Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

The 24J missile is being added to the missions. I said that many times. It's like I push a button and magically they are added. So be patient, please.

I read through all the recent posts and didn't see a reference to it. I may have overlooked it. I apologize.

I really wish there would be more variety in regards to weather and daytime,

Some missions have wind and turbulence, others don't. Some missions are in the morning, midday or around sunset. All four seasons are included. Two missions at night. Rain is currently included in 4 missions. Sandstorm in two missions on the Persian Gulf map, etc.

More variety? Like what?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• ED Team

@Alpenwolf: Could you add a disclaimer to the briefing on red side that MiG-15 tactical net is 4.95 AM and that GCIs should always tune both 124 and 4.95 when they see MiG-15s in the air (and possibly turn on Simultanous Transmission in AWACS overlay)? It's not really an obvious thing to do, as most servers turn on additional radios in SRS when they have aircraft on the same side that are incapable of tuning to the same frequencies.

@Alpenwolf: Could you add a disclaimer to the briefing on red side that MiG-15 tactical net is 4.95 AM and that GCIs should always tune both 124 and 4.95 when they see MiG-15s in the air (and possibly turn on Simultanous Transmission in AWACS overlay)? It's not really an obvious thing to do, as most servers turn on additional radios in SRS when they have aircraft on the same side that are incapable of tuning to the same frequencies.

It is the briefing actually and the MiG-15's are tuned to 4.95 MHz by default as it says that too under frequencies.

I do GCI a lot. Most MiG-15's so far have not been on SRS so that's on them. When a GCI operator is calling a MiG-15 pilot (suppose he doesn't know the MiG-15 has a different radio system) he's then notified by the players that he can't hear him. Now that should be a good reason for the operator to quickly react to that and tune in for the MiG-15.

This type of fine tuning requires dedication from the players themselves on both sides. Whether as a pilot or a GCI operator.

"Simultanous Transmission in AWACS overlay", you mean give the same AWACS/EWR two frequencies?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Some missions have wind and turbulence, others don't. Some missions are in the morning, midday or around sunset. All four seasons are included. Two missions at night. Rain is currently included in 4 missions. Sandstorm in two missions on the Persian Gulf map, etc.

More variety? Like what?

No, I meant more variety in public multiplayer in general. You server is one of the very few exceptions that actually provide this kind of variety, which is one of the main reasons why I love this server! I'm just saying that I hope, that it stays that way (e.g. don't get rid of night missions) :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hello guys. The question is, is there a mission for the MiG21 to work with ground rockets. Rocket Thunder X?

You can do that on most of the missions on this server.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Wow, cool! I didn't even think about that. I thought there were no targets for the X-66

Wait, what's the X-66? :huh:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hello,

I got trouble with this Cold War server when it comes to game loading. It connects fast to server and to slot list, but as soon as select slot like eg. F5 and press fly, it takes like 8 min to load into cockpit. Same with lower fidelity planes like a10a. It only happens on specific missions, as it load normally on one mission set in caucasus but on every other missions its very long time to load into cockpit. Its very annoying as you can die fast. Cold War server its only one i noticed have this issue for me. Blue Flag or 104th dont have that issue and i think they got much more units and are more complicated than cold war.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Wait, what's the X-66? :huh:

Kh-66 also known as Grom.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Kh-66 also known as Grom.

Oh, well that's not a rocket, but a missile. Not sure if it is available on this server :dunno:

Tornado3 small.jpg

More variety? Like what?

What about wake turbulence? Still no go?

I was wondering about that. Why is that feature so hyped when it has two rather noticeable and recognized issues: namely it affects the performance on servers its ON and its effects are greater than in reality (as users report: overdone): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242475&page=11

I went through changelogs and specific thread but as it seems, neither issue was addressed yet so what's the point of having it ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

I think we found the craziest MBT driver out there.

Total distance doesn't even fit the tacview screen

And he got killed by an A10 upon reaching the Blue base.

Now that's some real dedication right there!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Now that's some real dedication right there!
You bet!

Reminds me of once I tried the Civil Helicopter server. Suddenly there where a crazy amount of downed choppers in Crimea.

Can't imagine how many hours that must have taken...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I was wondering about that. Why is that feature so hyped when it has two rather noticeable and recognized issues: namely it affects the performance on servers its ON and its effects are greater than in reality (as users report: overdone): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242475&page=11

I went through changelogs and specific thread but as it seems, neither issue was addressed yet so what's the point of having it ?

I can't keep track of everything. Allegedly, it was fixed. Now you say it wasn't. SIGH...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Not trying to add you more work brother, just asking. I might have missed something but that is why I went through changelogs. The only ones containing changes relevant to wake turbulence are: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4251208&postcount=91

Wake turbulence damages aircraft on the ground - fixed

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4266537&postcount=92

(stuff related to campaigns)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4208454&postcount=87

(more stuff related to campaigns)

So I don't see any indication of issues being fixed.

Wake turbulence seems to have the same intensity regardless of source aircraft size or configuration. It's known to be lethal to Mirages - getting behind, say, a Hornet cornering at 350kts while over that speed yourself is a fast ticket to losing one or both wings.

The Cold War birds are thrown around a bit but I don't think I've seen one rip from it yet.