Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

@ Dehuman:

The missions that work for you are smaller miz files in size. Maybe that's why. Try to reduce your graphics settings and see what happens.

After much experimenting I figured it out.

It was the Dynamic Mission Briefing page from kneeboard builder that wasn't playing nicely

2019-01-01 07:01:11.615 ERROR Lua::Config: load error E:\Saved Games\DCS\KNEEBOARD/001-missionbriefing-002.lua:table overflow.

Looks like the C-101CC is getting more love than the Hawk back in the day. I'll try and add it to more missions and offer more slots if possible.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

maybe a more light-striker focussed mission ? ;)

Here are the missions where you can go striking in the L-39/C-101:

- Phone Booth (I once destroyed all units at Beslan in the L-39. Took me 3 sorties to do so)

- When The Mountains Cry

- Elbrus (for the L-39 the enemy factory structures. For the C-101 the outpost at the Inguri river. The FARP's are heavily defended so no)

- Five Points (at least Gelendzhik and Novorossiysk)

- Ossetia (the water station and the TV station for the C-101)

That's 5 missions, where you can do some striking in the trainers. The C-101 still needs to be added to Elbrus and Ossetia.

In the future, now that we have more and more avid trainer pilots, I'll put some easy TA's out there for them and helicopters only.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

all good sir, the missions and the server develop pretty good! :thumbup:

i just meant a mission built around those little strikers, but i believe there are just too few pilots using them

hmmm maybe a tournament would be a solution? :music_whistling:

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Unsuccessful in joining server... keep getting "Server Offline" when I type url in multiplayer. When is server typically online?

Generally 24/7 unless Alpenwolf is doing maintanence. Highly reliable server. It was up this morning in the US, as well as this evening. (And the rest of the day I’m sure, those were just the times I personally looked.)

Here is the link to see what servers are running. If you see it there and you can’t join the issue is probably on your end. As Dehuman said server is on open beta.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

One question about the mission "When the mountains cry":

Is there a heli pad around the neutral lake (WP 5)? The instructions say that there is a single landing pad at each lake.

Yesterday I could not find one. Then I dropped the troops somewhere around the shore but nothing happend.

Thanks.

Win10Pro, i7-4770K, 32GB, RTX-2070S OC, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC Mongoos T-50CM2, Warthog Throttles, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

One question about the mission "When the mountains cry":

Is there a heli pad around the neutral lake (WP 5)? The instructions say that there is a single landing pad at each lake.

Yesterday I could not find one. Then I dropped the troops somewhere around the shore but nothing happend.

Thanks.

There used to be one. Red and Blue should fight over it and see who gets to send his troops in first. Then I took it out due to scripting issues and apparantly forgot to change the briefing text accordingly. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll try and fix that or just erase the text once back home. Still away on vacation. Be back soon though :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Having practiced enough with my MiG-21 to feel confident taking it out online, I was really looking forward to actually playing on this server. However, I couldn't join because my ping was too high. I have excellent quality internet and no lag issues on other DCS servers or indeed other online games. I assume my ping being too high is simply due to the server being hosted in a different continent to me? I'm in Europe.

Just wondering if there's anything I can do, or if maybe the server ping limits are a bit too draconian?

Edited by VC

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

There are some issues with pings displayed in the server lobby.

Usually refreshing or restarting a couple of times leads to the ping dropping to relistic and unrestricted levels.

IIRC, the server is at US east coast, I'm in central Europe and my ping to it is usually 130-160, so no problem.

There are some issues with pings displayed in the server lobby.

Usually refreshing or restarting a couple of times leads to the ping dropping to relistic and unrestricted levels.

IIRC, the server is at US east coast, I'm in central Europe and my ping to it is usually 130-160, so no problem.

Thanks, I'll have another go tomorrow probably. Yet another little frustration to the DCS MP experience but good to know there's a way around :)

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

The C-101 was added to more missions: Phone Booth and Ossetia, plus more slots in the mission When The Mountains Cry.

When The Mountains Cry update:

The 9th lake, the neutral lake, has now two helipads. One is Red, marked by red smoke, and one is Blue, marked by blue smoke.

To capture it, Mi-8's/UH-1's would need to land their troops at the enemy's heliport. To recapture it, kill the enemy's troops first, then deploy yours. You can deploy Shilkas/Vulcans to help defend it well.

The briefing in the mission was updated accordingly.

Enjoy!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Is the C-101's damage model fixed yet? Last I checked it was like this...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Pfffffffff, oh man. That sucks!

I'm not gonna delete all the C-101's from all the missions to add them one week later should they release a fix to that. Especially after assigning waypoints and setting up parameters, etc. These tiny little things are every mission designer's nightmare... Please, be patient and hope for the developers to do something real QUICK!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Alpenwolf, will you add missions that allow the 19 to be more competitive? All aspect missiles changed tactics a lot at the end of the Cold War. The Mig 19 would have a much better time when you don't allow all aspect missiles for some missions.

To be honest i think that limiting the missiles to rear aspect only would be more fun even without the 19. In F-5 and Mig 21 most of my hits were scored undetected in a high aspect scenario. Not much turning involved. Limiting the missiles would produce more turn fights and the need for using the gun. -> more fun!

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Alpenwolf, will you add missions that allow the 19 to be more competitive? All aspect missiles changed tactics a lot at the end of the Cold War. The Mig 19 would have a much better time when you don't allow all aspect missiles for some missions.

To be honest i think that limiting the missiles to rear aspect only would be more fun even without the 19. In F-5 and Mig 21 most of my hits were scored undetected in a high aspect scenario. Not much turning involved. Limiting the missiles would produce more turn fights and the need for using the gun. -> more fun!

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Are all the modules involved in my missions able to carry rear aspect missiles? I thought the Harrier for example can only mount Aim-9m's. I don't own the module, but that's what I was told about it. I don't own the Viggen, nor the F-5 so I can only rely on what those who do tell me.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I dont know how its with Harrier&A10 but all other planes have rear aspect and most have also all aspect missiles.

some like L39 have only rear aspect ones (also R60 which L39ZA can equip isn't all aspect - I never got lock form front hemisfere while flying L39 but its not as shit as R3s).

It would be fun to fly with only rear aspect missiles:

like MIG 21 - R3S; K13&K13Ms

L39 - r60s

Viggen -RB24and 24Js (RB74s removed)

F5 - I dont have it but all aspect sidewinders ( starting L model)could be removed

I also dont have the harrier, SU25 or A10 so dont know if they can equip rear aspect sidewinders. If no than keeping in mind that those types being air to ground platforms could have the missiles completly removed (at least on the maps with Mig 19s)

F5 - I dont have it but all aspect sidewinders ( starting L model)could be removed

The F-5 doesn't even have the L model. The best Sidewinder for the F-5 is the AIM-9P5. ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg