Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Actually just had an awesome high atl fight catching those b52s defended by a lone F5. It was great but clearly something I need more practice at .

It was a good fight; I was the F5. There was a Sabre around somewhere but I think he left before you got there.

I was actually blind on you after you got the second 52, then I got a BRAA call at 0 miles, looked to the left, and you overshot just off my wing. :shocking: Fight was on from there.

The F5 definitely isn't made for fighting at 40k feet.

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

beautiful evening as always happens flying on this server.

I report yesterday's flight:

complete flight with the 8 Kills on the Cold War server December 8th

4:10 Take Off

7:50 Flight in formation

13:56 High altitude interception - and series of close felling - 5 kill

33:10 Landing

39:00 Take Off

44:00 Merge

49:50 Merge

58:10 Merge

1:00:00 Merge

1:11:00 Landing without engine

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

That was a great sortie. You feel like the job's done!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

It to easy when you have tactical commander. But nice flying/fighting as always.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

It to easy when you have tactical commander. But nice flying/fighting as always.
Only at the last dogfight, did I get the tactical commander, otherwise just awaks.

In any case, thanks

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Edited by 2RGT Oberst

LIVE!

Agree that a competent Commander is a game changer.

Great flying with you all as always.

When today's session (The Desert Has Eyes) is done, would anyone be willing to post the TacView ACMI file? My local copy is corrupted.

Anyone? :)

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

Intel i7-9700k @ 5.0 GHz | GTX 3070 | 32 GB | HTC VIVE PRO 2
Virpil T50 CM2 base + CM2 grip | CM2 Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV

The MiG-19 and the L-39 can only fire those missiles. If I take them out I probabaly should erase the planes as well. MiG-19 pilots would be pissed off. More than F-5 pilots having to deal with "all"-aspect missiles. And by the way, the same missiles carried by the L-39 are rear-aspect ONLY as it's supposed to be. Why? Because the developers of the same missiles are not the same. I fly the L-39 quite often and I never got a tone head on. Never. Looks like RAZBAM needs to fix that for the MiG-19 while ED did well for the L-39.

Well, wasn't try to make an argument to remove the MiG-19, but rather what's the point of using restrictions at all, since in fact some planes can instad get a lock even in front aspect.

Try to think that from the POV of a new BLU player that while thinking that there are only rear aspct missiles in uses sees himself blown from front aspect while not capable of doing the same.

And the MiG-19 is not the only problem. So is the MiG-21 Bis with R-60 and R-13M.

The R-60's are rear-aspect only. However, they seem to get a tone from time to time when head-on, but that often. Especially when very close which in most cases too late for shooting a missile.

No, not from time to time and even from quite a range.

The tracking of both R-60 and R-13M seems off. Not only they are able to lock head on, it looks like that once the missile is locked (rear aspect, but also front aspect) and fired the missile will not lose track once the target turns head on:

YZeyxJU.png

nG1mMjm.png

3XVS8Eh.png

sN0FNQi.png

In conclusion:

RedFor has missiles that can lock and track head-on and with superior manouverablity.

BlueFor can't lock or track head-on and has superior speed and range.

Look, if you like the server this way that's completely fine to me. I just think that everyone shuold be aware of the fact that and the current weapon restricion achive rear-aspect-only just for BlueFor.

In my opinion the missions are unbalanced in favor of RedFor since max speed and max range is not really relevant for the typical engagments, not to mention 8 missiles vs 2, but anyone is free to differ.

I'll also link the TacView files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkn25ci6jeod83m/Missions.zip?dl=0

Interesting G-loads here, but this is more of a question to whomever has more info on G-limits and track-rate of this missile (R-60).

nG1mMjm.png

ICpRX0m.png

In conclusion:

RedFor has missiles that can lock and track head-on and with superior manouverablity.

BlueFor can't lock or track head-on and has superior speed and range.

Look, if you like the server this way that's completely fine to me. I just think that everyone shuold be aware of the fact that and the current weapon restricion achive rear-aspect-only just for BlueFor.

In my opinion the missions are unbalanced in favor of RedFor since max speed and max range is not really relevant for the typical engagments, not to mention 8 missiles vs 2, but anyone is free to differ.

I'll also link the TacView files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkn25ci6jeod83m/Missions.zip?dl=0

Interesting G-loads here, but this is more of a question to whomever has more info on G-limits and track-rate of this missile (R-60).

nG1mMjm.png

ICpRX0m.png

you make a relationship with the mig21 against a f5. But the blues also have the viggen which can carry 6 air-to-air missiles, besides, it can mount 4 RB75 (maverik) that once hooked the target is practically dead.

I flew several times in the blue and I didn't find any problems, every plane has its characteristic that must be exploited. Do you have the mig21? Do you know that his prerogative is to kill you once you get on board? The mig21 can carry 8 missiles .. but have you ever tried a dogfight with that load? It's a bison. Already with 6 you have to be careful, imagine with 8 ...

the blue have 2 excellent planes, while the red only one (for air) (F5 and viggen is also used against modern aircraft). if you want to compare, compare it all, agility, speed, missiles, module problems (the mig21 if you fly too fast with the afterburner, the engine turns off, so you have to be careful also about this thing, for a pump problem ...)

the server is balanced, @Alpenwolf, you did and you're doing a great job

we often fly with the L39 when the mission is not too long. that doesn't even have flares in addition to not being able to defend under 400kmh because it can't shoot. The pilots of the albatros, who have to say? :smilewink:

Edited by 2RGT Oberst

LIVE!

When the Viggen was at the drawing board. The mig 21 was dominating the skies and slaughtering those filthy Americans. Its better to keep it balanced then "real" aka total RED domination! So its good that the mig-21s does not have to best missiles. Otherwise it would be crying blue team all over the place.

Kim-Jong-Un.jpg?fit=1100%2C619&ssl=1&w=800

Supreme leader

Gentlemen!

Next week is Christmas.

I cannot tell and I cannot check if all of you flying on this server donated your share for this month.

From my point of view it would be a great gift for our host - Alpenwolf - if he'd get some money for all his efforts!

So please go and send money - you know it is invested in the right hands! ;)

Edited by dFlow

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Hi,

I have problem with fuel tank and I don't know how to solve it.

I can't add a fuel tank during an online Cold War 1947 - 1991. When i set loadout before my startup, i set Air-to-Air rocket, but I cant add fuel tank. I reinstalled the game and no fix. Two weeks ago i didnt have a problem.

Two screenshots:

https://zapodaj.net/849e1555fbda6.jpg.html

https://zapodaj.net/bb76d4a852a00.jpg.html

Please solve the problem.

Edited by otto77

Gentlemen!

Next week is Christmas.

I cannot tell and I cannot check if all of you flying on this server donated your share for this month.

From my point of view it would be a great gift for our host - Alpenwolf - if he'd get some money for all his efforts!

So please go and send money - you know it is invested in the right hands! ;)

Thanks, buddy. However, the money is invested in the server only! So you guys are not donating for me, but actually for keeping up the server :smilewink:

Not 1 cent is spent on anything else.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hi,

I have problem with fuel tank and I don't know how to solve it.

I can't add a fuel tank during an online Cold War 1947 - 1991. When i set loadout before my startup, i set Air-to-Air rocket, but I cant add fuel tank. I reinstalled the game and no fix. Two weeks ago i didnt have a problem.

Two screenshots:

https://zapodaj.net/849e1555fbda6.jpg.html

https://zapodaj.net/bb76d4a852a00.jpg.html

Please solve the problem.

Your game is fine, you don't need to reinstall anything. Sometimes the warehouses are messed up right after you update your game. ED updates can cause this issue from time to time. So Then I go back to the mission editor and start fixing that in every mission. And until I get to do that, hours or maybe days (due to personal issues in life) might elapse. Once done, all's back to normal.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Thanks, buddy. However, the money is invested in the server only! So you guys are not donating for me, but actually for keeping up the server :smilewink:

Not 1 cent is spent on anything else.

S!

sorry, I meant it exactly this way ! ;)

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Your game is fine, you don't need to reinstall anything. Sometimes the warehouses are messed up right after you update your game. ED updates can cause this issue from time to time. So Then I go back to the mission editor and start fixing that in every mission. And until I get to do that, hours or maybe days (due to personal issues in life) might elapse. Once done, all's back to normal.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Thank you for your reply and I will send a small dotation for keeping up the server:)

Edited by otto77

Curious if Patreon would be better

Probably the same or will be at some stage. They're all nice and convenient until they get the numbers and then they start charging you gradually.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments