Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Hi Alpen - Catch me if you can was running tonight. The two Reds (1x MiG15, 1x MiG21) said they couldn’t load any missiles. I don’t have any red fighters to verify and we ended up organizing a fun little impromptu 2v2 Guns only anyway but I told them I would pass it along...

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Hi Alpen - Catch me if you can was running tonight. The two Reds (1x MiG15, 1x MiG21) said they couldn’t load any missiles. I don’t have any red fighters to verify and we ended up organizing a fun little impromptu 2v2 Guns only anyway but I told them I would pass it along...

Can confirm. No AA missiles were available yesterday. The mission was the PG one.

Can confirm. No AA missiles were available yesterday. The mission was the PG one.

You know how it is, boys. ED releases an update, and I'll have to list the server to scuppers.

Will fix the missions in the upcoming 3-4 hours.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Server down or not updated?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Server down or not updated?

Not updated yet. Still fixing the warehouses in all missions after the latest update. Bear with me, please. Almost done.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Thank you Sir, that is all anyone can ask for. Another thing to be grateful for on Thanksgiving day.

Multiplayer as Variable

Will the voice chat be enabled ? Seems like it would fit perfectly the the server

I don’t see any reason to enable it until it as least close to as capable and realistic as the wonderful SRS.

Just to let you know, Phone Booth mission the harrier only has CAP 9M sidewinder missile... Basically training missile that does nothing. Could this be changed please

Per the briefing the AIM9M is restricted on that mission. Alpenwolf has stated he MiG21 / F5 are to be the primary air superiority aircraft on this server and having the best A2A missile hung from an attack aircraft would undermine that intent. If I recall correctly all the weapon restrictions came about earlier this year, if you go back in this thread you can see all the discussion .

Multiplayer as Variable

Ah makes sense, however, i have noticed on some missions (Mountains Cry) the harrier can only use TGM 65 maverick, training variant, no combat use.

Is this also intended? The A10 seems to have no limitations on that mission.

Whenever ED releases an update, it happens quite often that these updates screw up the warehouses. The latest update is the weirdest so far. I restarted the server yesterday and the warehouses are messed up again. Strange behaviour, so I'll have to fix it again.

... doing so right now...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Missions' Update:

- All missions are run with restricted weapons. Rear-aspect IR missiles, less available AG weapons, etc.

- The mission Supervision is back in the rotation.

- Is there a mission you guys would like me to remove from the rotation? If 3 players name the same mission, I'm taking that one out.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

So the viggen now has a top speed of Mach 2. :)))0509ad2c3f28afa99c579359e099d4d1.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

That's a funny one!

Yeah, well, as long as you Viggen pilots don't carry them gun pods we should be ok in a dogfight after you waste them missiles :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The gunpods are utterly useless tho

I once saw a youtube video of a Viggen pilot shooting down a MiG-21 with guns. Shortly after that he gunned a Ka-50. There I thought to myself, Why don't they all carry them pods?! I know the drag, and less missiles, etc. but I've had so many dogfights with Viggens just staying on my ass, because they're out of missiles and got no guns! They don't want to give me their six obviously or maybe hoping to make me do something stupid and crash. The first thing (among other vital things) I do when a Viggen is on my six, I look for a possible gun pod under his wings. Hard to see, I know, but I try. Quite often they fly very close on my six so I get to see that.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I once saw a youtube video of a Viggen pilot shooting down a MiG-21 with guns. Shortly after that he gunned a Ka-50. There I thought to myself, Why don't they all carry them pods?! I know the drag, and less missiles, etc. but I've had so many dogfights with Viggens just staying on my ass, because they're out of missiles and got no guns! They don't want to give me their six obviously or maybe hoping to make me do something stupid and crash. The first thing (among other vital things) I do when a Viggen is on my six, I look for a possible gun pod under his wings. Hard to see, I know, but I try. Quite often they fly very close on my six so I get to see that.
They could stay on your ass because there weren't any gun pods weighing them down :D

They're extremely heavy and draggy.

Ironic, isn't it? The reason we get into perfect gun solutions is that we don't have guns.