Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

On 4/12/2021 at 1:13 AM, Apok said:

Same thing happened just now on Prince of Persia and blue got owned in main town. When they hide tanks like that, their fire cone is narrow. Also they are succeptable of being flanked and picked off from behind. Oddly I find it easer to kill them then when they are in open space.  You just run around town and w8 for them to be located. Also using HE on surrounding buildings to bury them is fun.

Regarding  Abrams being OP compared to T72. Irl armour was weaker on T72 and AP rounds penetration wasnt enough to pierce Abrams turret head on. 

We know. We're complaining bluefor gets a 90s Abrams when we can't use the T-80.

9 hours ago, LegionCW said:

We know. We're complaining bluefor gets a 90s Abrams when we can't use the T-80.

Because the CTLD script doesn't allow deploying T-80's. They spawn as Leclerc tanks! To fix that you'd need to rewrite almost the entire script as Ciribob told me. Shame.

... But wait a minute! Tanks can't be deployed in Prince of Persia anyway. Alright then. Give me some time and I'll replace the T-72's with T-80's. A bit busy at work these days.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

6 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

Because the CTLD script doesn't allow deploying T-80's. They spawn as Leclerc tanks! To fix that you'd need to rewrite almost the entire script as Ciribob told me. Shame.

... But wait a minute! Tanks can't be deployed in Prince of Persia anyway. Alright then. Give me some time and I'll replace the T-72's with T-80's. A bit busy at work these days.

aaah so that would explain it. I always wondered why not T80s...

3 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

I meant search and destroy. And in POP why not just make the tanks that spawn at the airfields T-80s? That doesn't involve CTLD so shouldn't be an issue.

4 hours ago, LegionCW said:

I meant search and destroy. And in POP why not just make the tanks that spawn at the airfields T-80s? That doesn't involve CTLD so shouldn't be an issue.

You replied to a post where I literally said I'll replace the T-72's with T-80's in Prince of Persia by saying I should replace T-72's with T-80's in Prince of Persia? Now that's confusing 😉

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

3 hours ago, Conker4 said:

@Alpenwolf Seeing you said that you were taking a break from DCS could you make the missions public/open to certain people, so someone could make adjustments and send them to you for the stamp of approval? ie. adding farps/roadbases, updating briefs and other things.

I appreciate the offer but I'd rather keep an eye on every tiny little detail and change, which is why I work alone. The only help I need is from anyone capable of lua scripting to optimise a few things as I've always taked about over all these years. Haven't had not one person yet in that regard. Not that I've been searching publicly for someone like that, but every time I run into a wall in the ME and I share that information with you explaining why things are the way they are, I'm actually hoping for someone to offer his lua knowledge and time so we could work out a script together. Whether limiting lives, Combined Arms usage for SRS users only who are acually online and on comms, weapons restrictions, limiting players to flying on one side for a certain number of minutes/hours before they can change coalitions, etc. Lots of things. And all that requires lua scripting. So you see how limited the ME tool is, although I appreciate many features in it.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Viggens tend to run out of Mav’s & Bombs pretty quickly.. especially the 24J. Reason for this is that majority of us load up for an airstrike, but will have to ditch the 4 inner pylons when put into a tight spot. 

A 100% increase in armament on all missions would be great, just so that the Viggen can be able to fulfil it’s duties as a striker. 

We ran out of Mav's one hour in on tonights Search & Destroy mission. Not even half of them were fired. 

Hope to see you soon 👍

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

22 hours ago, NELLUS said:

Viggens tend to run out of Mav’s & Bombs pretty quickly.. especially the 24J. Reason for this is that majority of us load up for an airstrike, but will have to ditch the 4 inner pylons when put into a tight spot. 

A 100% increase in armament on all missions would be great, just so that the Viggen can be able to fulfil it’s duties as a striker. 

We ran out of Mav's one hour in on tonights Search & Destroy mission. Not even half of them were fired. 

Hope to see you soon 👍

I could increase the number of Mavericks, however not the AA weapons. The latter would encourage Viggen pilots to perform more aerial combat than they should.

Will do.

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Worth looking at - apparently hotspot tracking dropped with the update. The AV-8B was already pushing things a bit, but if there's no way to turn this off in the editor, it might be time to ditch it and replace with more A-10 slots - I don't think we can rely on people not using any system available to them, even if it's technically not supposed to be used.

RB intentionally made the system a little janky to prevent it from being essentially a "cheat" in modern settings, but even with positional uncertainty/false contacts, it's pretty far outside the capabilities of anything else either team has here and once people adjust to it and learn to differentiate false contacts from real ones, we'll have problems.

4 hours ago, rossmum said:

Worth looking at - apparently hotspot tracking dropped with the update. The AV-8B was already pushing things a bit, but if there's no way to turn this off in the editor, it might be time to ditch it and replace with more A-10 slots - I don't think we can rely on people not using any system available to them, even if it's technically not supposed to be used.

RB intentionally made the system a little janky to prevent it from being essentially a "cheat" in modern settings, but even with positional uncertainty/false contacts, it's pretty far outside the capabilities of anything else either team has here and once people adjust to it and learn to differentiate false contacts from real ones, we'll have problems.

Thanks for reporting! I'll have a look tomorrow, still at work.

It's not like Blue lack strikers with the A-10A and AJS37 at hand. It's simply a weird story with the Harrier and the server that is been going on for some years now. Maybe it really is about time we said farewell to this beauty.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

The warehouses are bugged after yesterday's update and with that the server remains offline until a mission or two are fixed.

The bug seems to work differently this time around though. The MiG-21 has access to everything it needs, especially the countermeasures pod. On the other hand the F-5 has no access to any AA missiles.

Bear with me, please. Working on it now.

• Thanks 4

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

31 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

The warehouses are bugged after yesterday's update and with that the server remains offline until a mission or two are fixed.

The bug seems to work differently this time around though. The MiG-21 has access to everything it needs, especially the countermeasures pod. On the other hand the F-5 has no access to any AA missiles.

Bear with me, please. Working on it now.

Can only imagine the workload, thanks for sorting it out👍

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Server News:

- The warehouses in all Caucasus missions (except for operation Mountain Peaks) are fixed.

- Operation Mountain Peaks will go online very soon.

- The Harrier was removed from all Caucasus missions.

- Cloud adjustments were made in some of the Caucasus missions.

Farewell:

Thanks to all the Harrier pilots who flew with us and against us all those years. A beautiful aircraft no doubt. But we all knew it never really fit in and that this day eventually will come.

Hope we finally get our hands on a Blue striker that is more suitable to the featured Cold War eras we have in the missions.

Take care, Harrier. God bless! And it's been an honour to have you with us.

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Server' back online!

Operation Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed:

- Capturing Batumi airbase is longer part of the objective.

- The airbase is Blue at mission's start with Viggens available only as it used to be the case.

- Red can attack the airbase but they don't have to.

- That leaves us with 4 airbases and 2 FARP's to capture and hold.

- The objective for both is: Gudauta, Sukhumi, Senkai and Kobuleti airbases. Plus FARP Vally and FARP Zeni.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

how do you capture airfield in "'Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed"? i don't get it. i picked up a Bradley, land 200 meters away from the orange smoke. but when i'm about to unpack it, it says"this unit doesn;t belong here"something like that.

Also IMO this mission is really annoying because you pretty much have to take turns or wait until someone who has a heli module captures an airfield. I know this servers is all about teamwork and getting the objectives done(don't get it wrong, i love the idea of capturing town and airfield while the fighters cover), but waiting turns when i only got a limited  time and limited module playing DCS and only loves CW jets is kinda annoying. maybe you should change the numbers of aircraft available at the start. just remove the F-14 and Mig-29

8 hours ago, TeufelHunden said:

Is server down again? I don't see it in the list

6 hours ago, CrazyGman said:

Same

Yes. Looks like the bugged warehouses in all Persian Gulf missions caused the crash. Working on it right now.

• Thanks 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments