Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

You really really really have to watch this interview with ED! Nice work there, Grim Reapers. Incredible interview with lots of information:

Thanks for that, a lot of information!

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Shots from yesterdays Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed mission.

And yes, there was an Abrams on the far end of the Farp :glare:

I managed to destroy the Abrams with a second BMP-2 after more Ka-50's, Su-25's and 1 x MiG-21 with S-24B rockets failed to do so. At one point it was 6-7 Red vs 22 Blue. So I had to risk it and luckily dodged the Abrams shots while guiding the ATGM. Was stressful like nothing else in DCS. Combined Arms is very underrated. I'm glad ED is working on bringing the CA module to the highest of levels as announced in the interview I've posted above.

We still managed to capture and hold everything except for Batumi airbase. I went to bed and others were still online but didn't manage to finish the job it seems.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

It was a hard battle :noexpression:

I kept seeing dust clouds around the hilos and ground vehicles, and it looked really unrealistic.

The rain takes away this bright white cloud, as you mentioned before, and I did some testing if this can be achieved with beautiful weather clouds (cumulus 5/10 of the sky with rain added).

First pic below is from yesterdays mission.

Second is with 5/10 clouds with no rain.

Third is 5/10 clouds with rain.

The precipitation does not obscure the viz or changes much to the fps, but the dust effect is minimized.

Hovering Hilos will get extremely penalized with this dust effect, which is much more visible on woodland maps.

Edited by NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

bro did you straight up ban the Rb24J? what's going on?

You've been away for a long time, buddy. Haven't seen you in a while.

Weapons' restrictions are on and very likely to stay. No more head on kills. Dogfights last longer and are way more challenging. The MiG-21 and the F-5 should carry out the aerial fights. At some point the Viggens were misused by some players as fighters only. That screwed up the scenarios in all the missions I have. No more AG missions on the Blue side, etc. etc... long story with multiple posts on the thread. I had to react. And most players seem to have adapted to it and gotten better.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Weapons' restrictions are on and very likely to stay. No more head on kills. Dogfights last longer and are way more challenging. The MiG-21 and the F-5 should carry out the aerial fights. At some point the Viggens were misused by some players as fighters only. That screwed up the scenarios in all the missions I have. No more AG missions on the Blue side, etc. etc... long story with multiple posts on the thread. I had to react. And most players seem to have adapted to it and gotten better.

wait, what? I thought the maneuver skills of the RB24J was a topic but it was also able to kill head on?

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

wait, what? I thought the maneuver skills of the RB24J was a topic but it was also able to kill head on?

No, but the RB24J was one of the topics. I'm not going to start all over again with that issue. Read through some of the pages of the last 2-3 weeks or so if you really want to know.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Alright, guess I'm done with this server then.

Server News:

- Combined Arms Tournament 4 is on!

- Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi - FARP's fixed.

- Two Towns - multiple fixes.

- The positions of ground units on Kish Island in the mission One Night in Arabia have been changed -> new positions.

- Working on a new mission as a followup for One Night in Arabia after Blue has won it every time.

- The new mission will be 3 hours at night (moon enabled) and 2 hours in the early morning time.

- The new mission will have T-72B's vs Abrams and Challenger ll (allies involved) tanks among other ground units.

- The new mission will feature B-52's.

- The new mission will feature Su-25T's instead of Su-25's. However, with various weapons' and pods' restrictions.

- In the new mission Blue is the attacker and Red is the defender.

- The new mission will feature no CTLD this time. Deal with the ground units available sensibly.

- Therefore, the new mission will have no Huey's (might change at some point in the future).

- The new mission will have 2 x Mi-8's only. The main tasking will be sling loading ammo crates.

- The new mission features multiple sound effects - AI radio calls.

- The new mission should be ready within a week, or so I hope.

EDIT:

Operation Ossetia is undergoing some fixing and changes. Will go online soon.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Alpenwolf, mission Two towns. When I get closer to those big smokes, my pc start stuttering like hell. And i don't rememeber it did 4 months ago. I have i7 9900 K 32gb, 1080ti on VR.

Any idea what is causing it?

Maybe we could try the high elevation Density 5 rain clouds instead, the overcast and heavy rain has an effect on Fps. Adding on a lower visibility (mist) range (lets say 5-6km’s) could compensate the effect that you would otherwise get with heavy precipitation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Smoke causes bad frame rates as a given, with all the updates lately I would expect drops over time. This is nothing to do with missions unless the following has been changed.

Extra smoke pylons been used.

Pilon’s of smoke are increased in size.

To mitigate this, the Pylon size can be reduced in size. I'm not sure if two small smoke pylon’s would be better than one large pylon.

Only testing would prove this.

Mission making is tough and takes time, but if you have constructive criticism that has been tested, I’m sure that would help out AlpenWolf a lot.

Hope this helps.

Mark (Mike-Delta)

Alright, guess I'm done with this server then.

Bit of a odd move for someone "done with this server" and a misrepresentation of the weapon restrictions and discussions. It's a hard balancing act and will always be a work in progress, also the weapons restrictions vary by mission. You may wish to play both red and blue sides, if you can and as a few of us have done, to get the full picture.

https://www.reddit.com/r/floggit/comments/i4t3c3/the_cold_war_server_has_had_enough_of_the_viggen/

Also, w.r.t your original complaint, did you even take the time to read why the Rb24j was restricted? There is an actual bug in the missile that makes it twice as manoeuvrable as other Aim9p models and hence it was unrealistic and OP.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281391

Edited by Sideburns
Typo correction

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Maybe it is VR the cause, cause i have no issues without it.

VR has always had issues in DCS according to what I read and hear from those who have it. I don't own it myself and don't know for sure. But it is the reason for me to stick with TrackIR until I start reading and hearing more positive feedback about VR.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Bit of a odd move for someone "done with this server" and a misrepresentation of the weapon restrictions and discussions. It's a hard balancing act and will always be a work in progress, also the weapons restrictions vary by mission. You may wish to play both red and blue sides, if you can and as a few of us have done, to get the full picture.

https://www.reddit.com/r/floggit/comments/i4t3c3/the_cold_war_server_has_had_enough_of_the_viggen/

Also, w.r.t your original complaint, did you even take the time to read why the Rb24j was restricted? There is an actual bug in the missile that makes it twice as manoeuvrable as other Aim9p models and hence it was unrealistic and OP.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281391

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]