9 hours ago, The_Tau said:

Due to popular demand 😛

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1068627779?t=0h12m22s

Apparently I killed the streamer 😄

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1068417721?t=3h53m49s

and one more clean 21 kill

Got couple of maneuver kills too

@Alpenwolf

I did couple tests for EWR for P51, it works only with specific EWR names like Darknight, Warrior or Pointer. With names like Mantis it doesnt work. So simply change name of EWR to Warrior for example and it should work

Nice kill! Wish the other guy in his I-16 would post the video of him killing the F-5.

Thanks for testing. EWR fixed!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

8 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Nice kill! Wish the other guy in his I-16 would post the video of him killing the F-5.

Thanks for testing. EWR fixed!

Upon tacview inspection - looks like I was chasing the F5 & firing but they stalled out / went straight into the ground while I was on their tail. No actual hits connected (thought they did).

12 minutes ago, batsoup said:

Upon tacview inspection - looks like I was chasing the F5 & firing but they stalled out / went straight into the ground while I was on their tail. No actual hits connected (thought they did).

Next time you'll get him! Counting on ya 😉

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

18 minutes ago, Ian Boys UK said:

The Desert Eyes mission failed today. EWR's and units didn't load, only tents at each site. Mission was finished in a few minutes.

Check out FAQ number 8 on the main post of this thread.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

13 hours ago, rossmum said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/551069506974253056/858619740497772564/unknown.png

🥰

Yeah, remind me once again that all MiG-21 slots are regularly fully occupied... 😭

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

@Alpenwolf Could you replace one of the jtac slots with a tac commander one in Phone Booth ? (Since EWR's and ground units need to be activated now and only tac comm slot allows that)
I hope ED will fix this, it really is making chopper life frustrating.

Also, this mission ended today with a win for red side while blue still had Nalchik. Red destroyed the blue incoming vehicle group to Beslan while blue didn't finish theirs. What are the parameters to win this mission exactly ? (I always thought it was holding both airfields)

On a side note there are still people flying CAP Viggen with 6 Rb24Js, I wish there was a way to lock loadouts at 2 maximum 🙄

Edited by ConkersBFD

4 minutes ago, ConkersBFD said:

@Alpenwolf Could you replace one of the jtac slots with a tac commander one in Phone Booth ? (Since EWR's and ground units need to be activated now and only tac comm slot allows that)

Also, this mission ended today with a win for red side while blue still had Nalchik .Red destroyed the blue incoming vehicle group to Beslan while blue didn't finish theirs. What are the parameters to win this mission exactly ? (I always thought it was holding both airfields)

On a side note there are still people flying CAP Viggen with 6 Rb24Js, I wish there was a way to lock loadouts at 2 maximum 🙄

The RB24J is a must for the strikers. Everyone that I know on the server has kept to 2-4 RB24J’s per flight. One way to limit folks that hop in and load up with x6 is to place the RB24J’s on Road Bases only. This way the dedicated strikers have the possibility to arm up, and the less dedicated will stick with the RB24’s. 

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, ConkersBFD said:

Also, this mission ended today with a win for red side while blue still had Nalchik .Red destroyed the blue incoming vehicle group to Beslan while blue didn't finish theirs. What are the parameters to win this mission exactly ? (I always thought it was holding both airfields)

It's in the briefing actually. And no, it's not about capturing and holding both airbases. This is one of my first missions ever where TA's are activated once previous TA's are finished regardless of what the enemy's doing. Both coalitions have the same objectives and it comes down to who finishes his first. Fighters focus on annoying enemy strikers and helicopters while protecting theirs.

2 hours ago, NELLUS said:

The RB24J is a must for the strikers. Everyone that I know on the server has kept to 2-4 RB24J’s per flight. One way to limit folks that hop in and load up with x6 is to place the RB24J’s on Road Bases only. This way the dedicated strikers have the possibility to arm up, and the less dedicated will stick with the RB24’s. 

Good idea, however, taking off from the main airbase for the first run without capable air missiles is a handicap. We'll have to live with this until the option for limiting certain weapon types for certain aircraft type or pylons is available. That's it. Continuous reworking things to go around some nasty bugs or exploits is a never ending story. And this one here is not a vital thing to the extent I'd need permanent reports about. Just live with it, guys, until one day...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

52 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

It's in the briefing actually. And no, it's not about capturing and holding both airbases. This is one of my first missions ever where TA's are activated once previous TA's are finished regardless of what the enemy's doing. Both coalitions have the same objectives and it comes down to who finishes his first. Fighters focus on annoying enemy strikers and helicopters while protecting theirs.

I re-read the briefing before posting and I didn't find this quite clear (maybe it's on my end though😄

You're right @NELLUS, AJS as a striker needs self defense. We'll continue to try and tell people carrying 6xrb24Js that CAP isn't the Viggen main role on the server. I know most usual Viggen fliers respect that but I've had at least two instances these past few days with guys loading 24Js up the wazoo and not really giving a F*** when told that numbers are very limited while GCI is desperately trying to find strikers to complete objectives (and I've play red a lot more this week !)  Hopefully most will play fair but I'm a bit skeptical given past experiences. 

@Alpenwolf I understand you're doing what you can and we're all thankful for it ! 

How do you feel about that tactical commander slot in Phone Booth ? I'm guessing you didn't put one because it would make things too easy to capture an airfield with 1 or 2 bradleys/bmps without even driving them ? If that's the case let's just wait for an update so our EWRs work again without human intervention. 

Edited by ConkersBFD

1 hour ago, ConkersBFD said:

How do you feel about that tactical commander slot in Phone Booth ? I'm guessing you didn't put one because it would make things too easy to capture an airfield with 1 or 2 bradleys/bmps without even driving them ? If that's the case let's just wait for an update so our EWRs work again without human intervention. 

No, that's not the reason. I'll check it out again tomorrow. Can't promise anything but I had a reason for excluding the cmdr.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I am not the biggest YouTuber in the world but after rediscovering this server in the last few months, I wanted to shed some light on it because I think its criminally overlooked by a lot of people. I think this server really strikes a good balance and has a good niche that a lot of people would enjoy.

• Like 10

17 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

I am not the biggest YouTuber in the world but after rediscovering this server in the last few months, I wanted to shed some light on it because I think its criminally overlooked by a lot of people. I think this server really strikes a good balance and has a good niche that a lot of people would enjoy.

Thank you for the very informative video. Always interesting to see how players react to the missions.

You're right about the rush hours on the server when 40+ players are online and you're also right saying that 10+ players are more than enough to enjoy any mission. Nice to see someone noticing the latter, and I've said it quite often actually: 10-25 players is the perfect setup (assuming the coalitions are a bit balanced) to get the most out of every mission. And quite often players ask for more slots and more aircraft providing some reasoning to it and I always feel sorry for them because it simply not going to happen. It's not what any mission scenario could welcome. You want a fun fact? I'm still not very sure how I'm going to deal with the MiG-23 (and hopefully one day the F-4). These two are certainly going to be added it's just that I'm not quite sure if it's going to be on the cost of getting rid of some MiG-21 and F-5 slots or other types of aircraft or not. I might have to change some mission scenarios a bit for the Flogger and Phantom to fit in which is something I've done multiple times, especially after the MiG-29A and the F-14A were added. We'll have to wait and see.

Nice dogfights! However, I always feel "heavy" watching a MiG-21 with so many missile entering a dogfight 😉 I always jettison my R3R's (and they're always on the outer pylons) when in a turn fight. And I never carry 4 IR missiles on two pylons, especially the outer ones. That also felt heavy.

As to the Korea era, we'd probably end up having MiG-15 vs F-86 scenarios only. Maybe the MiG-19 as well but that's it. And for that you should check out the Korea! 1952 server. It's not very popular (probably due to the modules themselves) but sometimes you find 5-10 players flying.

Again, thank you for the video and if I had a youtube account I'd subscribe. Which is why I had my younger brother subscribe to your channel, although he's got nothing to do with DCS 😉

• Like 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

I didn't know the Mariana Islands map was for FREE! Now that's a treatment! Good on you, ED. God bless!

With that, the question is obvious: Will there be a mission on the Mariana Islands map? YES! I'm still working on the new mission (Syria map) though, so in time there will be one Mariana Islands map. It's only 5 airbases with lots of blue in between so it will be 1-2 missions max, I guess.

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

4 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Thank you for the very informative video. Always interesting to see how players react to the missions.

You're right about the rush hours on the server when 40+ players are online and you're also right saying that 10+ players are more than enough to enjoy any mission. Nice to see someone noticing the latter, and I've said it quite often actually: 10-25 players is the perfect setup (assuming the coalitions are a bit balanced) to get the most out of every mission. And quite often players ask for more slots and more aircraft providing some reasoning to it and I always feel sorry for them because it simply not going to happen. It's not what any mission scenario could welcome. You want a fun fact? I'm still not very sure how I'm going to deal with the MiG-23 (and hopefully one day the F-4). These two are certainly going to be added it's just that I'm not quite sure if it's going to be on the cost of getting rid of some MiG-21 and F-5 slots or other types of aircraft or not. I might have to change some mission scenarios a bit for the Flogger and Phantom to fit in which is something I've done multiple times, especially after the MiG-29A and the F-14A were added. We'll have to wait and see.

Nice dogfights! However, I always feel "heavy" watching a MiG-21 with so many missile entering a dogfight 😉 I always jettison my R3R's (and they're always on the outer pylons) when in a turn fight. And I never carry 4 IR missiles on two pylons, especially the outer ones. That also felt heavy.

As to the Korea era, we'd probably end up having MiG-15 vs F-86 scenarios only. Maybe the MiG-19 as well but that's it. And for that you should check out the Korea! 1952 server. It's not very popular (probably due to the modules themselves) but sometimes you find 5-10 players flying.

Again, thank you for the video and if I had a youtube account I'd subscribe. Which is why I had my younger brother subscribe to your channel, although he's got nothing to do with DCS 😉

Thanks for watching and glad that I did it justice. Thx for the brother subscription haha.

I personally would welcome a few scenarios that were anchored around a few other jets but a light touch would be needed. I think having things anchored around the Mig-21 and F-5 in general is good. If we had the occasional mission that stretched ahead or behind the current server plane sets then I think that could be a welcomed change. WIth the new mirage and Mig-23 coming, it would be possible to fit them in. What would be the most equal to the Mig-23, I guess the F-14? A lot of people already own the F-14 so it could be make it viable, I am sure the Mig die hards are going to jump on the Mig-23 when it is out.

Edited by Enigma89

1 hour ago, Enigma89 said:

Thanks for watching and glad that I did it justice. Thx for the brother subscription haha.

I personally would welcome a few scenarios that were anchored around a few other jets but a light touch would be needed. I think having things anchored around the Mig-21 and F-5 in general is good. If we had the occasional mission that stretched ahead or behind the current server plane sets then I think that could be a welcomed change. WIth the new mirage and Mig-23 coming, it would be possible to fit them in. What would be the most equal to the Mig-23, I guess the F-14? A lot of people already own the F-14 so it could be make it viable, I am sure the Mig die hards are going to jump on the Mig-23 when it is out.

By the way, and as you happened to talk about Korea. This was posted today on the Korea! 1952 thread:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The Korea '52 guys are pretty close knit and run some nice events every few months, people fly together up in cons as well. Really unique experience but a much slower pace, so it's good for a rainy day.

As for Marianas - I kinda feel like it'll work best once the F-8 and A-7 arrive. The available landmass is tiny and the islands are reasonably close together, and the fact they're all chained along in a straight line will likely result in GS conga line syndrome if people are basing out of the airports. I'll gladly be proven wrong, though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rossmum said:

The Korea '52 guys are pretty close knit and run some nice events every few months, people fly together up in cons as well. Really unique experience but a much slower pace, so it's good for a rainy day.

As for Marianas - I kinda feel like it'll work best once the F-8 and A-7 arrive. The available landmass is tiny and the islands are reasonably close together, and the fact they're all chained along in a straight line will likely result in GS conga line syndrome if people are basing out of the airports. I'll gladly be proven wrong, though.

I will prove you wrong. Just wait and see 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

There seems to be a spate of BMP rampages lately. People driving from objective to objective shooting everything up with a BMP until the game rotates. 

I know for me, spending an hour trying to frantically set up AA systems to defend a farp from assault only for a lone BMP to drive up, blow everything up and shoot me down too, makes the time spend on there a bit of a waste. I'm not super familiar with the Combined Arms side of things, but is there a way to lock player control from armed vehicles so they can only use it as an AWACS/GCI or actual JTAC(Call in airstrikes and Artillery), and not just drive around winning the war single handed?

• Like 2

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

2 hours ago, Grievo said:

There seems to be a spate of BMP rampages lately. People driving from objective to objective shooting everything up with a BMP until the game rotates. 

I know for me, spending an hour trying to frantically set up AA systems to defend a farp from assault only for a lone BMP to drive up, blow everything up and shoot me down too, makes the time spend on there a bit of a waste. I'm not super familiar with the Combined Arms side of things, but is there a way to lock player control from armed vehicles so they can only use it as an AWACS/GCI or actual JTAC(Call in airstrikes and Artillery), and not just drive around winning the war single handed?

I think you're referring to the mission Hold The Line. Each one of the sic FARP's has BMP-2's/Bradley's around it at mission's start to counter exactly that. However, if enemy strikers/helicopters take out your APC's for their own to move in then it's just a perfect example on how to do things properly. Let's not forget that you can deploy APC's as well in that mission, so instead of just setting up AA's and AAA's make sure you have some APC's out there to protect them. Besides, the last thing I need is stationary AI ground units waiting for strikers to wipe them out. I'd rather have players assigning waypoints for them or driving them themselves to keep the ground warfare more dynamic.

• Like 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Can we get a limit on the Stinger units available at the Blue FARP on Swedish Delivery. It's a target for red, but this last mission Blue put over 10 Stinger units surrounding the entire FARP, and I'm pretty sure they had pretty much as many as they wanted to grab, and considering they can just travel five minutes and grab another without consequence it just breaks the mission.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.07.03 - 22.52.32.96.png

Edited by CrazyGman

22 minutes ago, CrazyGman said:

Can we get a limit on the Stinger units available at the Blue FARP on Swedish Delivery. It's a target for red, but this last mission Blue put over 10 Stinger units surrounding the entire FARP, and I'm pretty sure they had pretty much as many as they wanted to grab, and considering they can just travel five minutes and grab another without consequence it just breaks the mission.

I have some sympathy for Crazy on this one. I would like to point out though that it took Myself and Speedog about 2 hours with 2 Hueys to build that defence up, it didn't just appear at mission start.

A limit would definitely be fair enough if there isn't one already, but as it's the objective of Red to capture the FARP, Blue still needs to be able to mobilise enough air defence to cover the potential ingress points. Maybe an additional equalizer could be to replace stingers for avengers. This would be an easier unit for Hinds to detect and engage while ingressing to the target, but since it still uses the stinger missile it provides essentially the same air defence for Blue.

• Like 1

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

13 minutes ago, Grievo said:

I have some sympathy for Crazy on this one. I would like to point out though that it took Myself and Speedog about 2 hours with 2 Hueys to build that defence up, it didn't just appear at mission start.

A limit would definitely be fair enough if there isn't one already, but as it's the objective of Red to capture the FARP, Blue still needs to be able to mobilise enough air defence to cover the potential ingress points. Maybe an additional equalizer could be to replace stingers for avengers. This would be an easier unit for Hinds to detect and engage while ingressing to the target, but since it still uses the stinger missile it provides essentially the same air defence for Blue.

I'm ok with a mixed defense, of stingers, avengers and vulcans, of limited numbers available to be grabbed at the farp, especially due to the distance and the fact that it takes about 15-20 minutes to travel farp to farp in a straight line after spawning in. I'm ok with more units being available at Vody since the increase in travel time, can make up for it.

and of course this works the same for red as well, limited IGLAs and other AAA, so that each farp doesn't become an impossible nut to crack for air units

I'll also note that you guys placed additional stingers half way in between, and that I killed about 3 stingers myself, so that defense of 9-10 stingers can be done within a hour, but even 5 stingers with 3 shots each is just a bit much, when combined with the avengers, already there.

Edited by CrazyGman