Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Hey there, yesterday we where playing The Five Points mission and blue side guys where having issues to rearm in Anapa because it was neutral the airport, also the groun units we are suposed to destroy where not there, neither their SAM cover. Please take a look to it.

Fixed!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Russian MiG-21 Destroys Mujahideen Weapons Cache With Kh-66 Grom Missile

From Deputy Tootle's description of that very video:

DISCLAIMER

THIS IS FAKE, I MADE THIS USING DCS AND HITFILM, READ BEFORE COMMENTING.

According to a commenter " groms are only in dcs because a mig-21 varient (not the bis, but the PF) carried them along with the RS-2US, both requiring the RP-21 spinscan radar. where the bis has the RP-22"

Deputy Tootle's entire upload library is DCS made gun camera footage staged to simulate real-world scenarios.

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

From Deputy Tootle's description of that very video:

Deputy Tootle's entire upload library is DCS made gun camera footage staged to simulate real-world scenarios.

Thanks for the input :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

External view (spectator) is possible on Phone booth.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Mission Order

Are the missions currently running in a specific order or are they random?

If they are running in a specific order, can we just have a simple list of the missions in the order they run? It can be helpful when planning to play and planning how much time one is going to be playing for.

Thanks,

Are the missions currently running in a specific order or are they random?

If they are running in a specific order, can we just have a simple list of the missions in the order they run? It can be helpful when planning to play and planning how much time one is going to be playing for.

Thanks,

Good idea!

The thread's first and main post has been updated to meet your suggestion:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211361

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Could you add Sail Ahoy to the mission rotation? I feel like that's the most fun mission for the viggen given the anti-shipping objective.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Done!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Any plans to add tankers/tarawa to some missions where appropriate? Might make for a nice change in pace for the harrier.

Also, are the FARPs in current missions usable by harriers, or can only helos rearm/refuel at them, tried the otherday and wasn't able to.

Great server, thanks.

Any plans to add tankers/tarawa to some missions where appropriate? Might make for a nice change in pace for the harrier.

Also, are the FARPs in current missions usable by harriers, or can only helos rearm/refuel at them, tried the otherday and wasn't able to.

Great server, thanks.

If Harriers are able to rearm and refuel then good for them, and they're allowed to.

The Harriers' story is a long one. It shouldn't be here on the server in the first place as I many others would tell you. Various opinions from the players regarding this matter and various discussions through out this very thread here. I keep it limited and give those who fly it the chance to do so, but nothing more I'm afraid. Besides, and many Harrier pilots will hate me for this, once the F-4 arrives it might replace the Harrier in all the missions.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hey Alpen, just for in the future as a suggestion, can we have more themed missions which may not have all Cold War Aircraft. But have a story, with certain involved factions?

These can be realistic or fictional ones using various maps too. Like in Caucasus alone we could have a Vietnam or Korea themed Mission (I know there is a Korean server already so maybe). Or we could also have some fictional or semi fictional missions. Like a Japan vs China and NK mission in the Mariana Islands map, or an IIAF Iran vs UAE and/or Saudi Arabia turned rogue, or maybe even an Iran-Iraq war?

We could also make use of all those European factions like Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland vs Slovakia, Serbia and other East European factions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

If Harriers are able to rearm and refuel then good for them, and they're allowed to.

As one of the (occasional) Harrier drivers, I have used FARPS across several of the missions, although admittingly not all, and have never had a problem taking on fuel and ordnance. Except of course, you can't take much of either (not the fault of the mission/server, just weight limitations coming off a FARP pad).

Besides, and many Harrier pilots will hate me for this, once the F-4 arrives it might replace the Harrier in all the missions.

Despite the fact that I like using the Harrier as a striker and because the VSTOL is a fun novelty, I agree wholeheartedly that the aircraft is a bit of a shoehorn fit to this server, and if the F4 materializes I will fully embrace swapping the Harrier for old Double Ugly.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Hey Alpen, just for in the future as a suggestion, can we have more themed missions which may not have all Cold War Aircraft. But have a story, with certain involved factions?

These can be realistic or fictional ones using various maps too. Like in Caucasus alone we could have a Vietnam or Korea themed Mission (I know there is a Korean server already so maybe). Or we could also have some fictional or semi fictional missions. Like a Japan vs China and NK mission in the Mariana Islands map, or an IIAF Iran vs UAE and/or Saudi Arabia turned rogue, or maybe even an Iran-Iraq war?

We could also make use of all those European factions like Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland vs Slovakia, Serbia and other East European factions?

That's a lot of ideas :smilewink:

The Vietnam thing is my favourite, only waiting for the F-4 to arrive so we can have Blue attacking and performing SEAD missions just as it had been the case and hopefully other modules of that era will follow. Some were even announced last year so there is hope.

Iraq-Iran war would also feature the F-14 and the MiG-29 as the backbone of their air forces accordingly. In addition you'd need the MiG-23, the MiG-25 and again the F-4 among other modules but these would be the main ones.

Currently working on a mission where I'm also trying to include 2 x MiG-29A's and 2 x M2000's but in a way where objectives have to be accomplished first to earn that. So still working on implementing a scenario that would make sense do so. And this mission I'm working on has a small number of the available aircraft. Hope it'll be ready this week. Next one at the latest.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

In Ossetia, the Mi-8s are not able to order up AA crates from the spawn points like they used to. The message "You are not close enough to friendly logistics to get a crate!" is returned when you try to get a crate from the CTLD menu.

Update: Blue is reporting in chat that their ground crew menu is not working, so they cannot get airborne in the F-5. Maybe something's bugged in the mission. Previous mission (Five Points) worked fine.

Edited by Brown Floyd

That's a lot of ideas :smilewink:

The Vietnam thing is my favourite, only waiting for the F-4 to arrive so we can have Blue attacking and performing SEAD missions just as it had been the case and hopefully other modules of that era will follow. Some were even announced last year so there is hope.

The F-8 (by Mag3) appears to be a real thing, so that will fit perfectly to Vietnam. We also have the most excellent A-4E community mod. Can that be included? I’d love to fly it online.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

The Harriers' story is a long one. It shouldn't be here on the server in the first place as I many others would tell you. Various opinions from the players regarding this matter and various discussions through out this very thread here. I keep it limited and give those who fly it the chance to do so, but nothing more I'm afraid. Besides, and many Harrier pilots will hate me for this, once the F-4 arrives it might replace the Harrier in all the missions.

S!

I do love the Harrier, but it was more than a little OP with four AIM9M. Perhaps when the Razbam Harrier FRS1 appears that could have a place on the server.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Iraq-Iran war would also feature the F-14 and the MiG-29 as the backbone of their air forces accordingly. In addition you'd need the MiG-23, the MiG-25 and again the F-4 among other modules but these would be the main ones.

For Iran - Iraq war, you could make a fictional IIAF vs Iraq war set in the early to mid 60s with mainly Iranian F-86s, F-5s and F-4s vs Iraqi Mig-19, Mig-21s, Mig-15s. We also have Mirage F-1 and Mirage III coming up from AvioDev and RAZBAM soon, that can also open up to new things!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

In Ossetia, the Mi-8s are not able to order up AA crates from the spawn points like they used to. The message "You are not close enough to friendly logistics to get a crate!" is returned when you try to get a crate from the CTLD menu.

Update: Blue is reporting in chat that their ground crew menu is not working, so they cannot get airborne in the F-5. Maybe something's bugged in the mission. Previous mission (Five Points) worked fine.

Thanks for reporting! That helps a lot :thumbup:

Fixed!

The F-8 (by Mag3) appears to be a real thing, so that will fit perfectly to Vietnam. We also have the most excellent A-4E community mod. Can that be included? I’d love to fly it online.

This was discussed quite often here. Can't do it. That would force all the players to install the mod in order to fly on the server, and that's very compelling. Sorry, buddy.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

S!

Good :)

Actually if you limit the harrier to no TPOD, and no guided weps the AV8B isn't too bad IMO, and the original did fly right at the end of the CW. The ARBS/DMT capability existed in the A4M for a long time during the cold war too. I think most player issue with it is the all aspect Aim-9M.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thanks for reporting! That helps a lot :thumbup:

Fixed!

This was discussed quite often here. Can't do it. That would force all the players to install the mod in order to fly on the server, and that's very compelling. Sorry, buddy.

Well I believe Razbam is making the A-4M for the Falklands along with a bunch of other cold war birds that were used then so there is definitely that!

A-4-catapult-1200x675-1200x0-c-default.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]