F/A-18C Carrier Landing/Recovery: Pro Tips wanted

This looked like the best thread to ask this but sorry if I missed it elsewhere. Am I the only one having trouble initially catching the e Bracket?

All my checkpoints are good until I am at 800 and 250 and drop the gear and flaps. The E appears way high on my hud. If I chase it by nose up trim AoA gets too high and when it does come down it just drops fast. Same thing if I drop throttle. When I do find a happy balance it seems that I get stable on the E bracket when at 400 feet instead of 600. It may just be a practice thing But if anyone has a few tips on that initial moment when you just drop the gear and flaps and go for the E I would appreciate it.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5X- MB: Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX - RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s - HARD DRIVE: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5 - Corsair CX Series, CX750

As your slowing with gear and full flaps down E bracket showing in HUD. Bring the power back on to around 80 % when your speed gets to around 170 at the same time put about 1 sec of up trim in. Now catch the speed with the throttle and dont let it drop less than 130. Finish triming once wings level in the downwind. Once the E brack is centered you now only controlling heigth with the throttle and only trim pitch for aoa. Think of it as more of a hover with the throttle.:D

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Use pitch input to prevent initial pitch up and hold velocity vector on horizon.

Add power to establish 140-160kts depending on mass (that's 4 AoA - aircraft is already trimmed for that AoA).

Decrease speed for landing AoA and trim out stick force.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

Is there a program design for DCS for vLSO calls and grading?

In this video link is vLSO application for FXS/P3D sim.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Thank you all for those tips! It seems to be getting better. Now on to the next step!

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5X- MB: Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX - RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s - HARD DRIVE: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5 - Corsair CX Series, CX750

The E appears way high on my hud. If I chase it by nose up trim AoA gets too high and when it does come down it just drops fast. Same thing if I drop throttle. When I do find a happy balance it seems that I get stable on the E bracket when at 400 feet instead of 600. It may just be a practice thing But if anyone has a few tips on that initial moment when you just drop the gear and flaps and go for the E I would appreciate it.

I find throttling down faster if I first pitch up to the bracket. Then I loose altitude fast. rather thank slight pitch down or wait for the e bracket to lower.

with slightly pitch up force my throttle response is fast/noticeable

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27