) OFF/IDLE, I get neither OFF nor IDLE. I seem to get no action at all. It seems like it wants to be 4 independent mappings for me but I just want it to work, as I imagine the real airplane does, when the APU cranks to 20%, and I lift the appropriate power lever into the idle detent, the engine would spool up to idle. Can't seem to make it do that for now unless the OP describes how to use his "scripts".

OK, Throttle (Right or Left) OFF/IDLE does actually work, it's just not obvious how you go from IDLE cutoff into idle when cranking the APU past 20%. I thought you'd start from the cutoff position because (theoretically) that's where you left the power levers when you last shut down. It turns out that in order to actuate the IDLE command, it's actually easier to start with the power lever forward of the cutoff position, then pull it aft into the cutoff position, THEN move it forward to IDLE and that engine will then spool up to idle normally. As long as I don't have to touch the keyboard, that's good enough..