Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Those missiles should be rear aspect onnly AFAIK and not be able to lock at front aspect. Sounds like a aircraft/weapon bug, rather than a mission design flaw.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Those missiles should be rear aspect onnly AFAIK and not be able to lock at front aspect. Sounds like a aircraft/weapon bug, rather than a mission design flaw.

It doesn't matter if it's a bug or not. The current state of the things is that MiG-21 and MiG-19 are able to get a lock on front aspect, while F-5 with AIM-9 P can't.

If things in future changes, then the mission should adapt along side with the new state of things.

It doesn't matter if it's a bug or not. The current state of the things is that MiG-21 and MiG-19 are able to get a lock on front aspect, while F-5 with AIM-9 P can't.

If things in future changes, then the mission should adapt along side with the new state of things.

So pop flares preemptively if you're in an F-5. The viggen has it harder, since it doesn't have internal flares. I don't mind, though, as a viggen pilot...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Hello, just a quick question. When restrictions are on, why are AIM-9P5 banned while R3-S and K-13A, able to lock in front aspect, are available?

here's an example with the MiG-19

timestamp at 0:55

The MiG-19 and the L-39 can only fire those missiles. If I take them out I probabaly should erase the planes as well. MiG-19 pilots would be pissed off. More than F-5 pilots having to deal with "all"-aspect missiles. And by the way, the same missiles carried by the L-39 are rear-aspect ONLY as it's supposed to be. Why? Because the developers of the same missiles are not the same. I fly the L-39 quite often and I never got a tone head on. Never. Looks like RAZBAM needs to fix that for the MiG-19 while ED did well for the L-39.

Joined as GCI last night Alpen and I could only hear the opposition on SRS

By the oppostion, you mean Blue? We all know Blue use GCI more often due to language issues. If only Red would try. Just try...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hi

Can I get lotatc password, so I can awacs for my friends. The npc awacs is excellent at telling totally useless information :)

LotATC currently doesn't work...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

h.mm.. ok, is there a plan to get it back up and running? Or is it depending on not this server related things?

Trying hard...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Can you please do something for runway bombing?

There's this player named CAT something that comes to bomb the runway, die, rinse and repeat. blocking the server for hours since we need to wait for a restart. This is getting ridiculous.

Why doesn't he play in PVE servers if he wants to bomb runways. He just blocked Queshm Airfield. both taxi destroyed, runway cratered and MiG-21 don't even have flares or fuel tanks...

PC : i7 7700K | NVIDIA 2070 Super | 32GB RAM 3000MHz

Modules : FC3 | Bf 109K-4 Kurfurst | F-5E-3 Tiger II | A-10C Worthog | MiG-21Bis Fishbed | UH-1H Huey | Combined Arms | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C Hornet | Ka-50 | F-14A&B Tomcat! | L-39 | Mi-8MTV | Persian Gulf | F-86F | MiG-15 | AV-8B N/A | M-2000C | P-51D | F-16C | Yak-52 | Nevada | SA342 | NS430 | JF-17

Virpil WarBRD | Virpil VFX Grip

Can you please do something for runway bombing?

There's this player named CAT something that comes to bomb the runway, die, rinse and repeat. blocking the server for hours since we need to wait for a restart. This is getting ridiculous.

Why doesn't he play in PVE servers if he wants to bomb runways. He just blocked Queshm Airfield. both taxi destroyed, runway cratered and MiG-21 don't even have flares or fuel tanks...

There are no official rules against this. It is allowed, however players seem to have a mutual agreement on not doing so. This guy seems to be the exception. I know him too. I could ask him if I catch him...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

There are no official rules against this.

It's not about rules, it's about denying the other team to play. He's basically making every Red player leave. If it's the only airport the server will be dead for the next hours until restart. The other day he did that as soon as the server restarted, making the server basically dead.

PC : i7 7700K | NVIDIA 2070 Super | 32GB RAM 3000MHz

Modules : FC3 | Bf 109K-4 Kurfurst | F-5E-3 Tiger II | A-10C Worthog | MiG-21Bis Fishbed | UH-1H Huey | Combined Arms | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C Hornet | Ka-50 | F-14A&B Tomcat! | L-39 | Mi-8MTV | Persian Gulf | F-86F | MiG-15 | AV-8B N/A | M-2000C | P-51D | F-16C | Yak-52 | Nevada | SA342 | NS430 | JF-17

Virpil WarBRD | Virpil VFX Grip

It's not about rules, it's about denying the other team to play. He's basically making every Red player leave. If it's the only airport the server will be dead for the next hours until restart. The other day he did that as soon as the server restarted, making the server basically dead.

Spoke to him about an hour ago. We'll see what happens...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Maybe you could add more AAA and some prespawned AI fighters that fly around the base to protect it. There is a MOOSE script that automatically sends the AI towards bandits within a certain range, when a radar system sees them.

I would also like to see more AAA around the AO to make low level flights more dangerous.

Server News:

Currently we have 20,73 Euros in the server's PayPal account. Unfortunately no dontaions in Oktober. The server will run until the end of November, and if we don't get some money together I will have to shut it down. It runs as long as you guys keep it up. I chip in 20 Euros per month, the rest is on you.

Bless every donation so far and some players have been very consistent :thumbup:

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Currently we have 20,73 Euros in the server's PayPal account. Unfortunately no dontaions in Oktober. The server will run until the end of November, and if we don't get some money together I will have to shut it down. It runs as long as you guys keep it up. I chip in 20 Euros per month, the rest is on you.

Bless every donation so far and some players have been very consistent :thumbup:

S!

So the players need to donate 20 €?

Supreme leader

So the players need to donate 20 €?

No. I donate 20 euros a month. The players should come up with 40-50 euros a month. If we could get 40-50 players to donate 1 euro a month constantly = problem solved. But it's only 4-5 players who have donated at least once while the rest just one time. However, they were very generous.

If I could burden myself with the full price I'd take care of it alone, but I'm saving money for real life things, so I can't.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

which is perfectly fine of course!

in my eyes the server should be supported and your efforts deserve some respect!

lets pay the respect with some euros!

i do my part and submit some money, i hope others will follow!!

I know you do. You always have :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The peoples Government of North Korea have made the decision to donate 5 €.

Hahaha... Your comments are always funny, buddy. Thanks for donating :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

S!

Hello guys,

I'm returning from an absent time, maybe 14 months, I guess...

I was online last Saturday in the server making a 2-0-0 with my F-5. Even after so long time I must say: that's the server that makes my investment in DCS worth every penny!

I can fly my F-5 or my MiG-15/19/21 with fun and challenge.

Let's keep this great server alive, donate guys!