Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

1 hour ago, Alpenwolf said:

I don't ban people for speaking their mind. NEVER! Not sure about playing in your basement though, however, it would be some interesting feast with 40 plus people 😉

It's fine, mate. It really isn't that sensitive any more which was the case months ago and got fixed. Unless the bug is back since the latest update? Others will have to share their experience with it first, me included. We'll see...

Might depend on the reproducibility of ping at that time of contact. Regardless, I think it's a minor change that would make 20+ minute long trips not a complete waste of time if the crate decides to shit itself through the floor. Would certainly reduce the feeling of imminent screen-empunchening, and you're still doing 99% the same thing.

Hmm I never had an issue with sling loading (surprisingly) and in cases where i did crash it was 100% my fault so... I love slingloading now, and frankly I wish there would be more of it 😄 Adds something different and quite rare in multiplayer, with lots of pressure, making successful haul much more satisfying. I would say its a fair challenge to unlock "premium" planes like F14 or Mig29. Maybe some mission to capture crate from middle of map? 😉

@AlpenwolfWhat about idea of new mission marines oriented. Take some map with lots of water and islands (Persian Dubai Palm islands perhaps?) with amphibious vehicles like LAV-25 vs BTR-82

1 hour ago, The_Tau said:

Hmm I never had an issue with sling loading (surprisingly) and in cases where i did crash it was 100% my fault so... I love slingloading now, and frankly I wish there would be more of it 😄 Adds something different and quite rare in multiplayer, with lots of pressure, making successful haul much more satisfying. I would say its a fair challenge to unlock "premium" planes like F14 or Mig29. Maybe some mission to capture crate from middle of map? 😉

@AlpenwolfWhat about idea of new mission marines oriented. Take some map with lots of water and islands (Persian Dubai Palm islands perhaps?) with amphibious vehicles like LAV-25 vs BTR-82

Same here. Sling loading is really not a big deal to me either. Just tested it and it works perfectly. And it's a whole different type of a challenge for transport helicopters. And don't worry, it will be added to new/old missions. Not any time soon though as I happen to be a bit occupied with other things these days.

I had a mission like that completely over water and Islands in the PG map. I then thought it might be boring flying mainly over nothing but water for the most part of it, so I put it a side and never completed it.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

13 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

I had a mission like that completely over water and Islands in the PG map. I then thought it might be boring flying mainly over nothing but water for the most part of it, so I put it a side and never completed it.

Thats why I suggested Dubai Palm Islands or Flood area north of Qeshm Island. Seem much more interesting and more survivable for helicopters than open seas

1 hour ago, Zachrix said:

Alpen is server up? Having trouble finding it on server browser, before updating and after updating? 

Try connecting via IP number:

Server IP: 193.70.81.86

SimpleRadio IP: 193.70.81.86

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

On 2/26/2021 at 12:00 AM, Sideburns said:

You are incorrect.

Having just hopped on the server it allowed 6xR60 to be mounted, and as you say it is possible to mount 4 R60 and then 4 R60m where these are available in the mission. Probably not a realistic loadout but the MiG21 can currently mount 8 R60 type (i.e. R60 and R60m) missiles.

I know moving goalposts is a favourite pastime of yours, but the discussion was whether it was possible to load 8 missiles, not 6. Saying it can't carry "up to 8" doesn't exclude it from being able to carry 6, it means it can't carry 8 - unless you use both types of R-60 - and we can't on this server as the M is restricted. If you had made this distinction, then sure - but you didn't, probably because it would undermine the point you're trying to make, which would be too inconvenient.

At no point has anyone said it's not possible to load 6 R-60s, it's a common loadout. I'm not sure why you brought this up other than as a strawman. The gotcha attempts are cute, though.

Edited by rossmum

Server's back up.

Was at work last night so didn't see your messages. Sorry, folks.

It appears as if someone has hacked the server. I received the following message:

"Unauthorised user has connected". It was around 19:32 pm my time.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

28 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

From today on Search and Destroy.

LOL this guy has some explaining to do.

image.png

Thanks for reporting.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The server/game was really laggy stuttery for me tonight on Two Towns. The stutters & lag were actually causing my Mig21's engine to spool up and down, stall and require a restart (had to restart about 5 times in the space of two sorties), which was interesting, to say the least.

Even weirder, I spontaneously died after getting hit in the back when I thought the area was clear -  after ejecting I had a rant at having been tk'ed because I saw a Mig21 fly over my parachute. An hour later, I load up the replay in TacView and... I apparently just vanished from the air with nothing & no-one in the vicinity of my aircraft... strange (and the flight path of the friendly pretty much exclude him/her from the equation).

Edited by Althar93

12 hours ago, Althar93 said:

The server/game was really laggy stuttery for me tonight on Two Towns. The stutters & lag were actually causing my Mig21's engine to spool up and down, stall and require a restart (had to restart about 5 times in the space of two sorties), which was interesting, to say the least.

Even weirder, I spontaneously died after getting hit in the back when I thought the area was clear -  after ejecting I had a rant at having been tk'ed because I saw a Mig21 fly over my parachute. An hour later, I load up the replay in TacView and... I apparently just vanished from the air with nothing & no-one in the vicinity of my aircraft... strange (and the flight path of the friendly pretty much exclude him/her from the equation).

Didn't have any performance issues myself. Maybe it's on your side only?

14 hours ago, F16wannabe said:

Bring back Operation Phone Booth!  I got some collect calls to make with my F-5.

-Tricker

Will do.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

On 2/27/2021 at 6:13 AM, rossmum said:

I know moving goalposts is a favourite pastime of yours, but the discussion was whether it was possible to load 8 missiles, not 6. Saying it can't carry "up to 8" doesn't exclude it from being able to carry 6, it means it can't carry 8 - unless you use both types of R-60 - and we can't on this server as the M is restricted. If you had made this distinction, then sure - but you didn't, probably because it would undermine the point you're trying to make, which would be too inconvenient.

At no point has anyone said it's not possible to load 6 R-60s, it's a common loadout. I'm not sure why you brought this up other than as a strawman. The gotcha attempts are cute, though.

I'd recommend focussing your efforts on the argument at hand rather than attempts at personal attacks.

The original context of this point was commentary on imbalance regarding the AJS37 being able to carry six IR missiles, well so can the MiG21 or up to 8 IR missiles mission permitting (i.e. where the R60m is available at bases for other types and the MiG21 is willing and able to do the transit, appreciate this is not the way it is meant to be played or every mission in the CW server rotation). Hence the original point on the Viggen being able to carry six was a poor argument w.r.t balance.

Glad you are back online, hope to see you in the skies again soon 🙂

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Server News:

* Operation Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed will be back online during this week:

New features:

- Instead of winter and snow, it's spring and no clouds (let's just wait for the new clouds).

- No Su-25T's; Su-25A's instead.

- No AV-8B's; A-10A's and AJS37's instead.

- F-14A's instead of F-14B's (shows how long this mission has been offline).

- All aircraft are limited in numbers! Weapons anyway.

- The briefing has been modified and more details and clarifications were added.

- Waypoints for Su-25's, A-10A's, AJS37's and F-14A's were added (check out the briefing for more details).

- Combined Arms operators have access to all ground units except for the main garrison units are Sochi airbase (Red) and Kutaisi airbase (Blue).

- Added more slots to various airbases.

- Instead of 10 hours running time it's now 8. Might not be enough to complete the job but it's not really a job and it shouldn't feel like it.

- Removed some ground units and added others for Mi-8's and UH-1's to deploy.

- Other tiny details regarding triggers and flags were optimised/fixed.

* Operation Phone Booth is currently undergoing some upgrading and possible fixing. Will be next to go back online.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

* Operation Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed will be back online by tomorrow. The Mistrals will be included in this one (limited) so watch out Red pilots!

* Operation Behind Enemy Lines will also be back online by tomorrow replacing operation Homs.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Don't know about that... been playing "Battle Over Sukhumi. for couple of hours now (still ongoing as I am writing this)...and let me tell you it is a bloodbath over Sukhumi. There were planes flying over it non-stop, for hours... borderline quake.

Couple of hours later most aircraft were destroyed, so few platforms were left.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days