Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi update:

2 x Saudi F-5's have been added to the Blue coalition.

NOTE:

The mission editor mod (see previous posts) works fine now.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

i think warehouses are broken again, Phone booth mission has Nukes and no PBT800.

All warehouses have been fixed. Thanks for reporting.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Currently 31 players online flying the mission Open Range. Over the last days and around the same time I had the new mission Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi running to give players the chance to fly the new mission. The result was almost ZERO players flying. Either the mission sucks which is possible (and I thought the MiG-29A and the M-2000C would encourage players to fly the mission) or it's because many players don't own the PG map. However, the mission The Desert Has Eyes runs on the PG map and there have always been players flying the mission. 15-20 players or so.

I'm posting this because I'm working on a new mission in the PG map, but before I continue, I just wanted to know if it's a map issue or not.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I personally dont have a problem with the new mission and find PG the easiest map to spot stuff on. some people do get performance issues with it though and maybe that is why it hast been very popular.

Doesn't really make sense. The BlueFlag PG mission and some 104th PG missions and other servers as well have at least 30+ players. Surely less numbers than in the Caucasus but still...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I think that what hapens with the new mission is more a problem of the last week update problems, i havent been able to give it a try because of that. Also i think that PG map woorks a lot better than Caucasus in terms of performance and most people own the map so i guess thats not a big problem. Either way keep up the good work and please provide us with more combat scenarios, thank you very much for your hard work.

Just give the mission some time, it'll pick up.

The surprising thing, for me, about the Abu Dhabi mission is how cool it was to be fighting overhead a huge city. Very different from all the other missions. Flying the Mi-8 into the dropzones felt like flying into Mogadishu in Black Hawk Down.

Just give the mission some time, it'll pick up.

The surprising thing, for me, about the Abu Dhabi mission is how cool it was to be fighting overhead a huge city. Very different from all the other missions. Flying the Mi-8 into the dropzones felt like flying into Mogadishu in Black Hawk Down.

Which is why I wanted to use the airports in the city rather than fly over nothing but sand for the whole time.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server's online actually and I just joined and two others were online too.

I've just restarted the server to maybe solve the issue for others.

Let me know...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Good battle last night on the Abu Dhabi mission with a nice amount of red v blue and a great guy doing GCI for blue, really enjoyed it and some good teamwork on both sides. Great mission!

+1 i really liked the mission, just to ask, are there no ARK stations for Migs or Mi8s to use for navigation???

Server is frozen at 2:30:40 on the phone booth mission. I can join in but doesn't load.

PC : i7 7700K | NVIDIA 2070 Super | 32GB RAM 3000MHz

Modules : FC3 | Bf 109K-4 Kurfurst | F-5E-3 Tiger II | A-10C Worthog | MiG-21Bis Fishbed | UH-1H Huey | Combined Arms | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C Hornet | Ka-50 | F-14A&B Tomcat! | L-39 | Mi-8MTV | Persian Gulf | F-86F | MiG-15 | AV-8B N/A | M-2000C | P-51D | F-16C | Yak-52 | Nevada | SA342 | NS430 | JF-17

Virpil WarBRD | Virpil VFX Grip