Landing practice training mission?

Nascar

Any way to restart the training missions without listening to the instructions? I would like to practice with those glide path gates but having to sit through the lesson every time is frustrating.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Thanks for the help

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

• 2 years later...
On 6/3/2018 at 2:55 AM, Nascar said:

Any way to restart the training missions without listening to the instructions? I would like to practice with those glide path gates but having to sit through the lesson every time is frustrating.

I always found those gates to be distracting, whenever I tried to follow them I just mucked it up 😛 (maybe not the straight-in glides, but breaks etc.)

First become an aviator, then become a terminator

18 hours ago, CBStu said:

For this reason I quit using the training missions a long time ago. Also you get a whole paragraph of text and then it disappears. I can't memorize that much text and you can't go back to it.

Yep, 'press spacebar to continue' to remove text should be standard on all missions, and/or a key to bring up the last message again. Some modules' TMs are better organised than others, that's for sure. New users are baffled by the many different standards applied in the TMs.

You can press pause, but that doesn't allow any investigating instruments, etc.  Active pause does, but unfortunately, the disappearing text continues in it as well.  Freezing the text in Active Pause would largely resolve the issue.

• Thanks 2

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I know this thread is old, but got out of DCS for a bit. The simplest way i'Ve found when i wanna used an existing mission and get rid of all the chitchat etc, is simply open the mission in the Mission Editor, take off all the unwanted Triggers with the text etc and what i don't want and save it in my Mission Folder and use this to practicwe what so ever.

Edited by Doum76