F18C NO CV Launch in VERY high winds

riboyster

Hey guys, wanted to report a bug/query if it's normal.

Conditions are winter heavy snow and clouds, Hornet won't launch from catapult. I'm on the inboard port catapult just ahead of the trap. Not sure if the weather conditions are preventing the launch.

Any ideas?

Edit: Restarted the mission. Now I am completely unable to even taxi around on the deck.

Edited by riboyster

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

Hello fellow pilot.

Seen on other posts that press "U" key and it will automatically connect launch bar with catapult shuttle. But that is not the case, I have the same problem. Looking at some of the early access videos, I think its because it's a feature they have not put into the module yet. I think.

Hello fellow pilot.

Seen on other posts that press "U" key and it will automatically connect launch bar with catapult shuttle. But that is not the case, I have the same problem. Looking at some of the early access videos, I think its because it's a feature they have not put into the module yet. I think.

You have to drive up to the catapult first, make sure you're still behind it or directly on it, dont be ahead of it. Put the launch bar down to extend and press U, then it should hook you up.

Hey guys, wanted to report a bug/query if it's normal.

Conditions are winter heavy snow and clouds, Hornet won't launch from catapult. I'm on the inboard port catapult just ahead of the trap. Not sure if the weather conditions are preventing the launch.

Any ideas?

Edit: Restarted the mission. Now I am completely unable to even taxi around on the deck.

Ive experienced similar. In winter sandbox, -2c, I couldnt even move from the parking. (parking break was released, and for catapult launches, I was hook up, U).

I went trough a lot of stuff that day, after that, to make sure it wasnt anything local, but it ended up confusing the hell out of me, cause I couldnt find a pattern. Even in summer, Id sometimes not get launched of the carrier. And in winter, on the carrier, Id often not be able to ignite the burners. Just all kind of stuff, when I went trough different scenarios.

So I ended up just making them land based.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Ive experienced similar. In winter sandbox, -2c, I couldnt even move from the parking. (parking break was released, and for catapult launches, I was hook up, U).

I went trough a lot of stuff that day, after that, to make sure it wasnt anything local, but it ended up confusing the hell out of me, cause I couldnt find a pattern. Even in summer, Id sometimes not get launched of the carrier. And in winter, on the carrier, Id often not be able to ignite the burners. Just all kind of stuff, when I went trough different scenarios.

So I ended up just making them land based.

Yep, exactly what I've been experiencing. No burners on the carrier was so consistent that I've actually started believing that it's a function of the jet. Everything works fine on the field, but my wheels are apparently just frozen to the deck of the CVN. Good to know its reproduceable though, thanks for the heads up.

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

• ED Team

use the finger lifts on the throttles so you can use your afterburner.

when you have weight on wheels and the launch bar is down or field bypass is set to carrier you need to use finger lifts to allow the throttle to go 100%

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
use the finger lifts on the throttles so you can use your afterburner.

when you have weight on wheels and the launch bar is down or field bypass is set to carrier you need to use finger lifts to allow the throttle to go 100%

Correct. We'll also probably add the ability to push through to simulate the option of forcing with 32 lbs.

I've noticed that if temperature is set too low (below 7C specifically) that the carrier turns into quicksand. Can't launch and can't taxi.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.