An Apology is in Order

Guest sgalbincea

Guest sgalbincea

About a year ago, I copied several videos off of the internet and re-badged them with my own credits. I cannot now say what prompted me to do that at the time, but it was a grave mistake, and for that mistake I am truly sorry. These things happened at a time in my life when I was simply looking for attention, looking to be recognized as good at something besides fixing folks computer problems. I was under a lot of stress at work as well as at home.

You see, I haven't had the best luck with my children these past two years. I almost lost my daughter around the time that I posted these videos from an infection in her brain. She barely survived and we still do not know the ramifications of that illness. My son Noah only lived with us for 39 days before he passed away in my arms in the middle of the night - for no apparent reason at all.

It is my worst fear that they will say that I smothered him.

I say these things not for sympathy, not as an excuse, but to let you know a little bit about who I am. I am a Christian first and foremost. I posted these things before truly taking that covenant seriously and honestly had not thought about those videos in a long while. They, and what I did, do not represent the person that I am today. I am a God fearing man who loves his family more than life itself, and I hate the way that all of this has made me feel. I thank the community for bringing this to my attention so that I could rectify the situation and set the record straight here once and for all. I have been active in this community for awhile now and have had really good relations with the folks I have met here. LOMAC is a terrific game, and I really enjoy it. It would not be that way without the community.

I read on here that I stated on my blog that I was a helicopter pilot, this is not the case to my knowledge. I am an insulin dependent diabetic and it is extremely difficult to gain aviation credentials with the health problems I have.

I have removed the entire blog for the time being because it needs to be re-thought out and thoroughly cleansed of everything I used to be but am not anymore. I respect that the community was angry, and did take the time to read all comments and emails posted, as that was the least that I could do, before throwing it all away.

Loc, Dob, and whoever else I wronged with this selfish act, please accept my most sincerest apology for these actions. I was wrong, and I can assure you that this will not happen again.

I am not a loser, I am not a bad person, I am not a jerk. I am a fallible man who made some bad choices at a difficult time in my life, and I have learned my lesson.

Rugg, I appreciate your discretion and tact in bringing this to my attention, as well as your sympathy for my son. He is in heaven awaiting my arrival, and that is all that keeps me breathing every day.

To the community as a whole: Thank you for helping me understand an important lesson and keep up the good work you do for all who are in love with flying.

Sincerely and honestly,

Stephen J. Galbincea

Your apology is appreciated. (At least for me, but i hope by the rest of the community as well.)

And thank you for removing the Blog.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Respectfully:

I cant judge for your personal life you claim to have (and dont take this personaly) but I dont know your actions other than those that were exposed in the last few days. I learned not to take granted what people say about themselves over the internet, its just not a reliable mean to get to know somebody. In my personal view, I find highly contradictory that a man you say you are fits in the profile of the one who takes credit of others people art work. Its like oil and water to me, then again I never quite understood the full extent of human behaviour quirks (despite my almost dialy personal curiosity torwards that) hence Im obliged to have a degree of uncertainty. Right or wrong Im always suspicious of such contrasting behaviours by instint and cant avoid but being repeled by such types.

I have no way to give you the confortable sensation that its 100% ok now, because I also think it shouldnt be based on feelings of petty you try to convein here due to the reasons above.

You already rectified the situation with LCosta's movies, so for the better of all of us lets just move on, lets keep at that. As far as you are concerned, you should be more worried about those who surround you rather than your reputation on the internet. Is that realy what matters?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I apology because I was also kind of hard in my response on youtube and I didn’t knew about your problems at that time and I do understand now that these strange actions were a result of these problems without the intention to attack our community.

Anyway you proved your integrity by correcting the error.

Anyhow, you live in a wonderful country and you also do love (military) aviation and you have a secure job (I am in IT myself: ITC work/development stinks but anyway it is good money)

Thus look forward and forget about the incident! (I mean take it as a lesson for the feature)

Apology accepted,

TS.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Yes, admiting and apologizing takes a good man.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Hi, Stephen

Just to say thank you to appology for what you have done and to have deleted the movies.

Don't worry, for me it's forgotten, cause it's very rare to see people admit their mistakes in public. :smilewink:

Dobberman

About a year ago, I copied several videos off of the internet and re-badged them with my own credits. I cannot now say what prompted me to do that at the time, but it was a grave mistake, and for that mistake I am truly sorry. These things happened at a time in my life when I was simply looking for attention, looking to be recognized as good at something besides fixing folks computer problems. I was under a lot of stress at work as well as at home.

You see, I haven't had the best luck with my children these past two years. I almost lost my daughter around the time that I posted these videos from an infection in her brain. She barely survived and we still do not know the ramifications of that illness. My son Noah only lived with us for 39 days before he passed away in my arms in the middle of the night - for no apparent reason at all.

It is my worst fear that they will say that I smothered him.

I say these things not for sympathy, not as an excuse, but to let you know a little bit about who I am. I am a Christian first and foremost. I posted these things before truly taking that covenant seriously and honestly had not thought about those videos in a long while. They, and what I did, do not represent the person that I am today. I am a God fearing man who loves his family more than life itself, and I hate the way that all of this has made me feel. I thank the community for bringing this to my attention so that I could rectify the situation and set the record straight here once and for all. I have been active in this community for awhile now and have had really good relations with the folks I have met here. LOMAC is a terrific game, and I really enjoy it. It would not be that way without the community.

I read on here that I stated on my blog that I was a helicopter pilot, this is not the case to my knowledge. I am an insulin dependent diabetic and it is extremely difficult to gain aviation credentials with the health problems I have.

I have removed the entire blog for the time being because it needs to be re-thought out and thoroughly cleansed of everything I used to be but am not anymore. I respect that the community was angry, and did take the time to read all comments and emails posted, as that was the least that I could do, before throwing it all away.

Loc, Dob, and whoever else I wronged with this selfish act, please accept my most sincerest apology for these actions. I was wrong, and I can assure you that this will not happen again.

I am not a loser, I am not a bad person, I am not a jerk. I am a fallible man who made some bad choices at a difficult time in my life, and I have learned my lesson.

Rugg, I appreciate your discretion and tact in bringing this to my attention, as well as your sympathy for my son. He is in heaven awaiting my arrival, and that is all that keeps me breathing every day.

To the community as a whole: Thank you for helping me understand an important lesson and keep up the good work you do for all who are in love with flying.

Sincerely and honestly,

Stephen J. Galbincea

"IF" this is an honest apology. I hope that the weight lifts from your shoulders and you move forward in your life.

I'm sorry to hear about your trouble.. I looks at least to me that you are sincere about this .. So as far as I'm concerned its Ok...

Then again I wasn't actually affected by this personally...

But it has given the community some concern, and I'm betting that its going to take some time for the wounds to heal all the way around..

God Bless

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

The reason they said that is because people thought you were me... Since you used the same call sign on the vid as I use here. I am the pilot guy, so you remember correctly. :)

Probably not the easiest thing to say, on any given day.

sigzk5.jpg

Stephen didn't just disappear though, even though it would have been easy for him to do. Thanks for coming here to apologize, Stephen, and I too am sorry for your loss.

He couldnt disapear if the community realy wanted to. At least one menber of it knows his phone number and potentialy where he lives.

An apoligy was the correct thing to do but wished it wasnt in these circunstances. His alleged family tragedies were not called into this issue, no one was going to hang him, so I dont see the purpose for calling this matter into the table.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I am very surprise that someone who can do something bad like that can apology after (because internet and anonymity).

Thank's for this .

ps: sorry for my bad english ...

Gigabyte P35 DS3L - Core2Duo 8400 @ 3600mgz - 2*2 giga dual Corsair Dominator - Palit HD4870 512mo - WD Sata 2 Caviar 500 & 320 giga & Raptor 150 giga- XP pro et Windows 7 64

Hotas Warthog - Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - Track Ir 5

sgalbincea,

What you did by your post is quite surprising as others said "because internet and anonymity". It realy takes some courage to apologize publicly after making that kind of mistake.

But, the whole chain of events actualy proved beneficial. The comunity learned how united can be, a man learned a leason about one of his mistakes and all of us here learned (hopefully I did :) ) that we could quickly cut in the flesh of a fellow man and then realise he wasn't the moster enemy he looked in the first picture. Because we all do big mistakes.

I hope sun will rise on your street again and better days you will have. And the attention we all seek... well, sometimes is good enough just to give :smilewink: .

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Sgalbincea,

I was totally unaware of this situation, until reading your apology. My hopes for you are that the pain that you've suffered and are suffering will subside.

There is definately a lesson here. One's internet connection, seemingly a great venue for anonymous acts, remains only one source in a connected community. As long as the connection remains intact, it leads back to the source. Obviously, others beside the authors of your plagerised content were affected by your actions. I beleive your intent was not to harm anyone, but instead, as you confessed, a cry for attention. Unfortunately, the attention you sought was given, it just wasn't positive. I respect your admission and your attempt to make amends. No one is perfect, and the truth is usually made evident with time. Forgive yourself and the rest will take care of itself.

Zaelu's last comment were words of wisdom.

• Like 1